The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)

The Dark Lord

test.png

Senior Moderator: Serephurus

Moderator: Archimage_a

Public Moderation has been abolished.

I gain final word in everything that the Moderator does and have the power of veto. However, Archimage_a will be the active moderator and is the person to go to.

This just in.

The United Nations, NATO, the EU, and every other major political organization has successfully drafted a treaty among its member states, forbidding all nuclear weapons. The treaty, known simply as the Treaty of Geneva, 2009, dictates military action against any nation that manufactures a nuclear weapon. The Anti-Nuclear Task Force will constantly inspect nations that are suspected of holding a nuclear arsenal. All currently existing nuclear arsenals are to be destroyed immediately.

[The broadcast fades out.]

Welcome to Hegemony, the remade and purified version of the last two Hegemony games. This game is a continuation of History from 2009 onwards. All nations within this game exist in real life. This game simulates a hypothetical situation in which you, the ruler, try to make the best of your country.

There are some simple ground rules, however:

-Switzerland is GOD

-Play realistically.

-The game progresses at 2 real time days to 1 year game time.

-All Nuclear Weapons research has been wiped out, as have all nuclear weapons. Attempts to conduction research MUST be announced, and attempts to build Nuclear Weapons MUST be announced.

-No one, except Sere, may Proxy Control another nation without first being given permission by Archimage A.

-Archimage A may only Proxy Control another nation when there is cause to do so, this must be substanciated in some way.

-You can make or join an alliance, but your alliances rules only apply for the members in your alliance. The UN counts as an Alliance.

-No extreme acts of war without retort. The country receiving the blow must retaliate.

-Military Invasions and Occupations do not give you instant access to a countries GDP or resources, and a country that has been occupied may revolt at any time.

-Your Troop count may not exceed 1% of your population during peacetime.

-Annexing other countries may be done in two ways.

-The first is by 'Greasing the Wheels' which means you have bribed everyone in a countries Government. This costs 10 Billion Dollars per Million people being annexed, and must be paid yearly, for 5 years before annexure, and for 50 years after annexure. Failure to pay this will start a 5 year 'Grace' period, after which the Annexed territory will declare independance.

-The second is by 'Cultural Intergration' which means you have slowly convinced people in the country that it would be a good idea. This will take 50 years to achieve, but costs nothing.

-Insta-Moving is not allowed.

-Research is your own and no one else's. After announcing a NEW form of research there is a 5 day veto on anyone else researching it. Anyone may begin an old form of research at any time.

-Faster than Light travel is impossible.

-Humans are the only accepted form of life in the Universe. Aliens may not be discovered, contacted or otherwise engaged with. Genetic and Cybernetic modification of Humanity must be Annnounced. This does not include Pills, Drugs or other boosters which will wear off given time.

-Nations are real and will push back from time to time. You may take action against your nation, but your nation may take action against you as well.

UN Rules-

-All Security Council members must donate 30% of their armed forces to the United Nations.

-No Nukes

-No ICBMs

-No Chemical Weapons

-No Space Weapons, without approval.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_General_Assembly_Resolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_Resolution

U3 Rules-

-No Annexure.

------------

[hide=Current Countries]

Price of Gold(US Dollars): 700.00

Price of Silver(US Dollars): 13

Ounces to the Tonne: 35,273.96

Federation- Sere

Gold Tonnes: 9,302.60

US Dollars: 229,697,678,207.20

Germany- Grim

Gold Tonnes: 3,407.60

US Dollars: 84,139,682,267.20

Switzerland- Archi

Repudiated Money

Russia- Ico

Gold Tonnes: 556.38

US Dollars: 13,738,008,105.36

Turkey- Rocco

Gold Tonnes: 116.10

US Dollars: 2,866,714,729.20

Scandinavia- Mather

Gold Tonnes: 153.30

US Dollars: 3,785,248,647.60

Brazil- Doom

Gold Tonnes: 4,063.00

US Dollars: 100,322,669,636.00

China- Paul

Gold Tonnes: 1,054.00

US Dollars: 26,025,127,688.00

Slavic Republic- Dusty

Gold Tonnes 2,881.83

US Dollars: 71,157,489,302.76

US Dollar Reserve: 43,000,000,000.00

Norwegian Krone: 5,000,000,000.00

Foreign Currency in US Dollars: 850,000,000.00

Total US Dollars: 120,007,489,302.76

[/hide]

[hide=Map]

ZdGWp.png

When editing the map, please use Arial Narrow font and save it as .PNG.

[/hide]

[hide=For those confused about the Game Year and Month]

Here's a little information about how the game progresses as far as time is concerned:

2 days are equivalent to 1 game year.

