Emo

KnightofDoom

Man, you guys are pathetic. This is hilarious though, really.... not joking... this is one of the most entertaining things that I have ever read in my whole life.

I will be the FIRST ONE TO SAY (yes I am the first one, so go soak your fat heads you conformists) that I really dislike the Emotional Rock genre, and that I dislike the typical Emo kid.

Why do you find it nessacary to defend yourself and your 'people', when I see hundreds of you at my school every day? I know how the 'typical' emo kid is and I do not need an explanation so don't insult my intelligence.

I have heard babies crying in my church nursery, and I have heard Emo music. Please explain a difference to me and I will take you seriously. Matthis

:)

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you guys are pathetic. This is hilarious though, really.... not joking... this is one of the most entertaining things that I have ever read in my whole life.

I will be the FIRST ONE TO SAY (yes I am the first one, so go soak your fat heads you conformists) that I really dislike the Emotional Rock genre, and that I dislike the typical Emo kid.

Why do you find it nessacary to defend yourself and your 'people', when I see hundreds of you at my school every day? I know how the 'typical' emo kid is and I do not need an explanation so don't insult my intelligence.

I have heard babies crying in my church nursery, and I have heard Emo music. Please explain a difference to me and I will take you seriously. Matthis

:)

I'll back you up, the music needs to DIAF......some of the followers are bearable, if you get to know them. But I wouldn't go out of my way to get to know more of them.....

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

...(good stuff)...

This is a joke, right? I mean, yeah, if one had the time to scour the world's music, and painstakingly decipher every song, every genre would have at least one or two songs that pertain to this behavior. HOWEVER, not metal, nor rap, nor anything else can boast an ENTIRE genre based around suicide, depression, and whining, like emo does.

THE FACTS supercede all.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything. Maybe you could be the second. Their are plenty of "emos" on this forum who have posted why they listen to emo. From what they wrote, the reason they like those songs has nothing to do with suicide, depression, or whining. "The facts" are that emo is not an entire genre devoted to suicide, depression, or whining. Period, end of "the facts."

To define the entire genre based solely on your pre-conceived notions is a gross generalization. It's like saying all metal is about violence, darkness, and suicide. It's simply not true.

The first statement isn't relevant, I was replying to the earlier poster's lack of knowledge on the subject, to pull only parts of conversations to fit this twisted image you're trying to make of me is uncalled for. I won't resort to such dasterdly tactics, I have my pride.

So what you say in one argument isn't necessarily true in another argument? :?

Scene kids and emo are different :roll: :roll:

scene kids are like the poser brethren of the whole emo scene, I don't care for 'em

You don't care for scene kids, but emo kids are different. AKA, it's not the entire genre that's objectionable. So maybe, just like any other genre, you shouldn't hate the whole genre because one small sub-group of it is stupid posers?

I'm with Althalus. "Can we all get along?"

----------------------------------

EDIT: MyPurpleCrayon, Matthius has already explained the difference. He's already explained why he listens to emo.

[sarcasm]btw, I see all those Reel Big Fish kids at my school every day, and they're all the same. They think they're distinctive and cool and superior just because they wear tye-dye. They're all just arrogant weirdos who look exactly the same and whine about how no one understands how individual they are.[/sarcasm]

^That's you. That's what you sound like.

finalsig9wq.gif

...(good stuff)...

This is a joke, right? I mean, yeah, if one had the time to scour the world's music, and painstakingly decipher every song, every genre would have at least one or two songs that pertain to this behavior. HOWEVER, not metal, nor rap, nor anything else can boast an ENTIRE genre based around suicide, depression, and whining, like emo does.

THE FACTS supercede all.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything. Maybe you could be the second. Their are plenty of "emos" on this forum who have posted why they listen to emo. From what they wrote, the reason they like those songs has nothing to do with suicide, depression, or whining. "The facts" are that emo is not an entire genre devoted to suicide, depression, or whining. Period, end of "the facts."

To define the entire genre based solely on your pre-conceived notions is a gross generalization. It's like saying all metal is about violence, darkness, and suicide. It's simply not true.

The first statement isn't relevant, I was replying to the earlier poster's lack of knowledge on the subject, to pull only parts of conversations to fit this twisted image you're trying to make of me is uncalled for. I won't resort to such dasterdly tactics, I have my pride.

scene kids are like the poser brethren of the whole emo scene, I don't care for 'em

You don't care for scene kids, but emo kids are different. AKA, it's not the entire genre that's objectionable. So maybe, just like any other genre, you shouldn't hate the whole genre because one small sub-group of it is stupid posers?

EDIT: MyPurpleCrayon, Matthius has already explained the difference. He's already explained why he listens to emo.

