Emo

KnightofDoom

Well, this thread isn't built on hate and meaningless flaming.

Another bleeding topic on emo. Maybe you should stop flaming, i'm sure you aint so feckin perfect yourself.

logo.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone hates emo? Good joke, the scene is growing fast.... Maybe if you actually listened to the music rather than just jumping on the hater bandwagon, you'd realise most of the singers have really good voices.. idiots... and on the subject of the musical layout... Listen to some screamo, and you'll prove yourself wrong

pooping you need to learn, shut up for now, go play rs or sumthing.

emo is NOT hated by everyone, it is actualy growing, emo's dont cry, its just they likemelodic music, these days people have a distorted view on emo that is totaly incorrect.

You need to learn how to properly speak english before even attempting to confront me. I'll admit, I had a distorted view on emo, until I listened to it, it was WORSE than I ever imagined.

and knightofdoom, resorting to name-calling is going to mak you look a hell of a lot worse than us, I know you're desperate to save this argument, but its not going to happen, not with me on a roll.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

"Tends to single people out..."

"To dull to understand things"

Heehee...if you met a clone of yourself, one of you would kill the other :lol:

Arguments against emo:

Lousy musicianship (3 chords, bad voices, etc.)

Encourages suicide / depression / bad behavior / whatever

Bad attitude.

^^Every single argument in that list can be applied to any genre of music, if you pick the right song.

I like Less Then Jake a lot, but I'm sure there are ska bands which whine a lot, play two different power chords, and encourage suicide. Goldfinger is sorta ska, and they have some pretty stupid songs. Half their albums are about getting dumped and crying about it.

I like (some of) Eminem a lot, but he's got an awful attitude and his musicianship is absolutely abysmal, just like most rap.

I like Metallica a lot, but some of the time they rely heavily on power chords and the hard metal attitude. I'm sure many people find that extremely pretentious. And most metal bands that are absolute posers. And we all hate posers.

I like REM, but "Try Not to Breathe" sounds a lot like suicide to me. And if you want to talk about being whiny...this is an excellent band.

As these examples show, any genre you pick can be hated for some reason or another. The only reason you hate emo more than the rest is because the attitude seems more obviously pretentious to you. But as stated earlier...

Yeah, emo is a bad influence and we should hate it. But then again, we should hate all these other genres because they are also a bad influence...[/sarcasm]

Yes we should actually. Maybe not the genre but the bands that send bad messages...

I couldn't have put it better myself, MyPurpleCrayon. There is no genre that deserves to be hated, they all have their ups and downs. Emo is no different. You seem to have just decided to hate it because you heard a song somewhere that was really whiny, and it turned you off the entire genre. I'm not saying go out and listen to each song to make sure you hate it, I'm just saying that there's no reason to hate the genre just because you don't like its particular attitude.

Btw, MyPurpleCrayon, since I am singling you out (although I don't want Poopingman to be left out), do you hate the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"?

I hope you're enjoying this argument as much as I am. Seriously, I'm not a very hateful person, so keep the replies coming. This is fun. :)

finalsig9wq.gif

"Tends to single people out..."

"To dull to understand things"

Heehee...if you met a clone of yourself, one of you would kill the other :lol:

Arguments against emo:

Lousy musicianship (3 chords, bad voices, etc.)

Encourages suicide / depression / bad behavior / whatever

Bad attitude.

^^Every single argument in that list can be applied to any genre of music, if you pick the right song.

I like Less Then Jake a lot, but I'm sure there are ska bands which whine a lot, play two different power chords, and encourage suicide. Goldfinger is sorta ska, and they have some pretty stupid songs. Half their albums are about getting dumped and crying about it.

I like (some of) Eminem a lot, but he's got an awful attitude and his musicianship is absolutely abysmal, just like most rap.

I like Metallica a lot, but some of the time they rely heavily on power chords and the hard metal attitude. I'm sure many people find that extremely pretentious. And most metal bands that are absolute posers. And we all hate posers.