4 hours of real time are equivalent to 1 month in the game.

The game was created around 6 PM (-6 GMT/CST).

[/hide]

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are nations stronger or weaker based on how they are in 2009? If that's so, that really doesn't make it that fair.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

And I will reserve Japan, the most technologically advanced nation in the world. :P I will also invade South-east Asia, but not Mongolia. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Are nations stronger or weaker based on how they are in 2009? If that's so, that really doesn't make it that fair.

The world isn't fair. And yes, they are the same as they are in 2009.

SWAG

So who is the moderator? I think there's already a disagreement.

[cabbage], I was halfway through writing a first post for a new version of this. I think there should be some rule changes overall:

Firstly, no FTL, or Teleporting, or anything like that. And we stick with that. That means, more interesting game, because with FTL everyone has infinite resources and locations to build. Secondly, a rule should be no diplomatically taking over countries. That ends up being stupid.

Now finally, look at the first posts of the original hegemony, everyone who wasn't around then (see: everyone but me and RPG). No just invading countries, talk about what you're going to change with you country, and so on. Take some time to familiarize yourselves with your country, wikipedia it's army, navy, culture, resources, and so on.

No just saying I invade souteast asia, that's stupid. There are a good dozen or so possible countries there, so which ones are you invading? What with? What's your strategy?

What's your justification for going to war and increasing poverty in an already impoverished nation?

All this being said, I take Brazil.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I am coming in with a hooked sweep starting in thai-land and moving through vietnam and laos (I have a very very good knowledge of the countrires there) For mongolia I push in with a battery of tanks with air support and attempt to cut off aid from the capitol and destroy the Mongolian army (retech I am going to take indonesia but that is it)

EDIT: My justification for going to war is to prove the metal of the chinese state and to convert the capitolist pigs.

LNYvk.png

I was born in Thailand. Since I'm giving that to you, then I should get the islands. After all, you can expand westward. I need South-East Asia. My justification is that Japan doesn't have many natural resources, so it needs them from South-East Asia. Just like world war two. :)

I am invading all the island nations in South East Asia (except Australia, lolz) using crushing military force centered around a powerful navy and air force. Basically I bomb the islands into submission. First I give them the choice of a leader that I choose (puppet state ftw).

Thailand has a military regime which is a close ally of the United States against communism. They're the opposite of communism.

I am invading all the island nations in South East Asia (except Australia, lolz) using crushing military force centered around a powerful navy and air force. Basically I bomb the islands into submission. First I give them the choice of a leader that I choose (puppet state ftw).

Thailand has a military regime which is a close ally of the United States against communism. They're the opposite of communism.

Japan has no military, sorry. That was part of the treaty they signed after the US nuked them, iirc. They have a small token military, but that's it. They have a few hundred thousand self defense soldiers, which are basically glorified cops.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

And there are no nukes in this game? I'm sure that the Japanese population could remobilise pretty quickly. Besides, Japan always has that peacekeeping force that they use. They're just not supposed to declare war...until a new emporer rises and declares the need for a new Empire of the Rising Sun! Mwahahahahaha

--------

And Brazil has domestic instability, drug cartels, and a rampant guirella operation. Have fun dealing with that. :P I don't think we're being that literal.

And there are no nukes in this game? I'm sure that the Japanese population could remobilise pretty quickly. Besides, Japan always has that peacekeeping force that they use. They're just not supposed to declare war...until a new emporer rises and declares the need for a new Empire of the Rising Sun! Mwahahahahaha

--------

And Brazil has domestic instability, drug cartels, and a rampant guirella operation. Have fun dealing with that. :P I don't think we're being that literal.

Yeah we are being that literal. Once I make my first official post I'll deal with that. And guerillas? Not really. Don't know where you got that from. As I said, read the first few pages of the original Hegemony thread, that's what this should be like. Yeah, brazil has issues. That's why you don't see me invading every country in site, even though I'm already better equipped to do so than Japan.

And no, they couldn't mobilise quickly. The majority of those fit for military service are salarymen, with no experience in combat, or any physical exertion basically. Plus, there are almost no guns available for you.

Indonesia would crush you if they wanted to, as would malaysia.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The funny thing is that Japan indeed has a military. They're just not supposed to use it to settle international disputes by the constitution. But the constitution can always be changed...Brazil has social and economic instability. Much of the land is used for cheap beef and many industries are/were insolvent due to the various dictators who tried to create a booming industry. Also, wealth inequality is widespread and the majority of your citizens are poor.