[sarcasm]btw, I see all those Reel Big Fish kids at my school every day, and they're all the same. They think they're distinctive and cool and superior just because they wear tye-dye. They're all just arrogant weirdos who look exactly the same and whine about how no one understands how individual they are.[/sarcasm]

I'm so sick of having my posts divied up and parts used to draw meaningless comparisons. Scene kids ARE different, thats why they are called scene kids, and not emo.... :roll:

and ALL emo about is suicide, whining, and complaining, thats why its called.....EMO (emotional)

Wearing tyedye shirts and the messages being sent through this music genre are SO far apart its almost laughable that you tried to draw a conclusion like that. If this was just kids harmlessly enjoying their music, it wouldn't be such a big issue like it is now. And for the record, I'm not going to reply to posts that , as above, take tid-bits of different posts and piece them together into an unjust comparison.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'm glad to know that you are the first one to judge me! Not.

I have never owned a tye-dye shirt in my life, and I don't look like anything. I make fun of the kids that you just described. I'm friends with everyone in my school and I hate "non-conformist individualists".

But here let me pick apart you.

Oh wait, I can't because I only know what you type, and I have no right to judge you.

Way to be wrong!

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

*sigh*

I suggest you don't even bother.. he's one of those people who in their minds can't ever be wrong. Now back to the topic..

I personally have no problem with emo music myself. I don't listen to it personally, but I don't necessarily hate it either. Sure, at times the genre can have a negative message, but doesn't almost every genre? I know pooper brought up metal and rap earlier about how they don't sing about suicide. Well in my opinion, rap talks about raping women and doing drugs, its completely bad. Same with metal, all they talk about it hate, demonic worship, and sacrificial rituals. *note: I am only making a stupid generalization like everyone else has about emo

The only think I don't really like about emo are the kids who listen to it to be cool or trendy, but as I already noted, don't almost all genre's have/experience that (at least the one's who might possibly make you more acceptalbe to whomever you hang with)?

And while I don't exactly go along with some of emo's messages, some are thought provoking and not just the result of depression in some kid. *theature of the absurd*.

...(good stuff)...

THE FACTS supercede all.

I'm so sick of having my posts divied up and parts used to draw meaningless comparisons.

Okay, I'll quote in full then. I'm still going to break your posts apart and examine them point by point, though. If you object to that, I'm afraid you won't go very far as a proffessional arguer.

So here, broken up but preserved in full...

Scene kids ARE different, thats why they are called scene kids, and not emo.... :roll:

I apologize. I am not up-to-date on my stereotypical labels. My bad.

(I knew that part of your post was way too easy to discredit...I shoulda known I was making a mistake :lol: )

and ALL emo about is suicide, whining, and complaining, thats why its called.....EMO (emotional)

Did you even read Matthius' post? Does he seem like he's ALL about suicide, whining, and complaining? And how on earth does being emotional mean you're a whiner? That's a pretty big leap. Most music tends to be pretty emotional. That's why we listen to it. Just because emo is actually labelled 'emotional' doesn't mean all of a sudden emotion is a bad thing. :?

Wearing tyedye shirts and the messages being sent through this music genre are SO far apart its almost laughable that you tried to draw a conclusion like that.

You're right, the messages between emo and Reel Big Fish (I don't even know the genre, sorry) are completely different. However (and this goes for MyPurpleCrayon too), the comparison I am making is that you are being incredibly judgemental about a perfectly legit genre of music, just like Reel Big Fish haters trash an attitude that they simply don't appreciate. MyPurpleCrayon, of course you haven't worn a tyedyed shirt in your life. You don't fit the stereotype. Just like not all emos fit the stereotype.

I wasn't judging Reel Big Fish fans. I thought that would be clear when I put the sarcasm label around my words...

Here's the comparison I was actually making....

You like your music and the message that comes with it. Some people don't appreciate that message, and make judgemental generalizations, stereotyping you and assuming you are some weirdo idiot snob obsessed with your individuality. These judgemental people are what we call closed-minded and hateful people.

Emos like their music and the message that comes with it. You don't appreciate (meaning enjoy) that message, and you make generalizations, stereotyping and assuming that all emos are idiots obsessed with their emotions. You are what we call a closed-minded and hateful person.

Is the comparison clear now?

If this was just kids harmlessly enjoying their music, it wouldn't be such a big issue like it is now. And for the record, I'm not going to reply to posts that , as above, take tid-bits of different posts and piece them together into an unjust comparison.

Again, I point to Matthius' posts. He seems like he's just a kid "harmlessly enjoying his music." Therefore, it's not such a big issue. Emo is just another genre of music. The evidence is right in front of you, proving that emo is not all about suicide etc, all you have to do is read Matthius' post.