I like REM, but "Try Not to Breathe" sounds a lot like suicide to me. And if you want to talk about being whiny...this is an excellent band.

As these examples show, any genre you pick can be hated for some reason or another. The only reason you hate emo more than the rest is because the attitude seems more obviously pretentious to you. But as stated earlier...

Yeah, emo is a bad influence and we should hate it. But then again, we should hate all these other genres because they are also a bad influence...[/sarcasm]

Yes we should actually. Maybe not the genre but the bands that send bad messages...

I couldn't have put it better myself, MyPurpleCrayon. There is no genre that deserves to be hated, they all have their ups and downs. Emo is no different. You seem to have just decided to hate it because you heard a song somewhere that was really whiny, and it turned you off the entire genre. I'm not saying go out and listen to each song to make sure you hate it, I'm just saying that there's no reason to hate the genre just because you don't like its particular attitude.

Btw, MyPurpleCrayon, since I am singling you out (although I don't want Poopingman to be left out), do you hate the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"?

I hope you're enjoying this argument as much as I am. Seriously, I'm not a very hateful person, so keep the replies coming. This is fun. :)

This is a joke, right? I mean, yeah, if one had the time to scour the world's music, and painstakingly decipher every song, every genre would have at least one or two songs that pertain to this behavior. HOWEVER, not metal, nor rap, nor anything else can boast an ENTIRE genre based around suicide, depression, and whining, like emo does.

THE FACTS supercede all.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Oh Man.... :: lights up a cigarette ::

Okay... Emo defintily does not send any type of suicidal messages? If your going to say a statement like that I would love some lyrical proof pl0x. The bands and or songs might send a more of a depressing subject, or it might sing about problems in general, but not once have I heard a message telling kids to cut themselves, or have suicidal tedencies.

The Emo kids who actually have suicidal intedencies and cut themselves obviously need help, because thats just an attention [bleep]. I never once have tried to cut myself or kill myself because of Emo music. I always picture Emo music as a variable to compare life to. They sing about a [cabbage]ty day, and you can compare thinking "man, im glad my day didn't go that bad.." etc

People like to depreciate trends no matter what trend your in. You could be a preppy person and all the emo kids/gothy kids are gonna make fun of you and vice versa. Your not going to get away from any type of trend discrimination no matter who you are or what you look like.

I honestly dont understand why people put so much work into making fun of, or even hating Emo kids. We never did anything to you, and You never did anything to us. So just leave each other alone. People have their own musical prefrences no need to make fun of it because you have a different preference than the the other guy.

I love Emo music, and Im proud to say it. I don't care who hates me, because honestly I don't care if you hate it or not. Its not going to change me, and its not going to affect me in my life at all.

Emofreak123, anything I missed?

I honestly dont understand why people put so much work into making fun of, or even hating Emo kids. We never did anything to you, and You never did anything to us.

Emofreak123, anything I missed?

contradiction? :o

cant stand emo altogether, its just goes on about pointless stuff not that id stand listening to it for more than a minute i just happen to catch it cos my sister likes some of the bands

I agree with chaosst0rm. Emos are jst f**kin t*ats that need killin. And their music is bad. And what is the point in wrintin sh*t songs and sittin in a corner slittin their wrist with a plastic spoon. And the offend ppl with pants half way down their [wagon] and legs. Like my mate did he got an emo arrsted for that.

Maybe my ppl should plot world domination against all emos

Nah... Im just saying.. like

we dont make fun of you if you dont make fun of us kinda thing. We honestly never start anything with anyone else. Or atleast I don't. I just think that the GOLDEN RULE should apply here too. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

I agree with chaosst0rm. Emos are jst f**kin t*ats that need killin. And their music is bad. And what is the point in wrintin sh*t songs and sittin in a corner slittin their wrist with a plastic spoon. And the offend ppl with pants half way down their wagon and legs. Like my mate did he got an emo arrsted for that.

Sounds to me the only reason you hate them is their music. Typical music discrimination. Why you got to hate dragonst0rm, I don't think the emo kids ever made fun of your music?

