Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

archimage_a

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by archimage_a

  1. Indeed, I even left instructions with Dusty to accept a deal with Doom if she offered one.... So... Anyway standing with a bullseye on my forehead, a soft leather sandel as my shield and weapon, while a wounded Lion(Doom), a Tigar(Spain) and a Giant(Russia) circle me, is not my idea of a good position, especially not for extended period of time. If I can club the Lion into unconsciencousness then bolt for the gate before the other two attack (Or the more real threat of the Lion recovering enough to maul me before I can flee) then I am in a much better position, and have given the audiance a good show. Prussia regretfully informs the Netherlands that such a deal would not be possible until the current siege had ended, at which point Prussia will more than happily oblige. A crack team of negotiators are sent from Prussia to Versailles.
  2. In celebration of the Second Battle of Versaillies, an artistic rendering has been hung in the Prussian Military Academy: _________________________________________________________________________________ I had been happy to wait it out, then you started telling me I had to get out or I would be destroyed. And so WW1 starts over 100 years earlier...Germany forced into taking action it didn't want to take, because France refused to give a clear answer. Anyway, now that I am committed to this siege, with the Imperial Forces of France stationed with their pistol to my temple if I retreat, only Doom can prevent this from turning into bloodbath by coming to terms with Imperial France.
  3. If it were that simple then I would...but I am playing by honour, and if they leads to the destruction of my country then so be it....Prefer to die off now than sell out on roleplaying. Other enemies that are revolutionary include...Spain, Portugal and Russia...Denmark is the only other country to fight, but that poses no great victory of reasonableness over the revolutionary...nor does it provide the ability to get around a table and sign a peace deal with the rebels to preserve the stability of the country. So the actual point of such a war is non existant. Internal Evil such as what exactly? Prussia is, by its nature, the most stable country at the moment...inventing some phantom evil is gonna backfire...Might as well pyrically die defending Imperial France. So I am safe in the knowladge that, if Russia and Spain attack, I am reasonably prepared for a war that I can defend against until my motives are plain to see, at which point hopefully peace can be re-established and no one gets kicked out of the game. If you have indeed got Austria on your side, then I am safe in the knowladge that there is nothing I can do to defend myself, thus will get killed for standing while I had the chance to fight. Since an Austria-Russian alliance will mean that I can do very little from now on if one of them disapprove, and since I don't have a habit of tratiously asking people to betray people...Nor would I trust Edel...it would remain like that until the game ended, most probably. Thus, with me roleplaying, and everyone else having a total lack of willingness to give any ground, I am forced into a taking a low odds gamble or walking away from the table...and since I am only risking my seat at the table, I might as well take the gamble.
  4. Tis a very nice planet
  5. All except the top one I think.
  6. If Falador Tavern was a scene out of the muppets... Statler: Well, that was different. Waldorf: Yep. Lousy... Both: ...but different!
  7. Invasion via Russia is probably enough to cripple me. As I have said before, I am willing to leave if someone gives me a decent way out...Threatening me has no effect, since I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.
  8. As ever something that didn't need to happen, happened :rolleyes:
  9. Indeed, now you do. But back then you were on target for 80 million...And I was under the impression that it would be roughly historically accurately, so weakening France to a reasonable degree would balance as France being normal. So, with that in mind I set out to protect myself from the potential situation. Not saying it is not my fault, it very much is, hence why I am trying to find a way of getting out, while still saving face.
  10. Can't really do one without the other, unless Doom withdraws her revolutionaries. If that happened then I would withdraw within 5 years, since there is no point in remaining there...Then start an arguement with Imperial France over payment and so not go back when Doom invades.
  11. Your race is reasonable...and in this game reasonable is underpowered. However, underpowered don't have to worry about the one weakeness that will insta kill your empire...If you want to beef up your empire though.
  12. Nah, we just get on each other's ear...You have ambition, I have tradtion...It just won't work out. Aside from that, it is about balance. I know that Doom is now not a major threat to stability if she went crazy with power. Only major threat left is Russia but there is little I can do about that without risking creating a power vacuum, or making you even more powerful...so I have to wait to see how things turn out.
  13. Could be any number, currently 5 people have claimed planets though...How active is another matter :rolleyes:
  14. Well, that is the other reason I use them...writing on Hegemony is terribly depressive because you have the constant voice in your head of 'None of these people trust me, despite my record on betrayal being blank, and generally avoiding all confrontation, with an expressed interest in maintaining the status quo.' Partly my fault for being mysterious and cunning, but still... Anywho Mutual withdraw is a bad idea...Since you agree not to get involved, when you are not involved, is non sequiter. I don't think any of us want to engage militarily...I am here Status Quoing and responding the perceived threat of Doom rising as a power with more money than anyone else and threatening total war...and generally speaking if I can't defeat a potential enemy on my own or with the help of my close allies...I don't like to search for other allies, last Hegemony being an exception and a proof of why it is a bad idea =P
  15. At the end of sentences... Well, it comes from two changes I made over the last 5 years to my writing style...First was to use ellipsis to run my ideas together, second was to paragraph...So I end up running ideas in different paragraphs together =p
