Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

I'm hoping I can make 95 Mining by Christmas. I'm also hoping this year's event will give us another piece of clothing to go with last year's Santa outfit, but I'm not holding my breath. :lol: Maybe I'll just buy a Santa Hat when I get enough cash.

Congratz on 10m cash :) I just recently bought a santa hat and a red hween :P Awesome items. GL on 95 mining, race me to it haha.

Greetings blog addicts. Once again, I have returned to enthrall you all with stories of my adventures. Unfortunately, adventures have been few and far between of late. 'Tis a most busy time of year and I've had precious little time to play lately. With 220k Xp left to go, I've fallen a bit short of my goal of level 95 by today. Hopefully I'll be able to make it by the end of the weekend (but I'm not holding my breath). I was able to get on and do the Christmas event though, and with it's completion I learned a new mining skill...

[hide=Juggling!!!]

anijuggle.gif[/hide]

...yes, Santa has bestowed upon me knowledge of the ancient art of pickaxe juggling! A most excellent gift, but not the most practical of skills for training with. Still, it's good for impressing people in the G.E. :lol: Seriously though, it's too bad Jagex is planning to correct the glitch after the event is over. It would have been fun do with the skillcape.

The event was a lot of fun this year. My boys watched me go through it and we all laughed hysterically when I blew kisses at Scourge! :lol: I really like the ghostly outfit, although it seems more appropriate for Halloween than Christmas. I have to admit though, the hood looks awesome with the Santa outfit from last year. :grin:

[hide=the Ghost of Christmas Presents?]

kaida23ghostsanta.png[/hide]

I've had a lot of people ask where I got, and try to buy (one guy even offered me his trimmed strength ammy), my Santa outfit in the last few days. They've all been very disappointed when they found out where I got it. Maybe I should just buy a Santa hat and start wearing the outfit all year 'round...but then I wouldn't have my Blue Halloween Mask. <3:

Speaking of Christmas, I got a most excellent present from my girlfriend:

[hide=Woot!]XFilesUltimateBoxSet.jpg[/hide]

That's right, all 9 seasons plus the first movie :thumbsup: (why they made a second one 6 years after the last episode aired is beyond me). I'm very excited, I remember watching The X-Files when it first came out (yes, I'm just that old). Although I'm afraid that my mining is going to suffer all the more for this new acquisition of television greatness, I have to admit I'm not all that upset about it.

And so, dear friends, we come to the end of another entry. I hope Santa Claus was as good to all of you as he was to me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Here we are, a brand new year and a brand new blog entry with a brand new level!

[hide=Level 95!]level95.png[/hide]

I can hardly believe how far I've come. Level 81 seems but a distant memory at this point. Mining glory will be mine this year, I can feel it in my bones. My trusty pickaxe quivers with anticipation for the honor it will bring me. I've been helping Zaaps1 get Xp rates for his Mining Guide, so progress will be a bit slower for next few days. It's a reasonable loss though. His guide is excellent and will help many novice miners achieve their goals. Besides, I may just find a more effective way of training in the process. :thumbup:

I'm also going to be making at least monthly entries on my merching progress. My wealth continues to grow daily and I wish to share my success with (read: brag to :lol: ) all of you.

[hide=Here is where I am today]gp20m.png[/hide]

I made over 12M this month, and 10M in just under 3 weeks. I also had the first of what will, hopefully, be many 1M+ days to come. I never imagined I'd be making 1M gp in one day without mining Runite so I'm very pleased with my success so far. Dare I even hope to be able to purchase a coveted White Partyhat by the end of the year? :ohnoes: It's not outside the realm of possibility, but for now it's one day at a time.

Finally, I want thank everyone for coming with me on my journey so far. It's been a long road and there is much left to do, but having your support and friendship makes even the most impossible task seem achievable. Happy New Year to you all. :grin:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Grats on 85! :thumbup:

Thanks, but did you mean 95 perhaps? ;-)

Shows how much I've been paying attention, another new level and already 20M cash? :wall:

I must stay alert and check back every day from now on. I've been getting really lazy :P.

A big congrats on level 95, only four to go and you will have that coveted 99 :D.

Okay, I'm done sitting on my butt just watching people overtake me level after level after level... Time to get back to mining. Modern Warfare will have to wait :lol:.