EDIT: Stevester, teach me to be concise like you :(

finalsig9wq.gif

...(good stuff)...

THE FACTS supercede all.

I'm so sick of having my posts divied up and parts used to draw meaningless comparisons.

Okay, I'll quote in full then. I'm still going to break your posts apart and examine them point by point, though. If you object to that, I'm afraid you won't go very far as a proffessional arguer.

So here, broken up but preserved in full...

Scene kids ARE different, thats why they are called scene kids, and not emo.... :roll:

I apologize. I am not up-to-date on my stereotypical labels. My bad.

(I knew that part of your post was way too easy to discredit...I shoulda known I was making a mistake :lol: )

Did you even read Matthius' post? Does he seem like he's ALL about suicide, whining, and complaining? And how on earth does being emotional mean you're a whiner? That's a pretty big leap. Most music tends to be pretty emotional. That's why we listen to it. Just because emo is actually labelled 'emotional' doesn't mean all of a sudden emotion is a bad thing. :?

Wearing tyedye shirts and the messages being sent through this music genre are SO far apart its almost laughable that you tried to draw a conclusion like that.

You're right, the messages between emo and Reel Big Fish (I don't even know the genre, sorry) are completely different. However (and this goes for MyPurpleCrayon too), the comparison I am making is that you are being incredibly judgemental about a perfectly legit genre of music, just like Reel Big Fish haters trash an attitude that they simply don't appreciate. MyPurpleCrayon, of course you haven't worn a tyedyed shirt in your life. You don't fit the stereotype. Just like not all emos fit the stereotype.

I wasn't judging Reel Big Fish fans. I thought that would be clear when I put the sarcasm label around my words...

Here's the comparison I was actually making....

You like your music and the message that comes with it. Some people don't appreciate that message, and make judgemental generalizations, stereotyping you and assuming you are some weirdo idiot snob obsessed with your individuality. These judgemental people are what we call closed-minded and hateful people.

Emos like their music and the message that comes with it. You don't appreciate (meaning enjoy) that message, and you make generalizations, stereotyping and assuming that all emos are idiots obsessed with their emotions. You are what we call a closed-minded and hateful person.

Is the comparison clear now?

If this was just kids harmlessly enjoying their music, it wouldn't be such a big issue like it is now. And for the record, I'm not going to reply to posts that , as above, take tid-bits of different posts and piece them together into an unjust comparison.

Again, I point to Matthius' posts. He seems like he's just a kid "harmlessly enjoying his music." Therefore, it's not such a big issue. Emo is just another genre of music. The evidence is right in front of you, proving that emo is not all about suicide etc, all you have to do is read Matthius' post.

EDIT: Stevester, teach me to be concise like you :(

You wasted a whole lot of breath, since you didn't present anything new to the situation, other than continuing the personal attacks. I suggest you get fully back on topic before trying to mount a counter offensive, because this is honestly, laughable.

I've made it clear in the last few posts that I can STAND the kids, as long as they don't bring upon me their suicidal and depressive tendancies. The music is deplorable on so many levels, regardless.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

If I am repeating myself (I don't think I am), it is because you have yet to specifically refute my core argument:

Matthius posts show clearly that not all emo kids are not about suicide, whining, etc.

Therefore, not all emo music is purely about suicide etc, either.

Therefore, to say that all emo music is stupid and worthy of hatred is wrong. We have specific examples of cases in which emo music is not suicidal but actually uplifting.

Therefore, you need to get over your stereotype and realize that although many emos may take their emotions too far, that is not what all (or maybe even most) emos are like. If you condemn the entire genre, you condemn personally reasonable people who happen to enjoy emo music.

What part of that logic is faulty?

finalsig9wq.gif

If I am repeating myself (I don't think I am), it is because you have yet to specifically refute my core argument:

Matthius posts show clearly that not all emo kids are not about suicide, whining, etc.

Therefore, not all emo music is purely about suicide etc, either.

Therefore, to say that all emo music is stupid and worthy of hatred is wrong. We have specific examples of cases in which emo music is not suicidal but actually uplifting.

Therefore, you need to get over your stereotype and realize that although many emos may take their emotions too far, that is not what all (or maybe even most) emos are like. If you condemn the entire genre, you condemn personally reasonable people who happen to enjoy emo music.

What part of that logic is faulty?

So you try to justify the whole genre by a select few that don't fit the majority? Pshf.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Are you guys honestly still flaming about this :P I almost thing this thread should be in the flames category. anyways...

Rizla

I have plenty of friends who listen to emo music more than any other genre, some of them even have the stereotypical emo haircut, but they're great fun to be with and i've never known any of them to be depressed about anything.

