Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Update time everyone!

The leveling continues unabated, and I bring pictures as proof (this is the internet, after all; pics or it didn't happen ;) )

For floor 11, I decided to go medium and while I got a lot of Xp it took forever to complete. Over an hour and I still didn't open all the rooms (stupid puzzle room needing 70 Crafting :wall: ), but when all was said and done it got me to level 29. I'm now down to the Abandoned floors, and things have gotten harder. By "things", of course, I mean "creatures". I died for the first time in a dungeon and it cost me a level. When I was done, I was only 12Xp short of level 30 so I went to the rewards trader and bought 12Xp so I could level up and enter the Daemonhiem resource dungeon. Which I suppose isn't really a dungeon per se, but more of an island off the western peninsula. Either way, it got me to level 31 and my Dungeoneering level is now ranked! eusa_dance.gif Now I've only got the Mining Guild resource dungeon left to open up, but I can't get to it until level 45. I also gained an Attack level while fighting the floor 11 boss, bringing my combat level up to 65. :thumbup:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Levels 29-31][spoiler=Level 29]dunglevel29.png

dunglevel29a.png

[spoiler=Level 30]dunglevel30.png

[spoiler=Level 31]dunglevel31.png

dunglevel31a.png

[spoiler=Attack Level 51]attlevel51.png

I've also been slowly plugging away at my Runecrafing and got it up to 52. Sonic, I tried to craft water runes as you suggested but after about 20 runs the most I got was 97 runes at once. I haven't tried since I leveled though, so I'll give it another shot and keep trying every time I level up until I get it. For now though, here's a pic:

[spoiler=Runecrafting Level 52]rclevel52.png

rclevel52a.png

Now that I'm up to 944 total, I'm seriously rethinking getting 1000 total with 99 Mining. Heck, I'll probably get 50 levels from Dungeoneering alone. I have to admit that I've really been enjoying Dungeoneering so far, so I'm going to keep at it for now. I'll probably be switching back and forth with RC until I complete the Lumbridge Hard diary.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You're Runecrafting!

ILY! <3:

<3:

For you, my Runecrafting brother, I offer the following update: I was able to finish the Lumbridge Hard diary with only 52 RC! :grin:

[spoiler=Check it out...][spoiler=Crafting 103 Water Runes]diarylumbhard1.png

[spoiler=Talking to Ned]diarylumbhard2.png

diarylumbhard2a.png

Wow, indeed! :thumbup:

[spoiler=Explorer's Ring (4) baby!]diarylumbhard3.png

I used the Xp lamp on RC, finished off the last couple of hundred Xp and leveled up again.

[spoiler=Runecrafting Level 53]rclevel53.png

I've got enough essence left to get to level 55, so I'll slowly be working on that along with my Dungeoneering.

Speaking of which, this one's for my F2P Dungeoneering brother (and inspiration), Sonic:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Levels 32-34][spoiler=Level 32]dunglevel32.png

[spoiler=Level 33]dunglevel33.png

dunglevel33a.png

[spoiler=Level 34]dunglevel34.png

I love the Xp I get from doing medium dungeons, but they take for ever for me to finish so I really only have time for them on weekends. I know I'm spending a lot of time prepping for the boss, but I really needed it last time. If I didn't have a full inventory of flatfish (there were no short-finned eels...in a C6 med :wall:) , that freaking Hobgoblin Geomancer would have had me for breakfast (note the low health and 0 prayer left in the pic). The monsters and bosses are getting harder (duh! :blink:) the deeper I go into the dungeon so the floors are taking a bit longer, but my level is still a couple of floors ahead of where I actually am so I shouldn't have to reset for a few more floors (the last time I reset was floor 2 btw, waaay back at level 4). So for now, I'll just keep plugging away at C6 smalls during the week and try and get at least one medium on the weekends.

I've also started using my leftover gp to buy Protoleather and make hides before finishing off the boss to gain some extra Crafting Xp (an excellent idea I totally stole from Sonic's blog). I gained over 3k Xp from this in the last dungeon, and it didn't take more than a couple of minutes to do. I'll definitely be doing this from now on.