I do have one more thing to throw in. There are a group of people who like Emo and Screamo that noone likes. I don't think even some emo kids like these people.

Sxe = sucks

These people ruin everything for their entertainment, and I refuse to believe there is a cool sxe kid out there. Everytime I've had a good time at a party or some type of concert, the sxe ruin it with their destruction.[/b]

I ahve reson to hate emos that start fight with my mates for no resons invoild their selfs in other ppls business. and they always take the piss out of wat i listen to. So shut up and go slit ya wirst, cry about it and write a [cabbage] songs about and slit ya wrist some more and hopefull kill ya slef

Have a nice day

Which came first the Emo music or the Emo people? :roll:

Its interesting to think about. I listen to quite a bit of emo music. Some of it is good and some of it is just dire and awful. There are a huge number of "emo" people who purely listen to these bands to keep the emo image". Its crazy, theres this attitude about only listening to "underground" bands even if they are dreadful because only they can feel their pain in the music or some other lame reason lol

I despise the "emo attitude" of both the people who listen to it and the band members. Its a genre created by the record companies despite all the crap the band will say about growing up in a depressed world. Its a fact that there were no emo people before emo music. Yes there were depressed people, theres always been people who felt they were outcast in the world and grew up in hard times but as a general rule these emo listeners are NOT depressed people, they live in loving caring environments with plenty of friends.

Your hair style, clothing and the music you listen to does NOT define who you are so why do all the emo people look the same? Individually does not come from pretending to be drepressed and listening to My Chemical Valentine MTV Suicide

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Emo is becoming more and more mainstream (Even though I rather wish it would not)

Making all these people who believe they are hardcore and cool because they listen to underground music, mainstream and conformists, so maybe they should all go listen to underground french acordian music now. :lol:

Mercifull, you've got an excelent point. but thats not what Im about. My life has been music from the git-go. Always been fascinated by rock bands and good music. I like the music I listen to because it gives me a sensational adrenline rush type feeling when certain songs are played, and for emo songs, most of the songs that I listen to that are emo, set my emotions throughout the day.

Sometimes if I listen to The Academy Is... right before I go to school, I feel like I will have a good day just because they're lyrics are so meaningful and have a good sense to them.

I don't doubt the fact that there are some horrible emo bands out there. I guess there are just different type of Emo people out there. The people who do it for the looks, and the people who are just plain into the music.

Good anology is gangsters. Which came first... thugs or the rap music? Same trend different people, with the same problem. Some people do it for the looks, and some people do it for the music.

lol about Emo going mainstream. Its so true though they were playing MCR on Radio 1 a few months ago :P

Punk-Rock already went mainstream and look what happened!

mcfly.jpg

Emo is gonna be just the same, except with black hair and black tshirts ^_^ 7 year olds are gonna be singing the lyrics on the way to school and drawing pictures of the bands in art class. They'll eat out of their emo band lunchbox and go to class with their emo band pencil case.

Oh wait.. its already happened. ROFL. I picked a bad emo band at random Boy sets Fire. and went to their Merch page. Ok now im only a small person. The people that know me and have seen pics know im not a big guy but it still wear Large sized tshirts. I could get away with a Medium but I like stuff baggy. Also on their site they have a Small size, pretty standard i guess and im sure there are plenty of BSF fans who are a lot smaller than me. But WTH! The tshirt sizes go even smaller to not only one Youth size but to one even smaller than a youth lol. This is to fit 10 year olds! rofl. Its all a marketing thing, the record companies are laughing at all the emo kids and so am i :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

And Matthius, i agree with you about there being differnt kinds of "emo people" but lets be clear here. The ones that are annoying and sulk and cry and pretend to be depressed arnt the ones that are in it for the music.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Theres a reason everyone hates it, I've been saying all along :roll:

And noone thinks you're cool if you try to be different and listen to it.

You know, i dislike the emo trend as much as anyone, but you're just a complete idiot.