Good luck for the coming year and, yet again, another big congrats!

disturbeda.png

Well, a whole week (and a couple of days) has gone by so it's time for a quick update. I've gained about 100k Xp, and about 100k gp, with all the various xp/ore per hour tests I've been doing for Zapps1 (in between watching The X-Files of course :grin:). I think I've gotten all of the rates Zapps was looking for, so I'll be getting back to all out powermining again. Not surprisingly, I've found that the best place, for me at least, is still good ol' Rimmington. Only the Hobgoblin mine in the wildy gave better xp per hour, but it's a real pain to get to and I kept getting PK'd. It's a good thing my merching has been going as good as it has, because I lost two sets of Rune armor testing there... :wall: So I shall continue my mining in Rimmington. With a little over 800k Xp left until level 96, I'm hoping I can get most of the way there by the end of the month.

If I'm not too distracted by aliens and conspiracy theories that is... :lol:

What, you actually got pked in the Hobogoblin Mine? I mined there for 2 hours getting to 72 Mining, and I met no pkers. :mellow:

In fact, I haven't met a single player on the most populated bh +1 world, during that time. You were unlucky, I guess.

Also, wearing full rune is unnecessary. With a rune pickaxe, it's easy to kill the hobogoblins, and it's also easy to lure them away from your spot too. It doesn't even take that long to make them unaggressive. (~10 mins) You don't need food either.

(Btw, I just noticed. If you get 99 Mining you also get 900 total. Nice coincidence. :o )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I didn't wear the Rune for the Hobs (although it did help while waiting for them to become non-aggressive) but for the PK'ers...not that it helped much.

Glad you noticed the 900 total coming up. I didn't originally plan for my first 99 to coincide with any other milestones, but after getting my Runecrafing up so I could play GOP I noticed how close my total level was. So I added one more RC level so I would hit 900 total and 99 Mining together.

Well, yet another week has come and gone and yet another week was spent watching The X-Files instead of mining and I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing. I'd been spending so much time mining that I was starting to get burnt out. But this weekend I made over 215k Xp like it was nothing (it took a little over 6 hours btw :shock: ). Maybe a break for a couple of days at a time is just what I need. I love Mining, frustrations and all, but I can't wait until I can stop worrying about xp/hour rates and searching for empty spots. It will be nice to just log in and go fishing or woodcutting (or just about anything semi-afk-able) and just be able to relax and talk to other players again.

I'm hoping to keep up with an average of around 200k Xp a week so I can hit 99 by around April or May. Easter's at the beginning of April so unless I stop learning the truth about aliens and government conspiracies (did you know putting fluoride into the drinking water led to the Alaska earthquake of '64 and aliens are secretly using Jack in the Box restaurants to study us? :lol: ) or my gf starts getting more hours at work, I don't think I'm going to be making 99 by Easter. Maybe I'll be having my party on the long weekend in May and I can celebrate Victoria Day at the same time. :^_^:

My G.E. merching continues to be successful, and I'm up over 36M now. :grin: I've also been promoted to Sergeant in my merching clan. :thumbsup: I'd like to say it's because of my mad skills, but truthfully our clan leader opened up about 15 new Sgt. positions a couple months back (but for some reason only 3 of them have been filled :huh: ) and anyone who's earned enough from merching since joining and passes the test can get promoted. Going to try for Lieutenant in a couple of months when I meet the qualifications.

@3dskiller2003: Thanks for the support. Too bad about your ban. :( Hope your appeal goes through successfully.

@nerdboyxxx: Hope you get 77 soon so you can get down into the LRC. I hear it's excellent! :thumbup:

doing great! 99 mining in f2p > 99 mining in p2p bar none.

keep it up!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Greetings once again Mining fans! It has been a while, several months in fact, but I am returned from my aimless wanderings. I needed a bit of a break from RS, but once again I hear the siren call of my beloved pick. I was looking back over my blog here to see when I had last posted, and noticed this:

Maybe I'll be having my party on the long weekend in May and I can celebrate Victoria Day at the same time. :^_^:

...hmm...so much for having my party this weekend, eh? :lol: Seems kind of appropriate that this was the weekend I decided to finally check in and once again resume my journey. Although, I did log in at Easter so I could do the quest and get me some squirrel ears.

I've only gained 35k xp in the last few months. So I'm still quite a ways off of my ultimate goal, and still 300k off of level 96. The HD graphics update made things look very excellent, and I can't wait to try out Dungeoneering. I'm a little torn between trying it out for a bit and keeping my plan to get 99 Mining and overall 900 at the same time.