  16. Nice to see that Earthsage is involved in this game...Might as well just set up 6 puppet accounts and take over 6 other countries.... Anywho, Prussia will stand by its pledge... It will not leave Imperial France to fend for itself at a time such as this... I have accompished my objective in this game...to avoid a Napoleonic Battle where the Independance of Europe hangs in the balance and the game ends for the lulz, now all I need do is find a way of extricating myself from Imperial France without abandoning Imperial France, resulting in Prussia never changing at all... and without being forced to withdraw by Russia, resulting in revolution in Prussia. All your threats do is prolong the war...Because they preclude the chance of Doom actually negotiating a way of this war for me... My only two tactics are create an Impasse, get Doom to sign some sort of 5 year treaty, I ride that back to Prussia, distract my people elsewhere so that when Doom breaks said treaty it has no comeback on me. Or attack Doom, ride the victory back to Prussia, distract my people elsewhere so that when Doom resurges it has no comeback on me. However, If Russia wants to involve itself in a war with three other nations(four if you include Imperial France) then please continue to make threats and we can fight a war of pointlessness... Potentially leading to a game ending war of pointlessness as you bring in other allies and everyone tries to get enough land to produce a peace treaty. Something I don't want, and I am guessing no body else wants either.
  17. Sigh... Prussia pledges to continue to support the Imperial Government of France, and is willing to defend the Citizens of Imperial France from Revolutionary France.... But is willing to agree not to attack Revolutionary France unless Revolutionary France attacks Prussian Soil...as defined by the current map. Can we agree on that?
  18. Prussia beings a major crack down on revolutionary activity in Northern France. Additional troops are brought in to deal with this. Also more bread and such is sent in incase France has bankrupted itself again... Given the shattered French Imperial Morale, the Prussians should be able to bend them to allow martial trials to be held by Prussian Commanders, as well as French Judges. All those found guilty during these trials against revolutionaries are condemned as enemies of France. Enemies of France are shipped back to Prussia where they are imprisoned, away from those who would free them. French Judges and such can overrule Prussian Commanders, if required. Prussian Commanders are told that they must be just in these trials and face harsh punishments if they are found to have been overzealous. Prussia invites 5 French Revolutionaries to come to a neutral location in Switzerland, and negotiate, under the white flag of peace.
  19. WIP Correction: 2. don't pay any attention to the rampant idiocy, unless the moderator says it
  20. Nex, there was a thread to respond to and a website to fix, and there is still 3 PMs(including yours) to deal with as well, so trust me, I reply to my emails as soon as I physically can. :thumbsup: Fixed Hehe, came up with alot of randon ones that were cut down to something less obvious =P Its supposed to be like that Le Gasp! The shippy thing is a Matter Gate We can, or we can split it into 4 quadrants(so that it doesn't strech the screen so much) I was gonna go straight to 10*10 but then all the constellations are somewhat out of sync =P Very rare. They double Industrial output. Actually it could melt the nanites, since the nanites are made of a metal(presumably) and that metal has specific properties, like a melting point. Nanite bonds break (have a specific latent heat of) at 19,000,000 Joules per Kilogram. Most metals have a specific latent heat of 1,000,000 Joules per Kilogram, so most metals will melt, deforming the nanites, before the nanite bonds break. (Non science version: Nanites melt at the melting point of the metal they are made from OR vapourise when exposed to very high intensity lasers/energy beams...whichever comes first.) Crushings relate to the Young Modulus of the metal the nanite are made of. (Non science version: If the metal snaps under that level of force...then the nanite breaks.) Close-Quarters they are deadly. =) However one sided battles will happen. If people create their race with a glaring weakness and someone takes advantage of that weakeness...then that race is gonna lose every battle it fights. The game is designed to allow players to die and comeback elsewhere so I have no qualms about letting people destroy other people. That said...please kill responsibly.
  21. Happy Birthday Dusty's Dad Prussia gives 21 gun salute
  22. Probably, what do you mean? You start with 50 worth years of building ships. I don't know how much that is yet. You spend X time training an army, you buy their weapons and pay their wages/supplies...if you use them or not. Deployment costs are only for fuel for the ships you send
  23. 20,000...There are 10 developments. I got the idea from research into medievel sieges, where 500 defenders could often hold out against an army of thousands for years(If you land, take control of a portion of a city you don't retreat, but carry on fighting, depriving the defenders of their resources, while you are still supplied from your drop ships.) You bring artiliary (Orbital Bombardment) and breach the walls, blow up the weapon store (Garrison) and set fire to the houses...and the defenders can be brought down by a smaller army and fewer deaths on your side.
  24. Its not an arbitary limit. Developments are 100 pixals by 100 pixals, 1 pixal equals 10 meters, so 1 square kilometer. 4,000 troops in 1 square kilometer, plus houses, civilians and such, is about right. Arbitarily having 2 million troops in 1 square kilometer, plus houses, civilians and such, is unrealistic and has no tactical value....Making weapon research practically useless. Would depend how much power it could store more than anything.
  25. You can send a hundred million troops, you just can't land a hundred million troops. If the limit is set at a hundred million troops then people will have armies of a hundred million troops and 500 battles of a hundred million troops... Wars would cost masses, would take ages to plan, and battle reports would be terribly massive and hard to write/read. This way a single well placed sniper can turn the tide in battles, without being superhuman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.