The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)

The Dark Lord

I checked the page on the military, it said total 3 Million, but after re-reading I notice the "active troop", my bad

Ok backstory

I came in as a new guy, not many knew me when I worked my way into the office, and I quickly worked my way up. Only a few years in, and barely skimming any news reports on me (So people don't really know me) I become leader of the Communist party and enter the spotlight, I announce a change is coming to Russia (Lol Obama). People began flocking to me, as change was something they wanted, I got voted into office and my immediate first action was to pledge a more homely view on things. I pledge to keep my military strong, but I feel communism might not be the way, so I start to release some of the strict rules of communism and allow people more freedom in the country. I promise a brighter future for people in Russia.

I also begin plans to open up a new clean relationship with every country

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope your total budget for spending is 20% of a 20% tax rate on your gdp. Also it would be very unwise to use more than 8% of your total population in the military.

In real life, the US has about an $11-12 trillion GDP. According to a site with a pie chart, total Federal Funds amounts to $2.6 trillion.

We could go from that, I guess.

-------

Do me a favor, though. Look up the costs of stuff such as guns, ammo, military training, military commission, the cost of an average ship (destroyer, patrol vessel, carrier, frigate, submarine, etc) and the cost of the average military aircraft.

There's a lot of stuff that we need the figures for.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/rewrite/budget/fy2007/tables.html

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm (This site could be a little biased, to be honest. It's a pacifist group.)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I know that the situation would probaly be much worse, but there is no moderator. So basically most people on Hegemony would have to agree that the European nations would intervene, which would be hard to do. That's why I'm saying that most people would already assume the European nations would condemn China, but no one would agree on what they would do.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Oh so only people can react really? And we kind of guess how others would react?

Ok, what do you guys think about starting anew with Russia, we are totally not communist now and we dont want to destroy everyone :D, how about it :)?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Japan offers a formal peace treaty to Russia, because they are still technically at war.

(Other nations can react, but people have to agree on it, which is pretty much impossible)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Icu it's your country you can run it as you see fit and also suffer the consequences of your actions. Germany is restructuring the Luftwaffe and is gaining some more key industries.

LNYvk.png

Oh so only people can react really? And we kind of guess how others would react?

Ok, what do you guys think about starting anew with Russia, we are totally not communist now and we dont want to destroy everyone :D, how about it :)?

We'll consider it. The President is currently in London right now, but we will send the Secretary of State to Russia immediately.

[broadcast]

Crowds are cheering as President Wright arrives in London. The nationalistic policies of the NAP has inspired British voters, especially the English.

Other groups are cheering and waving signs saying "Withdraw from the EU", "Anglo-Saxon PRIDE!", and "Long Live Our Heritage!" These groups also have people waving the English banner and the Union Jack.

Many Britons feel that the new US administration has Britain's best interest at its heart, as well as America's, and is the harbinger of reformations of the Special relationship.

[/broadcast]

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Apparantly. Also, I didn't know guns were that cheap. -Starts buying up all the guns on the world market-

Errrr, these? I was just saving them for a game of laser tag...Yep...laser tag.

-----

Japan begins working to reduce its national debt by enacting welfare reform. Tariffs are reduced to encourage trade, though taxes are increased on wealthier Japanese.

We sign with Japan, and welcome the American secretary of state and treat he/she well.

I use some of my funds to improve housing and schools and such for Russia, this should take a few years, maybe like 4? (I think a couple of hundred million should be enough)

We also begin a conscription program, and offer basic training to anyone of the right age (above 18)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

There was already a conscription plan Icu. :thumbsup:

-----------------------

Japan declares itself as the founding member of the Greater Asia Constitutional Republic. Talks are ongoing with the other South-East Asian countries mentioned before, to form a political union, at least in theory. The actual merger for full integration would probaly take a decade.

Also, to improve economy and add a surplus of cash, my conscription plan works well with this, I tone down the military to only 500 K active troops, as a million is a big, and we have reformed a few relationships so war should be non existent for a while

It's a REALLY big shaft.

That's good. The cost of your military was really dragging your economy down. Japan asks Russia to consider an alliance, if it pulls out of the Concert of Europe.

(rocco I doubt that said countries would react well to you spouting propaganda in their own countries)

The German government is creating mandatory civilian training for all people 18-45 (its a bit of training going in cycles before they return to normal life) while keeping a fully trained and staffed air-force and special forces sections of its armies.

LNYvk.png

Russia agrees with Japan, as Russia is mostly in Asia anyway!

We use the surplus of cash to help the increase of quality of life and education and jobs and reduce it to 3 years

I contact other countries such as Ukraine and former soviet countires, if they would like to form another alliance, I tell them they can keep independence, but they will also have to pull out of the European Union, hopefully this will increase our power massively, and being in an alliance with Japan who is now unionising Asia, damn we be strong

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Japan asks that India remain a cordial relationship towards them (the Japanese) and not spread anti-Japanese propaganda. Thankfully most of the countries that are being broadcasted to aren't even being targeted.

Japan begins spreading fliers in the countries broadcasted in by Radio Free Asia, which is more likely to affect the poor population. The focus remains on protecting them on military fronts and not on conforming them to Japanese ideals.

Germany begins pressuring the E.U. to send more funding to its poorer members (Icu very likely there is no way in hell that most of the former soviet bloc will join with russia and if you were to invade... you would be facing the E.U)

LNYvk.png

Japan tries to reach out for peaceful diplomatic ties with Germany.

Meanwhile, Japan continues political integration of Asia, within the framework of the existing ASEAN plus three, of which most of South-East Asia is a part of. China is given the choice for a stronger diplomatic tie instead of integration. Ties are already rather strong within ASEAN plus three, of which India is not a part of.

Well I didn't take European History, I didn't know how it ended, was worth a try ><

I guess Russia is big enough already

So can we get a updated map or something? (Please)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

But there are no strong political ties being made. Anything that happens in the real world happen in a bunch of steps that seem to mean a lot but do nothing. So that's what I'm doing. :)

-----

Japan removes all trade tariffs with South-Eastern Asian nations and raise the tariff on India to 20% for their anti-Japanese propaganda.

Russia tries to form with Kazakstan, as they are kinda close already, I remember reading they do a lot of trade together

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Japan begins attempting to route more economic activity towards Russia, such as timber imports. Japan doesn't care about India's pathetic embargo, since India doesn't really have much power anyway economically.

Japan reminds them that the people of South-East Asia can keep their existing cultures. The political union is purely for foreign policy and the military, as well as the economy. They also remind them of all the successful people in Japan, and how poorly India is doing meeting their citizens basic needs.

Hm, this looks interesting. I did enjoy the Hegemony until we got into space.

I don't think I should take Taiwan this time, since Japan and maybe China and India are establishing spheres of influence over there. Instead, I'll go with...

Equatorial Guinea.

[bleep] YEAH

1,320 person army, here we go!

My first deed will be trying to figure out how this tank thing works. Compulsory service established - all males are trained and put into the reserve forces. Education is also being improved.

And I may or may not relocate to Bahrain.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.