Watch for more updates soon. :grin:

Greetings once again Mining fans! It has been a while, several months in fact, but I am returned from my aimless wanderings. I needed a bit of a break from RS, but once again I hear the siren call of my beloved pick. I was looking back over my blog here to see when I had last posted, and noticed this:

Maybe I'll be having my party on the long weekend in May and I can celebrate Victoria Day at the same time. :^_^:

...hmm...so much for having my party this weekend, eh? :lol: Seems kind of appropriate that this was the weekend I decided to finally check in and once again resume my journey. Although, I did log in at Easter so I could do the quest and get me some squirrel ears.

I've only gained 35k xp in the last few months. So I'm still quite a ways off of my ultimate goal, and still 300k off of level 96. The HD graphics update made things look very excellent, and I can't wait to try out Dungeoneering. I'm a little torn between trying it out for a bit and keeping my plan to get 99 Mining and overall 900 at the same time.

Watch for more updates soon. :grin:

You're back :) And you're gonna finish it ^^

I did what seemed impossible to me half a year ago, my mining lvl became higher than yours o_O

I really have massive respect for you because you do it all in f2p!

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Hey thunderlord! :grin: Even in P2P, 95 Mining is still a pretty big achievement. Much respect back at ya. :thumbup:

I can't believe how much things can change in a couple of months. Now, I don't mean updates (although the xp tracker is pretty awesome <3: ) but rather the simple price of things. Specifically rares. The partyhats have gone up pretty much as I thought they would, but I was absolutely flabbergasted when I checked the price of my mask today: 111.7M!!! :shock: That's almost 10 TIMES what I paid for it a year ago, and more than double what it was worth in January. What the heck happened??? The same thing has happened to Easters and Pumpkins. Did I miss something? Why the demand for lower end rares all of a sudden? If this keeps up I may have to rethink my goal of a white phat... :-k

you, my friend, are now officially rich.

and long time no see ;)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

you, my friend, are now officially rich.

No kidding. :grin: Gonna have to get myself a big feathered hat and a cane.

Soon you will be in the club of f2p people will 99 mining. :)

It's so close I can almost taste it. (hmm...iron ore dust. Yummy!) Still 3 or 4 months off yet, but I shall persevere.

So this morning I was looking around Sonic's blog and noticed that he had completed a quest I had never heard of. I thought this odd as we're both F2P, so I looked up this "Blood Pact" thing and found that while I was away I had missed not only the release of a new skill, but a new quest as well. Well, that just would not do! So I retrieved my magnificent Saradomin armor from the back of the shed, dusted it off and was on my to the Lumbridge cemetery. Along the way, I noticed that my scimitar had rusted into it's scabbard (it's been a long time since I needed it last). After struggling with it for a bit I finally got it out. A quick stop at Bob's Axes to get it resharpened and i was back in business!

At the cemetery I spoke to Xenia, a famous female adventurer whose name is certainly not based upon a famous TV character, and we were on our way to rescue the damsel in distress (you know, classic hero stuff). All told it was a neat little quest that does a pretty good job of explaining the combat triangle without all the discouraging truth of how it really works in F2P. :wink: Thus I did finish my first quest in I don't know how long. The last questy type thing I did was the Lumbridge Achievement Diary almost a year and a half ago.

[hide=Beginner quests = massive rewards!]questbloodpact1.png[/hide]

I also took it upon myself to explore the Lumbridge Catacombs and piece together the necromancer's mask. I'd like to say that my epic combat skills were what allowed me to mow through the vile creatures I encountered in that Saradomin-forsaken place, but it was simply because the highest creature in there was only level 20 and they were horribly outclassed. That didn't stop them from making it difficult to find the mask pieces I needed. Even knowing exactly which creatures to fight (thank you Tip.It), I had to fight far more of them than I would have expected. But in the end I prevailed and the mask was mine!

[hide=Aww yeah. Lookin' good!]mask1.png[/hide]

...unfortunately, Xenia didn't share my enthusiasm for my new headpiece.

[hide=Someone must be jealous.]mask1a.png[/hide]

See that look on my face? I'm coming back to show her who looks ridiculous! Or just sit in the corner and pout. Haven't decided yet. :lol:

Mining-wise, I've gotten about 140k Xp so far this week (did I mention how much I love the Xp tracker? <3: ) and have about 155k left 'till 96. I'm hoping I can get it by the end of the weekend or early next week.

Until next time, blog fans! :grin:

You're back :D.

Like you I've taken some time off mining (idk about 3 months now) but I'll be getting back into it soon. I will be F2P for a while (I reckon around a month or so) and I might be mining during that time, if you can give me any tips on F2P mining I'd be grateful :P.

Keep it up man, you're nearly there :).

disturbeda.png