I have plenty of friends who listen to emo music more than any other genre, some of them even have the stereotypical emo haircut, but they're great fun to be with and i've never known any of them to be depressed about anything.

How you can say "everyone hates emo" is beyond me - unless of course you've personally surveyed the entire 6billion person population of the planet, then kindly shut your yap.

The thing that annoys me more than people who succumb to trends in order to be "cool", is people who will judge a person based solely on the clothes they wear, or the music they listen to. People might see that i have long hair, piercings, baggy jeans, i listen to metal, and think i'm some kind of loser who will never amount to anything - i'm perfectly fine with that, it's their loss as far as i'm concerned. They know nothing about me, and never will. I don't need friends who only like me for my taste in clothes or music, i have true friends that never question anything about who i am, because they know me and i know them.

If you carry on with this attitude for the rest of your life you're going to end up very sad, and very alone - and judging by the attitude you've displayed in this thread, i'd say that's no more than you deserve.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Theres a reason everyone hates it, I've been saying all along :roll:

And noone thinks you're cool if you try to be different and listen to it.

You know, i dislike the emo trend as much as anyone, but you're just a complete idiot.

I have plenty of friends who listen to emo music more than any other genre, some of them even have the stereotypical emo haircut, but they're great fun to be with and i've never known any of them to be depressed about anything.

How you can say "everyone hates emo" is beyond me - unless of course you've personally surveyed the entire 6billion person population of the planet, then kindly shut your yap.

The thing that annoys me more than people who succumb to trends in order to be "cool", is people who will judge a person based solely on the clothes they wear, or the music they listen to. People might see that i have long hair, piercings, baggy jeans, i listen to metal, and think i'm some kind of loser who will never amount to anything - i'm perfectly fine with that, it's their loss as far as i'm concerned. They know nothing about me, and never will. I don't need friends who only like me for my taste in clothes or music, i have true friends that never question anything about who i am, because they know me and i know them.

If you carry on with this attitude for the rest of your life you're going to end up very sad, and very alone - and judging by the attitude you've displayed in this thread, i'd say that's no more than you deserve.

Guess what? I know emo kids too, but in your name-calling rage you forgot that your little theory holds very little ground when, in fact, you don't know me. Their music taste is horrific, but unlike your prejudged opinion of how I live my life, I don't shun them because of it.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Guess what? I know emo kids too, but in your name-calling rage you forgot that your little theory holds very little ground when, in fact, you don't know me. Their music taste is horrific, but unlike your prejudged opinion of how I live my life, I don't shun them because of it.

*sigh*

have you ever interacted with an "emo" kid? For one to say this is something to "not worry about" it simply defies all logic. After all, there IS a reason everybody hates the genre and its followers......you know.

Scene kids need to DIAF

Contradict much?

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

*sigh*

have you ever interacted with an "emo" kid? For one to say this is something to "not worry about" it simply defies all logic. After all, there IS a reason everybody hates the genre and its followers......you know.

Scene kids need to DIAF

Contradict much?

Scene kids and emo are different :roll: :roll:

scene kids are like the poser brethren of the whole emo scene, I don't care for 'em. The first statement isn't relevant, I was replying to the earlier poster's lack of knowledge on the subject, to pull only parts of conversations to fit this twisted image you're trying to make of me is uncalled for. I won't resort to such dasterdly tactics, I have my pride.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I listen to emo occasionally, I wouldn't say it's my favorite genre, but nonetheless I still listen to some. But if you took one look at me you'd never think for a second that I like emo. I've hardly ever adopted the stereotypical look that comes with music (if I did I'd have to change every day). I listen to a variety of music from rock to the occasional rap (although its main use is for mockery). I don't understand why people need to hate other genres, I mean hasn't anyone ever heard of musical diversity? Are people here so narrow-minded that we can't see that everyones thoughts, beliefs, and likes differ and no matter how much bickering and arguing we can never really change them. We need to learn to stop battling each other and accept, and respect each others beliefe rather than bashing them. In other words...Can't we just get along?

Zaataar.png