Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

archimage_a

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by archimage_a

  1. I didn't know Grim had troops in Poland....
  2. Not really. The real point about colonies on Mars is that a colony would start small and expand...technology plays a very small part of it...The basic fact is 5 foot square cannot feed 500 people.... Anyway Switzerland isn't bound by UN resolutions, I will remind you.
  3. The Swiss Luna base is willing to serve as a staging area for anyone wishing to establish other Luna bases, no fee. It is hoped that the Moon, unlike Earth, will be an area where nations work together and, even if war is raging on the planet below, the nations present on the moon will not seek to destroy each other's bases.
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9w4KWEgJE
  5. Friendship and harmony is my only life line when my Grim invades and blows up my electric plant... :thumbdown:
  6. You raise your own armies from your own people, you don't need to 'buy them' Just arm them with weapons...which you can buy from Dusty at very competative rates.
  7. Retech, get lost, you have done what most people never do and really annoyed me so don't joke, don't even talk to me. You have sat smugly behind your GDP and your pathetic theory of perpetual growth while I have provided your countless examples of why it is impossible. But no, thats far too complicated, far easier to just post the same imbecilic theory over and over again and announce that it will work when the massive mistake of the last 4 years is staring you in the face. You annexed places with no real reason other than you wanted them, you throw terms around like Asian Tigers and assume that automatically gives you a monopoly on the world.... So Retech don't joke about my country, which operates on concrete facts of reality, that has actually been researched and could feasibly be applied to the real world. So Retech, just back off.
  8. Yeah, fine, whatever. Perpetual growth forever.... Switzerland ignores the rest of the world's slide into fantasy and remains realistic.
  9. I really can't be bothered...No one else seems to care that, in less than two months, Japan will have a surplus larger than its current GDP. The 1% rule is stupid, the GDP and continual growth system is stupid and we might as well just forget about realism and just approach this game with the stupid numbers from last time. Bah, fine Retech, if people don't care then have your 50 Billion a year profit margin.
  10. Ok then. So...by Retech's interpretation of Doom's system Japan controls 1/7th of the world economy...or 15%...Which next year will be 16%...and gradually 1% per year....
  11. Lol, research British Leyland...That is where Toyata-Honda is going. Clearly me having 90,000 Trillion a year is not game breaking...if it was 190,000 Trillion then it would be game breaking, so obviously I am not being sarcastic.
  12. Hostile takeover. I sell all of Honda Toyota's factories peicemeal and then use the profits, in the form of silver dollars, as ammunition to destroy Japan. (back in the real world again) My GDP doesn't exist, since it isn't important. So it really doesn't effect me in anyway.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_takeover#Hostile_takeovers
  13. Retech, I acknowladge my own problems and am dealing with them... In other news I am switching to the 1% system and have started trading with an unknown country, my GDP is 90,000 Trillion and I am buying Honda-Toyota. Then I am buying all the Gold on Earth, building a Solid Gold Mech and destroying Japan.
  14. Hehe, except Switzerland isn't trying to grow its economy...Nor is it focusing on trade relationships...So GDP pretty much goes out the window...So.... Oh and look at 1920s America...Represed, Isolationist Democracy...most economically progressive country in the world... Soviet Union 1930s...Repressed, Isolationist Regime...most economically progressive country in the world... Nazi Germany 1940s....Repressed, Isolationist Regime....most economically progressive country in the world... So.... Retech, you haven't provided any examples except 'I am investing here'...that isn't an example, it isn't even a concept, its just a vague idea. I have cited precendent...continually...of the 2009 and 1929 recessions. But if you want a specific example for your case then Enron Venture Capitalism...You are spending money you don't have, then not putting it on expenditure sheets, so you are spending it again, then you are taking the profits from the money you didn't have and spending that, with the profits of the other money you didn't spend and the profits from the interest you got by not spending any money, and then denying anyone access to your spreadsheets so no one can confirm or deny that you are in fact growing at all. After all I could say 'Switzerland has started highly profitable relations with an unknown country, GDP has increased to 50 trillion a year.' No one can disprove it because I haven't actually said anything. So post a spreadsheet and let me tear it apart...or accept that 2018 will be a bad year for you....and probably the years after that if you carry on.
  15. Not impossible, but we would have to start on a limited scale and work from there...rather than trying to terraform the entire planet all at once. If we could get a small eco system going, maybe in a vally or something, then we could slowly spread out over hundreds of years.
