Back to My Roots Quest Guide Corrections

Please post any corrections for the quest guide http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=180.

Thanks.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

he is a tip for the maze..

Simply climb and cut your way through the vines until you find a hole (Either a hole in the vines or a hole in the ground) and keep entering it until you emerge close to the west side of the river. Cut through the vines south twice and climb up and over the river, then go back across the river via the other path on the other side.

you forgot to mention you need a spade in the 'required' items' section, even though you mentioned it in the middle its best in the front

i wasnt very happy going through the end of the jungle vines and realizing i didnt bring a spade; but then again you can say i didnt read.. :^o

[EDIT]

The miniquest part is *not exactly* complete. After giving all 7 body parts to Rarve at the Wizards Guild, he will offer to teleport you to Sandy's Office, where you need to search the desk there for Sandy's diary. After which you can unlock and read the diary for evidence against Sandy. Only then can you return back to the Wizard's Guild for the reward.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

You should add in the mini quest section that you find Sandy's diary. When you fail to open it, you get hit for a big amount of damage, for me it was 37 (with 86 HP!). I don't know wether you can fail to open it more then once.

Furthermore, there is a typo in paragraph 13, where it says "Jane vine" instead of "Jade vine".

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

You get 1,500 farming xp for checking health of Jade Vine, and 2,500 xp slayer for fighting it after it is grown. Pruning the vine is not reccommended if you want to fight the vine for slayer xp. This is the part about 'tears' like mini game.

about unlocking the diary I got hit three times for failing, fairly big 43, 41 and 8 before finally unlocking it. I have 87 hitpoints and 68 thieving. Tried picklock but didnt help at all.

lankaprince.png

this Jade Vine, while lvl 167, isn't really good at fighting. In fact, it fights like a lvl 50 or something, it just has a lot of health and defense. It took me quite long to kill (with rune axe) but I hardly got any damage from it

I found it quite hard to find the place to dig, not because it was hard to get around but I because I had no idea where to go. Maybe it's a good idea to have a picture of where you actually have to go?

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

For the Jade Vine, the growing time is 2 days for check health, and 1 more day until it grows wild and slayable for 2,500 slayer experience.

Not true: the growing time varies. Mine was fully grown in about 20 hours and wild about 16 hours after that.

he is a tip for the maze..

Simply climb and cut your way through the vines until you find a hole (Either a hole in the vines or a hole in the ground) and keep entering it until you emerge close to the west side of the river. Cut through the vines south twice and climb up and over the river, then go back across the river via the other path on the other side.

You know there is a hole on the other side of the river too? This way you can't fall while crossing the first time ...

If it still isn't clear, watch the vid I made of it.

link:

The vid makes it pretty obivious what to do and this method is a lot easier and faster.

(In the vid, my messenger interupts 2 times for no reason #-o , just ignore it ...)

I dont want to sound like a pest... but I used a lot of time making the guide for this quest that I posted on the forums and I didnt get credit for it, whatever the reason I was just wondering what it was... if its just a mistake then "Cool!" because this if my favorite help site and it'd be awesome to see my name on it.

red_ripper00.png red_ripper00.png

Barrows Drops: DMed x2, Ah Hood x2, Ah Top, Ah Staff, V Brassy, V Helm x2, Dh Pl8, Dh Helm x2, Dh Axe x2, T Helm, T Pl8 x2, T Helm, Guth Helm x2, Guth Pl8, Guth Skirt, K Top, K Coif x2, K xbow

For the Jade Vine, the growing time is 2 days for check health, and 1 more day until it grows wild and slayable for 2,500 slayer experience.

Not true: the growing time varies. Mine was fully grown in about 20 hours and wild about 16 hours after that.

I doubt that growing time varies by that much, other farming things timing is *almost about* set in time. I agree with you on the 20 hours for growing, but turning it into wild takes only abour 4-5 hours for me.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

I doubt that growing time varies by that much, other farming things timing is *almost about* set in time. I agree with you on the 20 hours for growing, but turning it into wild takes only abour 4-5 hours for me.

Yeah so i was wrong :oops:

Still 20 hours seems a bit short, because mine never seems to grow within a day, so its closer to 25 i think

jogus99.png

Here are some corrections for the jade vine minigame guide.

• [*:28lehj75]The time it takes for the vine to grow from a seed to the "check health" state is under 15 hours. I usually kill and replant my vine at about 10:00-10:30 PM, and check its health when I get back from school as early as 1:30 PM the next day. Thus far it has always grown up in that time.

[*:28lehj75]The time it takes for the vine to enter the "wild" state is under seven hours. By the time I check it in the evening, it has always become wild, even if I checked its health as late as 3:30-4:00 PM earlier.

[*:28lehj75]The paragraph about the farmer payment should be made more clear in the regard that paying is optional; as is paying sounds almost mandatory, and it definitely is not. So far I have grown the vine daily since the quest was released, and I have never had the vine die even though I've never paid Horacio.

[*:28lehj75]It'd be a good idea to mention that if you don't want slayer xp but want to get the check health xp again, you can ask Horacio to remove the vine for you and give you another seed. After he does you can replant the vine and grow it as normal.

[*:28lehj75]Noting that you prune the vine by using the secateurs on it would be a good idea.

It says on the Quest guide for the jade vine minigame, it gives 2.5k slayer exp.

Correction:

In fact its actually 3k slayer exp.

Sorry, but that is simply incorrect. The amount it gives is in fact 2.5k slayer xp. If you want I even have a video of it that proves this is the case.

Off-Topic PS: If you're wondering about that "as early as" I mentioned, no, it does not mean I'm a truant :P . I just have a wierd school schedule - the class times are only the same two days of the week.

• 4 weeks later...

this isnt a correction BUT, it is very important.

I am used to starting quests with lower levels than required, and just using pots or items to boost my level. You cannot do that with Back To My Roots.

Please make a tip saying that so other people aren't confused

Thanks

--hell man 199

(\_/) Hell Man 199 was banned wrongfully

(o.O) <--This be Bunny... Bunny like cookies...

(>< ) Add this to your sig so bunny can take over

/_I_\ the world!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

*whispers* "I think he's evil..."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.