Besides, Japan is allied to the United States, meaning it would have similar technology to that of European nations.

I was born in Thailand.

Finally, some info!

I'll take Scandinavia (including Svalbard), Finnland and Iceland, and Greenland too if I may.

That's one heck of a lot of wilderness.

At least I don't have to bring the avarage grades higher this time. :razz:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I don't see why you're bringing up my country, I'm fully aware of it's issues, far more than you I'm sure given that I'm from there. Japan's military is roughly half the size of indonesias, and it's pretty underdeveloped. Malaysias army is also decent. The United States would pull all support from you, as you broke the treaty, and your entire economy would collapse.

Brazil's issues have nothing to do with Japan. If I were invading nearby countries then they would be relevant, but it's completely unrelated in this argument.

And Mather, you just took five countries. Pick one.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Oh yes, all Japanese citizens (starting in 1989) have been trained in middle and high school in combat for three months. That doesn't seem like much, but it means the young population is already trained in basic warfare. The military (professional) numbers around 150,000 and is one of the technologically superior as well as efficient militaries in the world. So maybe instead of having to do all this research, we can take all these countries at face value.

Ok fine, let's say your army was ready for war. How do you expect to conquer nations with larger populations and armies? Look at Vietnam, the US invaded with an infinitely superior army, technologically, yet the US lost (arguably).

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The other nations have stronger armies, but I'm sure Japan could defeat them with their navy (due to their industrial might). I could also install puppet rulers. Besides, The US was not willing to kill everyone in Vietnam. If only they were a bit more aggressive and nuclear bombed Hanoi (I believe that is the capital of North Vietnam).

And because they weren't just massacring everyone, they had a smaller number of people to fight. Think of it this way, if there was an army coming at you that was sparing civilians, there would be a much smaller chance of you fighting them than an army coming at you that was killing everyone they saw. So, long story short, you're going up against a hundred million more people using your strategy. Good work.

Also, your navy isn't that great, you have a few dozen destroyers/frigates and some subs.

The point is, you're taking a demilitarized (essentially) nation, and then attacking countries with larger armies than you, and larger populations, and expecting to win.

EDIT: Also, I can't find anything about military training in Japan since '89

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I, Archarnis the First, do hereby pledge my alligence to the Swiss Confederacy. I promise to serve as the figurehead and guiding body at these times of trouble, and to respect the federal system which I have admired for so long.

I have been elected by the majority to act as a King, in the short term, due to the chaos developing in Malyasia right now.

My first action is to withdraw from the insidous United Nations Organisation, which has plagued our fair country since we joined not long ago. We will of course allow them to operate within our boarders, in accordance with our treatries, but we refuse to be represented by any body which might engender our neutrality.

My second action is to announce an increased national service proclaimation. We shall keep the same military staff and training, this will simply be to bring young and unemployed people to the community of which we are all a part off.

My third and final action this day is to declare that I shall not change any of the economic systems currently in place for at least five years, indeed supposing I will still be required in five years(I will...I will think of something).

Thank you.

PS. Large Hadron Collider involved in Partical Accelerator research. Watchmakers have been brought in, in an attempt to minaturise the Accelerators to weaponised size.

Higgs Boson is declared unlikely and the search for it is stopped, pending French disagreement.

Annexure of the LHC will also occur unless France objects. If it does then we will not raise the point again(for the forseeable future)

The Swiss Guard renews ties with the Vatican casting Christianity as the saviour of mankind.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

PS. Large Hadron Collider involved in Partical Accelerator research. Watchmakers have been brought in, in an attempt to minaturise the Accelerators to weaponised size.

Combination of a high quality watch and a Swiss army knife? :thumbsup:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And there are no nukes in this game?

Everything that has happened in History has happened in the game. The only difference is that the most powerful nations in the world came together and banned all nuclear arsenals. So, now they aren't in the game. Although Japan was still nuked during World War II. Japan has no military, due to the terms of their surrender. It will take you a while before you could have a military again.

---------------

@Mather:

Normally I would be okay with it, but you should start off with a country (say Norway) and then slowly try to annex all of Scandinavia. You won't start off with all of Scandinavia instantly, sorry. Speaking from a view of ignorance, I would say that it would take a decade for all Scandinavian countries to form some type of union.

Besides, Japan is allied to the United States, meaning it would have similar technology to that of European nations.

You can't always rely on that, though. The US has worked with the UK on some things, then the US did a complete 360 and claimed that it was too risky to give the technology to British soldiers because they may be captured by al-Qaida or whatever. If the US will do something like that to its closest ally, the UK, then the US will very likely do that to everyone else.

SWAG