  16. How about we don't screw up mars in the first five minutes...We need to get there, do research and slowly experiment, not go off with some harebrained scheme...no matter how plausible it looks.
  17. It would stay basically the same, since all you are doing is giving them a new currency and taking away an old one...there has not been any fundamental change...People are not producing more or less.
  18. It would also third the value, since 3 times as many people are using it.... :rolleyes:
  19. Mather: http://forum.tip.it/topic/256692-the-hegemony-8th-feb-2016-part-2/page__view__findpost__p__4091825 It already includes all the silver and gold deposits in Scandinavia...including the predicted ones and the untapped ones... Finding more would be unlikely, probably 1-2 tonnes a year. Right lectures, toodle pip.
  20. I see where you have gone wrong now. You see 3%, 5% and 8% and take the average of 8%...when actually its 1% of 5 Trillion and 8% of 239 Billion(Singapore) That does not cancel out to 5% of 5 Trillion. Japan 4.35 Trillion 18% over 5 years Singapore 239 Billion 30% over 5 years Indonesia 909 Billion 50% over 5 years South Korea 1.34 Trillion 4.5% over 5 years Yeman 27 Billion 80% over 5 years Phillipines 318 Billion 30% over 5 years Now given that it is over 5 years the percentage would be lower than % / number of years, because of compound interest, and I haven't got the time or inclination to work that out. Thus: 5133000000000 + 310700000000 + 1363500000000 + 1400300000000 + 48600000000 + 413400000000 = 8669500000000 / 7183000000000(Start total) = 1.21 Thus the ecomomy expands by 21% over 5 years. 21/5=4.2% Now you are engaged in all kinds of growth schemes so actually the figure should be lower, since you are spending money which will take a few years to create a profit again....because 500 million outlay in a new factory which makes a 20 million a year profit will take time to pay itself off. We can go round and round in circles Retech, I know what I am talking about, I have given you examples, numerous examples, and you have said 'Nah, I don't exactly fit into that box so obvouisly none of it applies...' I am not going to find a 'Japan collapses while trying to grow Indonesia' news story, so I doubt that any example I give you will be adequate so if you carry on I will simply crash the market and remove your gold... Because you are acting like a banker 'Oh yes, constant growth' but what about... 'No constant growth' But 2007? 'Constant growth' So if you want to continue the argument then fine...just be aware that 2018 will start with soring Gold Prices and Japan losing about half its reserve.
  21. Doom, I agree, 5% is reasonable for 1 or 2 years...not indefinately, which seems to be what Retech is proposing... Just randomly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igEK78devfM&feature=related
  22. Japan has the third largest GDP... Its not really like the Republic of God-Knows-Where experiancing 100% GDP growth, ie increasing from a budget of 50,000 a year to 100,000 a year because they found oil or something... This is a 25 billion a year increase...That 25 Billion has to come from somewhere... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_future_GDP_(nominal)_estimates Japan should increase by 50% over the next 50 years(1% per year, not 5%)...Even the USA is only set for 2.9% increase per year...
  23. Third bullet point http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble Talking about new technology reaching saturation point and then explosively collapsing. Specifically Effectively by saying you are selling trillions of dollars a year you are saying 'I am selling this years, next years and the year after that's profits, this year.' Eventually people will stop buying goods because they have enough to last them the next 5 years....Thus you will have a 5 year slump where you sell virtually no goods at all...
  24. http://www.iptv.org/iowapathways/artifact_detail.cfm?aid=a_000757&oid=ob_000060 http://castellari.blogspot.com/2008/11/bail-or-not.html http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_mass_production_and_over_production_bring_about_stock_market_crash http://modern-us-history.suite101.com/article.cfm/causes_of_the_great_depression http://www.schoolhistory.co.uk/lessons/usa192941/crashcauses.html http://www.helium.com/items/230702-causes-of-the-wall-street-crash http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble http://www.marketmatador.com/2007/05/17/the-starbucks-effect-and-the-saturation-point/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_saturation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overproduction http://www.japanfocus.org/-Robert_Brenner__S_J_Jeong/3043 http://www.internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article289 I have, strangely, not read all of them, but I have skimmed them...They all indicate what I have been say is accurate and the first few specifically point out how the Great Depression was the result of Overproduction. Also, Retech, if you economy is based on people going into debt then common sense dictates that eventually they will not be able to pay you back...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.