Now, as for the rest of you...unfortunately I gained no other levels this week so I have nothing to offer you but my gratitude and thanks for coming along with my on my journey though RuneScape (as twisted and easily sidetracked as it is :^_^:). Being able to brag about...er, "share" my experiences and accomplishments with all of you makes everything that much better.

Until next time blog fans. :shades:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

:P Seeing you getting your ring inspired me to get mine!

Nice! :thumbup:

Now Jagex just has to fix the (not) creating more runes glitch and we'll be all set. :^_^:

Hey gang. Sorry the updates have been so light this week, it's been absolutely crazy at work. I haven't really had time to play since Tuesday.

Last Sunday I was able to finish off another floor, gaining two more levels along the way. :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Constitution Level 53]conlevel53.png

[spoiler=Defence Level 52]deflevel52.png

I gained another Dung level from that floor, and then another on Tuesday morning.

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Levels 35-36][spoiler=Level 35]dunglevel35.png

dunglevel35a.png

[spoiler=Level 36]dunglevel36.png

I'm still about 1000 Xp short of level 37 which sucks, because I was hoping to open up at least floor 20 before I had to reset. Oh well, I'll just have to reset and start back at floor 1, I guess. Having 18 prestige will be much better than the 2 I currently have. Although, I haven't completely ruled out spending the tokens to level up and unlocking floor 19, then doing a med and seeing how close to level 39 I am. I don't have any real use for the tokens yet, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable spending 2-3k of them on levels at this point.

I was also able to get in Tuesday night and do 'Gunnar's Ground'. I really like the new boots, even if we can't say the name of them on TIF. :wall:

[spoiler=n00b F2P quests ftw!]questgunnarsground1.png

Although, I think I might have learned a little more about Dororan than necessary...

questgunnarsground2.png

:blink:

Dororan was so impressed with my abilities, he asked me help him again...

[spoiler=I need to start charging him for this stuff.]questgunnarsground3.png

...which gave me yet another level, this time in Crafting.

[spoiler=Crafting Level 51]craftlevel51.png

craftlevel51a.png

I also went back and visited an old quest I discovered had some more rewards

[spoiler=Myths of the White Lands][spoiler=Explorer Jack profits from a joke]questmythsofthewhitelan.png

[spoiler=Explorer Jack found something interesting...]questmythsofthewhitelan.png

[spoiler=...and so did I.]questmythsofthewhitelan.png

I made 5k gp and 2k Crafting Xp for about 5 minutes work. Not bad for an old Holiday quest, eh? I'll have to come back when I reach 80 Woodcutting for the final reward.

Wow, I had a heck of a week. I'll try to make my next post a little shorter. :P

BTW, I'm up over 950 total now so 1000 total and 99 Mining is becoming a real possibility.

What boss did you die THREE TIMES on? Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter? :blink:

As a side note, don't buy exp from the rewards trader. Just, don't do it. It's not worth the loss of tokens.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Good guess Sonic, it was Har'Lakk. I had a heck of a time getting my spells to do damage, and every time he'd cast one of his portal spells I'd take huge amounts of damage before I could run and heal. Basically, he bent me over and had his way with me. :(

On a happier note, I got 54 RuneCrafting last night while watching Sister Wives with my girlfriend. It's an interesting show, but I don't know how anyone can juggle three wives and 12 kids. :???: Anyway, here's the RC pics:

rclevel54.png

rclevel54a.png

Yeah I made that guess, because on my first attempt with Har'Lakk, I didn't know what to do and I made a lousy 2 deaths. -.- Oh well, good times.

It's a good idea to have full prayer points before attempting Har'Lakk. Praying magic causes him to mostly use that grey sludge attack, and portals appear far less often. I've beaten Har'Lakk in a solo without losing a single LP before, so you can count on this method.