Rizla so far, is the only one who seems to understand. Just because you don't happen to likethe trends people are in doesn't mean you have to hate them. I don't see any rule book, or any guide saying "ZOMG!!!!?1?2@ U H4V3 TO H4T3 GOTHS CUZ U R PR3PZ!2" If your going to hate people, atleast have a good reason for it. Like if someone is annoying, you typically dont want to hang around that kid. Or if he is a jerk.. ect

I guess my simple point is, why you peeps gotta be sippin' on the haterade? Lets all chill, let everyone do what they want, because it honestly doesnt affect your life. Everyone has their own personal decisions, and thats their life. If someone wants to act depressed and cut themselves, that just means their losers. Their are plenty of cool emo kids, and I party all the time with cool kids. It just seems the people you notice happen to be the annoying ones. Just find the right Emo kid, and you will have a grand time. We know how to have fun :D[/b]

Thats just personal opinion. I don't think any of the bands I listen have any flaws, but to someone else who has a different taste in music might think differently. Some of the people here hate rap, and think it has many flaws, but to someone who likes rap, they don't think it has any at all.

I bet the music you listen to sounds just right to you.. Thats called personal preference, and whatever sounds good to you, is usually going to sound flawless.

Thats just personal opinion. I don't think any of the bands I listen have any flaws, but to someone else who has a different taste in music might think differently. Some of the people here hate rap, and think it has many flaws, but to someone who likes rap, they don't think it has any at all.

I bet the music you listen to sounds just right to you.. Thats called personal preference, and whatever sounds good to you, is usually going to sound flawless.

Well see that sounds good and all....but you failed to answer why emo is hated 10x more than RAP even, which used to reign supreme as the most hated music genre.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Lets use our head for a second hear. Lets compare how many people/music trends their are compared to the Emo trend.

country

rap

metal

Alternative

Christian

Trance

Orchestral

ect...

Lets think of the ratio here:

everyonewhohatesemo:Emo

23942903840824908203849823840284:4

Its hated 10x more because there are 10x more gangster, country and other people that hate emo.

Lets use our head for a second hear. Lets compare how many people/music trends their are compared to the Emo trend.

country

rap

metal

Alternative

Christian

Trance

Orchestral

ect...

Lets think of the ratio here:

everyonewhohatesemo:Emo

23942903840824908203849823840284:4

Its hated 10x more because there are 10x more gangster, country and other people that hate emo.

You're losing footing, that makes no sense

Its hated 10x more because there roughly a 10:1 ratio of people who hate emo to people who like it.....you basically just concurred with what we've been saying all along....

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I was trying to answer your population of emo haters question. Now the question of, why people hate emo in general. I cannot answer because people shouldn't. Its just stupid to hate people for what they look like.

Here you go again, its not jus what they look like....I actually like the goth-punk look a little bit. It goes way beyond that, you have to realize.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Then if it goes way beyond that you seem to have more of an understanding of why people hate emos... why ask the question in the first place, especially if you already have the answer?

People hate emos? Huh what, where? You're killing me. We already determined it was the genre we are talking about, not the kids. I can stand some of the kids, people hate the music becasue of the message it sends, bottom line. I've been saying this from the start.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Hmm Lets scroll back to page 3 then, with my first post on the subject. You obviously havent been reading my replys.

Okay... Emo defintily does not send any type of suicidal messages? If your going to say a statement like that I would love some lyrical proof pl0x.

Emo music doesn't send those type of messages, and never will. Emo music is named Emo because its emotional music. There are more emotions than just depression and sadness, and they sing about every emotion.

I would love for you to show me some proof on your statement, because so far thats a tall tale that people like to use. I don't doubt that sometime's emo songs do sing about sad or depressing topics, but it sure doesnt tell kids to go kill themselves over a song.

Hmm Lets scroll back to page 3 then, with my first post on the subject. You obviously havent been reading my replys.

Okay... Emo defintily does not send any type of suicidal messages? If your going to say a statement like that I would love some lyrical proof pl0x.

Emo music doesn't send those type of messages, and never will. Emo music is named Emo because its emotional music. There are more emotions than just depression and sadness, and they sing about every emotion.

I would love for you to show me some proof on your statement, because so far thats a tall tale that people like to use. I don't doubt that sometime's emo songs do sing about sad or depressing topics, but it sure doesnt tell kids to go kill themselves over a song.

What do I need to prove? Everyone agrees with me, and you know its true. You're fighting a losing battle here.....ok emo speaks about GOOD emotions.........5% of the time. Its almost ALWAYS about depressing and/or bad things, and you can't deny that.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....