• MST - Nov 25, 2012 - 02:00PM
  • NST - Nov 25, 2012 - 05:30PM
  • PST - Nov 25, 2012 - 01:00PM

[pending]bla_1353877200[/pending]

Event details

Friends chat: TMHT Mere

Host: @Hedgehog

World and location

World: Will be decided just before the event starts.

Location: We will meet in the second cave outside the Corporeal beast's lair.

The Boss

The monster we will be fighting is the Corporeal beast! This boss is considered to be extremely HIGH RISK; however, its rewards are extremely profitable!

Inventory & Equipment

As this is our first event after the evolution of combat, we are not entirely sure about what gear to use. We have created some general guidelines, though.

• Magic appears to be fairly effective, so Ahrim's or Akrisae's robes are worth using.
  • Make sure all of your gear belongs to one combat style. For example, don't wear some melee armor and the rest magic.
  • Use your highest level spell, but don't bring more runes than you're willing to risk
  • Use food that corresponds to your constitution level. Don't use rocktails if you're a low level; likewise, high levels shouldn't use trout.
  • We're not sure if damage from non-spear weapons is still halfed. Some beta testing has shown that it is not, but that may change.
  • In general, prepare for the worst, don't risk more than you're willing to lose, and hope for the best.

Regardless, we hope to have a fun event, and hopefully we'll get some nice drops too.

Requirements

- You MUST have completed the "Summers End" quest.

- It is HIGHLY recommended that you have a Medium-High combat level however it is not required.

The Corporeal beast is a extremely HIGH RISK monster. If you die there will be NO grave. It is possible to get back to your items however it is likely that random events/internet issues could make your trip back much longer. Keep one thing in mind: ONLY RISK WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE.

If you need any information about killing the corporeal beast you can refer to Tip.It's Corporeal beast guide.

Perfect time for me.

I'll be there - may be wearing non-degradable welfare mage gear until I get the hang of things. EOC is still a mystery to me - I didn't bother with BETA expect to get the Mad Scientist outfit (where is that btw !!).

Hopefully quite a few of us can make it.

Even more hopefull that someone will be able to give me an idiots guide to the suggested Abilities before the event starts !!

the_lad_1.png

I though random events were removed from the game. Also, I went to do some testing with my clan and zamorakian spear did seem to deal lots of more damage to the beast compared to godswords, mauls or rapiers. The beast's stab weakness has been removed, but it still seems like that it would still be the most effective melee weapon. But yes, magic seems to work rather well too.

Also, you should notice the fact that protection prayers/curses only offer 50% protection now, so the beast can hit you with it's melee attacks as well.

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

The Corporeal beast is a extremely HIGH RISK monster. If you die there will be NO grave. It is possible to get back to your items however it is likely that random events/internet issues could make your trip back much longer. Keep one thing in mind: ONLY RISK WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE.

I would like to remind you guys, THERE ARE NO LONGER RANDOM EVENTS! :thumbsup:

Noob days = Good times, but sadly no more...

Marimo.png

Quest Cape first obtained 1/13/2011
[spoiler=Total Barrow Pieces Looted:]

Ahrim's: Hood, Robetop x3, Robeskirt, Staff

Akrisae's: Hood

Karil's: Coif x3, Top x2, Skirt, Crossbow x2

Dharok's: Helm, Body, Platelegs x2

Guthan's: Helm, Skirt

Torag's: Platebody, Platelegs

Verac's: Helm x3, Body, Skirt, Flail

Double Barrow Item Chests: 1

"Make sure all of your gear belongs to one combat style. For example, don't wear some melee armor and the rest magic."

So no more ganodermic zammy spear hunt? That's a shame.

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

Regrettably, I won't be able to attend. Might not be the wisest thing since we don't exactly know what to expect after the update. I'll look forward to hearing about sigil drops though \:D/

icer.png
QZ1B8.jpg

proness

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

lol gg, any loots?

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!