The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)

The Dark Lord

*teary eyes* I have missed the use of wikipedia so much... I am greatly expanding the german military and starting the creation of many ship-yards and then aircraft carriers. I am also altering the german constitution giving the chancellor (that's me) the right to declare war for offensive reasons.

EDIT: I am also increasing the production of eurofighters and other types of ships.

LNYvk.png

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan extends a hand of cooperation with the nations of Europe, provided that they look the other way when Japan is annexing all the countries in South-East Asia.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The JMSDF has an official strength of 46,000 personnel (currently around 45,800 personnel), operating 119 major warships, including 20 submarines, 53 destroyers and frigates, 29 mine warfare ships, 9 patrol craft and 9 amphibious ships (total displacement of approx. 432,000 tons)

-----------------

Two submarines are being laid down this half-year (this is actually planned in real life), and five more are being planned the next half year. The Japanese government also asks to purchase an aircraft carrier from the United States.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

@Retech:

With Japan's pro-Democratic rhetoric, the People's Republic of China has threatened military action against Japan because of its 'information imperialism'. The revolts are much like Tianamen Square and aren't very widespread. The revolts fail and over 50 people are immediately sentenced to execution by firing squad. Another 5 people are sentenced to death by lethal injection due to their province's execution policy.

Tension is mounting between Japan and the PRC. The PRC reminds Japan that it has virtually no military and has been alienating itself from the United States after breaching the terms of the Japanese surrender during World War II. The PRC has the world's largest standing army and reminds its neighbors that it could, at any time, 'wipe the Japanese imperialists from the face of the Earth'.

----

Also, Retech, the US Navy doesn't even have a fleet that big. I doubt that you have 119 warships.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The PRC is player controlled, why are you deciding that?

Grim switched to Germany. The PRC is now NPC-controlled.

EDIT: My bad.

Hey, Paul. Are you fine with what I just posted about the PRC and Japan? It seemed to be the most likely scenario, to be honest.

----------

Anyway, in response to China becoming more and more of a threat to Mongolian national security, it has turned to Russia for help.

Hello, this is the Russian Federation. We will go to war against anyone who tries to annex Mongolia or any of our former territory from the days of the USSR.

Russia has bolstered military presence in Mongolia.

SWAG

(paul I advise you to strike now while the iron is hot) The german state expresses it's sympathies for Mongolia and offers a place in the german state if it does not want to join china. On a side note I am producing tanks... lot's of tanks.

LNYvk.png

Sure, but I will give Japan a stern warning rather than threatening them with military actions...:ohnoes:

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

(Russia :thumbdown: )

China decides that attacking Mongolia is not worth it, and then prepares to annex Vietnam. They offer a peaceful annexation (lol), and if the Vietnamese refuse, they begin the invasion of Vietnam.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

News Break: Announcer: The german head of state is starting tax incentives for strategic industries to settle in Germany. On a related note the delegates from Germany have started pressure for a more unified E.U. in the face of russian intervention in Mongolia. *camera goes to German chancellor Karl Wagner " In the light of Russian interventionism the German people think it wise that the E.U. put on a more unified front and start attracting the eyes of major producing corporations. Furthermore it is unwise to simply stay on earth in such a day and age so the state of Germany is starting it's own space program. In addition, I am greatly disturbed by the thought of missiles destroying Europe's centers of culture and so Germany is setting up a missile shield that would protect the greater European area"

LNYvk.png

Ok, Brazil is now officially in.

I'll start like I did last time.

Firstly, taxes are immediately and hugely raised on all foreign logging/beef/whatever bad-for-brazil foreign companies operating here. This will at first give us a large monetary bonus, which will allow us to continue our projects. In a few years, I expect the companies will pull out. Also, until then, the amount of land they can cut down is restricted dramatically.

Anyways, once they pull out of the country, much of the land they once used will be turned into land for solar farms, funded in part by the huge influx of money from the raised taxes. This will help us become more independent of fossil fuels. We will also put money into researching hydrogen fuel cells, for more sustainable cars. We will also be implementing massive tourism campaigns, and using the money from that to clean up cities. We plan to start building projects, and start seeding new cities to help drain favelas.

Drugs will be legalized, however they are now regulated like alcohol and tobacco. Programs for helping addicts recover will also be put into place. This will get rid of much of the drug crime in our country, as with greater supply, and no need for smuggling, kingpins and drug lords will be forced out of business.

To whomever is controlling China, could I get the schematics for T99 tanks? I'll pay if you want.

We also start modernizing our air force, since most of the planes are rather old. Same for our navy, and we are working on building a second aircraft carrier, and starting a nuclear submarine program.

Project CAD begins.

Also, the Vietnamese technically have the largest army in the world. Even with your superior tech, there is no way they'll surrender, and they will fight to the last.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Also, if we're playing in this stupid way again, I start diplomatic relations with all of South America, as well as Panama, as to forming a South American Republic that will allow us to move forward as a united world superpower. Each country will be individual still, but like a more tight EU.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Doom, we're playing in a similar way, but countries will be NPC controlled so Dusty won't steamroll 3 empty nations in two days.

Eh to be honest that was pretty realistic. Look at World War II.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Doom do you remember who steam-rolled all of those countries in WW2? (hint it was the germans and the russians) though I want to do this the peaceful way. However it would very likely go alot faster if someone were to invade...