And grats on 54 rc! Manual group gatestone teleport ftw?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Congrats on the Runecrafting levels, I myself am working on getting 50 runecrafting (46 atm). Hahaha. Har'lakk did the same too me. I was 36 combat he was 84.. Died five times. :twisted: Add me to your friends list if you want, I am always up for a chat. ;)

http://Loving_Brah.png

• 7 months later...

Wow. It has been a loooooooooooooong time since I updated this. :oops:

Sorry I've been gone so long, but life has a nasty habit of getting in the way of RS (that seems to happen to me a lot).

Okay, down to business. Here's the last few holiday events:

[spoiler=Halloween 2010]hween2010.png

[spoiler=Christmas 2010]xmas2010k.png

[spoiler=Golden Joystick Award 2010]kaida23full.png

[spoiler=Easter 2011]easter2011.png

And the level ups since I posted last:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering][spoiler=Level 37]dunglevel37.png

dunglevel37a.png

[spoiler=Level 38]dunglevel38.png

[spoiler=Runecrafting Level 55]rclevel55.png

rclevel55a.png

[spoiler=Strength Level 54]strlevel54.png

[spoiler=Smithing Level 74]smithlevel74.png

[spoiler=Attack Level 52, Combat Level 66 and Total Level 960 all at once!]attlevel52.png

And my clan cape, which looks awesome with my outfit. It also looks a little like trimmed Mining cape (totally coincidental, I didn't design it).

clancape.png

tl;dr - I can now craft 6 Air runes at a time, smith Adamant swords, and hit combat level 66. :shades:

Oh, and I missed the 10th anniversary event so I got neither cake nor emote. :sad: :wall:

I'm loving the Dwarven Mine resource dungeon. If I keep banking the ores, by the time I get 99 Mining I'll have enough iron to get about half-way to 99 Smithing using the Artisan's Workshop. :grin: I had completely missed the update for the Workshop, and found it while going over Ilufyou's blog so I gave it a try and really like it. I'm glad Smithing got an update and now has an option to train similar to Woodcutting or Fishing (ie: click and wait). Now we just need one for F2P Mining and life will be good. Yes, I'm very jealous of the new Lava Flow Mine and it's awesome golden outfit. One of these days I might just have to bite the bullet and buy members so I can take advantage of all the awesome.

Okay, there's the last seven (!) months in a nutshell. Let's see if I can string together a few weeks at a time and at least make 98 Mining before I succumb to iron dust and wander off into the depths of the mines again. :lol:

OMG. A ghost from the past! :shock: I couldn't believe it when I read that you had gotten your account back. I'm so glad that you didn't lose all that hard work.

Speaking of which, I had been reading in Sonic's blog about the return of the boneyad and how it might be useful for training prayer in F2P...well it is! So much better than the Chaos Temple. There's lots of bones, even some big ones, and they regenerate pretty quickly. Got this with very little effort:

[spoiler=Prayer Level 46]praylevel46.png

I'll definitely be going back. :thumbup:

Have fun training prayer there :thumbup:

Personally won't be going back without leveling a bit more in other skills.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Not sure how much I'm going to train prayer right now, although it would be nice to get it up to 70; grave blessing is one of the few things available to free players I haven't unlocked yet. :-k

I sent in my application to the Editorial Panel last night. I figure that it's time to try and give something back to this wonderful community that I've gotten so much out of the last 2 years. Wish me luck. :-D

Not sure how much I'm going to train prayer right now, although it would be nice to get it up to 70; grave blessing is one of the few things available to free players I haven't unlocked yet. :-k

I sent in my application to the Editorial Panel last night. I figure that it's time to try and give something back to this wonderful community that I've gotten so much out of the last 2 years. Wish me luck. :-D

Good luck :thumbup:

I've never thought my crew application would get me into crew, but here I am. Hope you'll be able to get a position in the editorial panel!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

whites 2,4 atm, gl though

Yeah, I know. The gp price is over 5 times what it was before free trade came back. :wall:

Oh well. No sense in crying over spilled milk. I might still get one some day, just not anytime soon. :lol:

Yesterday was a very big day blog fans; levels in 4 different skills! :shades:

[spoiler=Runecrafting level 56]rc56v.png

rc56a.png

[spoiler=Cooking level 63]cook63.png

cook63a.png

[spoiler=Crafting level 52]craft52.png

craft52a.png

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 39]dung39.png

dung39a.png

I've got enough rune essence to get me to 60 RC, and enough raw shrimps left over from a merch that went bad (honestly, I simply forgot about it and they tanked when free trade came back :wall: ) to get me to 81 Cook so I'll be working on those every so often when I don't have the time for a DG floor or can't find a good mining spot.

Speaking of which, I've not forgotten about my beloved Mining; it's just slower to level and I'm enjoying working on other skills right now. Still, I am making slow but sure progress and I've got less than a million xp left until level 98.

So far I've unlocked two new Dungeoneering floors since I last reset, and I'll most likely unlock several more before I'm done (I'm only on floor 6 of 18). Not to mention a couple more Crafting levels, especially now that I've figured out that I can teleport out of the boss room and simply sell everything left over to the Trader for crafting supplies before leaving the floor.

...yes, I *just* figured this out. I may not be too quick on the uptake, but at least I'm fun to laugh at. ;-)

Today will be shamefully lacking in progress for a Holiday (it's Victoria Day here in Canada, where we celebrate the Queen's birthday by getting drunk and setting off fireworks :lol: ) as I have to complete some online training for work. Normally I wouldn't be worried about finishing it over a weekend, but I already billed for it to make up for two days last week I was home sick so I should probably do it before someone notices.

Thanks Foxthrottle. :)

And now, to business. Two updates in one day, you lucky people! :grin:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 40]dung40.png

Ever notice I always seem to get the same two titles every time? :-s

I got To'Kash the Bloodchiller two floors in a row, so I used more prayer getting through the floor than on the boss for two floors in a row (level 71 Ice Troll in the first accessible room :wall:). I also got about 8k crafting xp. :wink:

I also made some changes to the first post. Nothing big, just some extra quests/holiday event pictures and a couple of hide tags. Check it out if you want. It will probably get a complete revamp when (if? :lol: ) I get 99 Mining.

My internet connection has been kind of glitchy the past couple of days so I haven't been able to get much done.

However, I was able to finally get a Magical Blastbox as a drop from a Forgotten mage! :thumbsup: Goodbye basic death rune bind, hello ready-made offensive spells. Unfortunately, my RC isn't high enough to craft deaths, but even with my poor connection I was able to start and leave floors easily enough to get enough deaths and craft enough airs to fully charge it. I haven't really been using magic while DG'ing because I didn't want to waste the extra inventory slots, but now I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot more; especially on the Forgotten warriors. They're a real pain for me to take out with just melee.

Hopefully I can get my internet fixed so I can play for more than 5 minutes at a time without the connection dropping out. :wall:

Okay, I finally figured out that the problem was with my wireless router. A quick reset and securing later and I was back in business. :shades:

I got a couple of hours of mining in, so now I've only got 930k xp to go until 98! Only? It sounds so easy, doesn't it? :lol: The foreign language servers are great for mining, especially the German server, as there's rarely anyone there. Even on a world with only 47 people I still got around 27k/hr while depositing in the resource dungeon. The only problem is I don't speak or read German, so I completely blew the Mime random I got. :wall: I'm going to have to figure something out for the next time that happens.

This morning while mining I was talking with someone else about DG and he mentioned how he didn't know anyone with high enough Smithing to make a Fractite spear, so I offered to make him one. So off we went to Daemonhiem and ran through a C6 small so we could get him one. A couple of rooms and a few bangs with a hammer later, I had a happy fellow DG'er! :^_^: Realizing how close I was to leveling up, I did one more and voila!

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 41]dunglevel41.png

dunglevel41a.png

Another floor unlocked. :grin: