gandorf_101

HEADINGuc.png

Contents:

1.1 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Graph Pixeling [getting your lines right!]

==============================

1.1 - Graph Pixeling

- Do you suck at pixels? :roll:

- Do they take took long and you can never seem to get your lines right? :|

WELL THIS IS THE PERFECT TUTORIAL FOR YOU!!!

follow these steps and you may just start to improve on your pixeling like a did when I found out this techinique... after all what better was to learn (from a dummie to a dummie :lol:)

1. Think out what you want your sig to be and what things you want to be included.

2. Now roughly design your sig on paper.

3. Print out this:

grid.png

4. Now you have printed out this weird looking graph kinda paper your ready to start on your pixel sig.

5. Draw your sig on the paper you printed out, but make sure your whole sig is on the green graph...

6. After you have your design drawn on your graphed "sig" paper, open up microsoft paint, now it gets fun!

7. In Microsoft paint copy that graph and paste it in paint.. so you will have this:

grid.png

8. now draw your outlines over this graph using the paper you printed out with your design on it as a guide line to pixel your sig onto the computer.. This is what i got after following this step:

stage1.png

9. Now you have your basic outlines to your sig you can start to add the detail, so now start to add the detail still remembering to use your printed out paper you designed as a guide line still. This is the result I got from this:

stage2.png

10. Now you have the details down its time to clear away that pesky green graph, to clear away the graph its pretty easy, just white out all the lines and then fill in the missing gaps with the right color. This is a before and after shot of what I got out of this step:

before:

chunksmissing.png

after:

stage3.png

11. time to color & shade.

coloring and shading takes i long time maybe the longest part about a sig, to learn to shade I suggest you try this link for a more informative tutorial on shading; http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=217937

this is my results (I know my sig isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t that good but its a very big improvement on what i was before, so that proves my technique works...)

stage4.png

12. Finish your sig off with a nice suiting background and a border!!! :D and 'viola' your done.

finalsigtextwithsample.png

ok the reason for this tutorial:

i was having allot of trouble with my line work before I tried this I could never seem to get my lines right... I could draw them fine but never could I do them good on the computer... so I thought of a few ideas testing some of the most likely to work ideas and found this idea... and I must say it has helped me improve sooooooo much so for all you noob pixelators out there try this out and see if it helps you :)

p.s please post C/C on this tutorial and results you got from my tutorial wether they were positive results or negative I would love to hear

I was going to say if your using Photoshop, you could just make a layer for the graph and then just del. the layer after you use it, but i see your using paint.

never thought of hte idea, but i might try it next time.

HEADINGuc.png

p.s if you have not tried taking a screen shot in XP your probably wondering donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you just click ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅprtscrÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

nice lil tutorial. For people new to pixel art its a good idea to make it as simple as possible and easy to understand, i've never tried grids b4..

I'm getting back into the pixel art so I might take on some advice others to develop a personally new style, cus I wanna get away from the whole anime style I got now.. TOO MUCH DBZ AS A CHILD! its worped my lil mind.

Anyways great tutorial, I recon they should have some sort of pixel board linked to this forum dedicated to making pixel sigs an junk, with a tutorial section. :D It would soo help.

vistame09copyhr8.png

the only problem with this is if you cant draw..... lol.

(i can)

yeh very true but... most people (almost 100%) can draw better than they can pixel :P

nice lil tutorial. For people new to pixel art its a good idea to make it as simple as possible and easy to understand, i've never tried grids b4..

I'm getting back into the pixel art so I might take on some advice others to develop a personally new style, cus I wanna get away from the whole anime style I got now.. TOO MUCH DBZ AS A CHILD! its worped my lil mind.

Anyways great tutorial, I recon they should have some sort of pixel board linked to this forum dedicated to making pixel sigs an junk, with a tutorial section. Very Happy It would soo help.

thx mate :) were u been? i havent seen you around here in ages? been on a diffrent board other than the media board or somthing?

• 4 weeks later...

now after practising with my method a few times i have started working freehand... and look at what i have come up with :) i think its a huge improvement

archerpixelsample3yb.png

edit: ofcourse this sig is nowere near completion...