The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)

The Dark Lord

I'm basically saying that Ukraine likes Russia infinitely more than France. So basically they would wait for the Russian reply, which is to stay out of the coalition.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no coalition...The Concert of Europe is an informal gathering....Please research it before telling me the Ukraine would not go into it.

Further Russia has joined the Concert, it just isn't playing a prominant role because it is already a super power. The Ukraine is not a super power and, probably, wants to impress Russia...so is trying to grow more powerful.

The entire argument is acedemic, since in 1 and a half hours it will be 2010 and everything can change.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Good point Good point! :thumbsup:

------

What did the South-East Asian countries and South Korea say about my proposal? I would think they would respond within a few days (in real life, a few minutes).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The President (a direct English descendant with Saxon roots, by the way) continues his rhetoric about a unification of the great English-speaking peoples. He is due to travel to London next week in order to speak with the Prime Minister and has been invited to attend a banquet with the Queen. He is also due to travel to Canada the week following his visit to London. This will also include a visit to Australia and New Zealand at later times.

Due to the NAP-majority of both the House and the Senate, the Education Act of 2009 has been passed. This is the first major victory of the New American Party, a step toward reformation of the entire American System.

The President has lauded France, a traditional ally of the United States, for its backbite against the US; however, he also admits that France has 'great reason to be angry' due to the past foreign policies of the United States.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I wouldn't know. I am no expert on that part of the world. =P

I would guess Singapore would probably refuse though(I know about them because they were Brits and then they came up on the Damn exam...so when I got home I read up on them.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

But you're the moderator...so what do I do?

----

Japan asks that the United States continues its alliance with Japan...and ignore the fact that it is tripling its military force and forming a confederacy with the other South-East Asian states.

Yes... However no one is using those countries at the moment...and I need responces out of them to protect me from the machinations of Grim. Thus going with the most likely outcomes...if people want to later take over said countries then they can.

Sides, the rest of the world still goes on outside of our countries....wouldn't be very fun if they all froze.

Retech, I have factored that in...Britian and Russia arn't really involved...France, Germany and the Ukraine would probably be interested, since they have all been pushing for the European Union quite strongly.

You're not a moderator for this game.

Oh, so it's like the old Hegemony? In which case talks are ongoing for the confederacy, since it's a pretty big deal and there would be a lot of changes, except for maybe Singapore, which would be more like a protectorate.

(Sere, what do you think?)

This is very much like the old Hegemony (V1).

I am trying to stay as close to the old Hegemony as possible.

Archi, I recommend that you read the first few pages of Hegemony V1 and then a little bit around page 50 or so. It'll give you an idea of the old Hegemony-style game play, before it became corrupted. I'm trying to get as much of a Hegemony feel as possible.

SWAG

That would really make China mad, lolz.

Japan begins research on superior artillery, making them cheaper and more mass producable. They will be used to defend the islands of Japan (they're fixed artillery, not mobile).

I dunno...they do have three times as many soldiers...which means you'd need a 200% modifer over them (so you have a 50% for defence anyways)

I didn't mean crush India...I meant crush Tibet. Tibet doesn't exactly...have much of a military.

In other news, ASEAN has been expanded to include South Korea. This gives them lower trade tariffs and moves them towards intergration.

Except that American children are too dependant on Chinese toys. :thumbsup:

-Raises hand-

I have a problem with Ukraine. Other than that, it makes perfect sense.

Japan has decided to build the largest warship the world has ever known as a symbol of strength.

Known as the Yamato-Sakurai, it is the spiritual legacy of the Yamato class battleship. Over 950 feet long and 150 feet wide, the ship boasts massive 20 inch guns which can fire over a three thousand pound shell over 30 miles. It will be equipped with eight inch close ranged batteries to blast enemies at close range. It also is designed with anti-submarine and anti-aircraft capabilities, though its main defences will be other support ships which protect against submarines.

It will be completed in five years, as it's simply connecting existing technology.

Japan replies that the battleship is symbolic and doesn't serve much of a combat purpose. Japan also begins the construction of an aircraft carrier.

Japan replies that the battleship is symbolic and doesn't serve much of a combat purpose. Japan also begins the construction of an aircraft carrier.

Just build a mecha or something.

SWAG

And why would it be sunk in the Bay of Bengal? I have no intention of even moving my ships there (except for shipping, but that's really not the point).