EDIT: Also does anyone know a mod in the off topic well enough to get them to allow us to either link to this thread or post a recruitment thread?

LNYvk.png

Keep in mind current events. For example, one of my first actions had to be pulling out of the Iraq/Afghanistan war.

Also, 2 days is equal to 1 year.

Also, you start with the technology that your nation currently has in real life, as well as the research that is currently going on.

When starting a new project that doesn't already exist (such as domestic/foreign policies, etc.) just state that you are starting it.

SWAG

Erm sere exactly why two days to one year? Would it not be better for the game to have one day per year (or else longer range projects will take forever) as that would keep the game moderately fast paced and probably more interesting to the average ot'er.

LNYvk.png

Erm sere exactly why two days to one year? Would it not be better for the game to have one day per year (or else longer range projects will take forever) as that would keep the game moderately fast paced and probably more interesting to the average ot'er.

Eh. I figured that 2 days = 1 year would be more relaxed and allow you to be more creative. Oh, and I was trying to keep it from getting past 2100 anytime soon, since by then you will have people yelling about wanting an alien race and all this [developmentally delayed]ed tech [cabbage].

SWAG

I think 1/1 would be easier for everyone, but it's up to you.

Oh, can I make a suggestion?

Whenever someone invades an NPCC, either you, me, or if he plays, Ross (unless archi wants to) moderates. Seeing as we're both in the Americas, where everyone else is in Eurasia, I think we can be somewhat unbiased.

I'm gone til friday, so what I said will continue until then.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

@Grim

Switerzland offically protests of the German troops entering its territory. Russia, Britian, France, Italy and significant portions of Germany see the war as wrong, as per the Congress of Vienna.

Britain, France and Italy tabel a motion to expel Germany from the EU.

Britian and Italy tabel motions to expel Germany from NATO.

Britian, Russia and France tabel motions to expel Germany from the UN.

Germany itself opposed the Chancellor and in a vote would probably carry 5/6ths.

Switzerland thanks its guarenteers and general mobilisation is declared incase Germany actually goes though with its threats.

(No one screws with me.)

@Mather

Since an air-cored solenoid is simply an inductor, the majority of the magnetic flux is not coupled into the projectile, instead being stored in the surrounding air. The energy that is stored in this field does not simply disappear from the magnetic circuit once the capacitor finishes discharging; much of it returns to the capacitor when the circuit's electric current is decreasing. As the coilgun circuit is inherently analogous to an LC oscillator, it does this in the reverse direction ('ringing'), which can seriously damage polarized capacitors (such as electrolytics).
Massive amounts of heat are created by the electricity flowing through the rails, as well as by the friction of the projectile leaving the device. The heat created by this friction itself can cause thermal expansion of the rails and projectile

Hence replacing the barrel and ammution is more efficent than rebuilding the gun after every shot to replace the capacitors...

There are numerous other problems with the coil gun which simply do no exist in the Railgun, instead all the problems are in the rails themselves, which can replaced, as stated.

Also railguns can develop rapid fire if so required, where as coil guns lack this capacity, due to the magnetic saturation.

@Sere

[hide]ye2EU.png[/hide]

Also I think moderation should take place by all countries...anyone with an interest in preserving a neutral country can use history to build an alliance to fight the power.

I will moderate like I did on Hegemony(in the beginning) Everyone currently has a 1 to 1 on soliders and 1 to 5 on Tanks. Defenders get a +50%. If you do any research then please discuss with me how much you think your modifier should increase by...Anyone who doesn't discuss with me will not have the modifer changed, regardless of what tech they have. Discussions with me must began at least 24 hours before you use your army offensively, though for defences I will accept a late discussion.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

That domestic unrest thing was if China was NPC controlled and there was a really stupid AI. :)

--------

Sere, it does have 117 major warships. It was copy and pasted directly from Wikipedia. The United States has about 284 warships, which are pretty much all larger than the Japanese ones. :P

--------

Plans continue to incorperate Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, South Korea, and the Papau New Guinea into the Japanese Constitutional Republic. Indonesia should be easily pressured to join, since they are democractic and their leader just died (poor gal). Singapore and South Korea are some of the Asian tigers and would benefit greatly from Japanese support, since all their religious freedom and economic system would be guarenteed, and they'd get protection from the Japanese military, incase the Chinese communists decide to invade South Korea again. Papau New Guinea, one of the poorest nations on Earth, is offered economic aid and support to become successful like the other Asian tigers.

--------

Oh yes, defences like bunkers and artillery are being built on the Japanese islands and on any islands that choose to join the Japanese Constitutional Republic.

---------

I think Ross or Archi would be capable of playing NPC controlled countries. I think they know how awesome Japan is. :P The Japanese brought you nice cars, sushi, culture, and the Wii. :thumbsup:

Indonesia would be less likely to be pressured BECAUSE they're a democracy. Think, if Obama died in the US, we wouldn't me more susceptible to joining over to another country. Singapore would never agree, given their history, and the fact their quite successful on their own. Malaysia, who knows. Papua new guinea is the only one that slightly makes sense.

Your argument for singapore and South Korea joining is like: "They're doing ok on their own, so they'd love to join us because we could make them a bit better."

That's like the US asking Canada to join, no way that would happen.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain