The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)

The Dark Lord

Ok, now I'm gone for a few days. Everything I said will continue. As well as money being invested in infrastructure, and funding independent research into industrial lasers, and so on. Roads will be improved as well.

All of the Amazon (minus a bit on the edges) is now a federal nature reserve, and anyone attempting to abuse that will face major punishment.

Also, construction of an emergency government hq in an unknown place has begun (think Cheyenne mountain, only hidden)

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indonesia is plagued with political instability after their very popular president died. Singapore has no defence against attack, which frankly in this world of evil dictators (think the hegemony), they would be glad to accept. South Korea is quite frankly scared as hell about China steamrolling them like they almost did when North and South Korea were fighting. Canada would never join, because they feel quite safe next to the United States in their all powerful continent. <_<

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well Singapore doesn't know that the world has suddenly taken a massive downturn so...

South Korea is protected by the UN and USA.

Ireland is plagued with political instability, doesn't mea they join Britian....

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Archi

A new leader just took over China. Germany is almoust out of Nato. Japan is doubling its armed forces. South Korea would be crushed if China attacked, since with your modifier idea a single of three million Chinese troops can take out one of America's troops. Ireland isn't that destabilised.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The emporer enacts the Monzo doctrine, asking Western nations not to interfere in the affairs of Asia.

Problem solved, I wonder how South Korea feels now. <_<

Look, it doesn't really matter because you won't prove your point because I doubt any of us knows any more than the fundermentals of a coil gun or rail gun....I am just going on the Military report, as quoted originally...Which was written by people who do know what they are talking about.

(think Cheyenne mountain, only hidden)

Doom is in control of the stargate!!!

/\

|LThat is a joke for the record.

Archi, electronics is something you should trust the public to know about too, there are several guides on how to make a possibly lethal coilgun, also the first was made by a civilian, a Norwegian civilian; this guy:

8Haldde-200kr.jpg

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

A new leader just took over China. Germany is almoust out of Nato. Japan is doubling its armed forces. South Korea would be crushed if China attacked, since with your modifier idea a single of three million Chinese troops can take out one of America's troops. Ireland isn't that destabilised.

1 And?

2 And?

3 And?

4 Your point is?

5 Everywhere is destablised at one time or another, they don't automatically join the country next to them.

Mather...the point is that there was a tendancy for me to recieve 'I built a coil gun that could shoot though Dusty's armour' and I am keen not to repeat that, so suggested a standard Rail Gun based on a concrete design, which could be dropped, kicked and stomped on, but still fire at the end of it.

A coilgun is a glorified electro magnet so in order for short researched stuff to be allowed you should require the "creator" to say exactly how the thing works since a armor piercing coilgun would be possible to create from a collection of needles, a very thin straw and two old computers.

Anyways I'm going to stay off sci-fi stuff until I can make it very sci-fi.

For example my armed forces shall use standard (although with a few updates) SG equipment except for the zats, that is;

P90

M16A1/A2

Spas 12

Thompson

Beretta

C4

Also:

Colt M1911 (already in use).

All modern Swedish RPGs (their systems rock).

Anyone going to be active here during Friday, no school then because there's prom on Thursday.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Doom, we're playing in a similar way, but countries will be NPC controlled so Dusty won't steamroll 3 empty nations in two days.

Two days = Two years in the last hegemony. Besides, it seems like everyone other than Doom seems to be conquering countries in 1 day (which is 6 months in this hegemony). So, moot point.

--

I choose Romania, begin working on peacefully creating a united Slavic federation of states.

Switerzland wishes to call a new Concert of Europe to restore Europe as more than a satalite to the USA

To this end it has chosen the 5 most powerful nations in Europe, Britian, Russia, Germany, France and the Ukraine.

Britain continues to see itself as having a special relationship with the USA, as well as being independant from mainland Europe, be re-agrees to guarentee The Low Countries and Switzerland's Independance.

France becomes enthralled at the idea of a new Concert of Europe as an epic two finger salute to the USA, it agrees to Guarentee The Low Countries, Switzerland and the Balkans, as per pre-1914 and pre-1939 treaties.

Germany - Grim?

Russia sees itself as already more powerful than Europe and so doesn't want to get tied into defending a contient. However it sees the Balkans as inside their area of influance and so guarentees their independance.

The Ukraine, thrilled at being considered a Great Power, eagerly follows France's lead and signs the New Entente Cordiale, forming the first Alliance since the end of World War Two which was military and didn't involve the USA(Don't quote me on that)

On top of this Italy and Spain look to join the Concert and become associate members, effectively filling the void that Britian and Russia have left...but overal weakening the effectiveness of the Concert.

Switzerland's, Bern, functions as the main meeting place, although it is an informal setting, mainly designed to resolve the squabbles of the African and European Nations.

However during the first meeting the Ukraine suggests something quiet extra-ordinary...and thus the Euro-Asian Tarrif is announced by France, Russia and the Ukraine(and Germany?), which denies any and all trade with the American super contient(North and South) except at the highly exortionate tarrif of 500%. Britain wholely refuses this notion.

Further incentives are given(Ie higher payouts) to African and European farmers and the creation of the European Trading Company, based in Switzerland. The ETC(The Et cetera as it is known in Britain for being extranous) is pretty much a throw back to Imperialism, focusing on getting goods out of Africa and small European Countries, backed up by the power of the Ukraine and France, and occationally Russia as well. Italy and Spain are not opposed to applying economic pressure either.

Switzerland itself cancels the general mobilisation, but keeps troops guarding the German boarder.

I'm basically saying that Singapore should know something is going terribly wrong with the world. Besides, somehow you've created a united Europe, which I'm pretty sure most of the nations were opposed to. (The biggest proponent was basically Germany, which is now ruled by an insane dictator)

Yes... However no one is using those countries at the moment...and I need responces out of them to protect me from the machinations of Grim. Thus going with the most likely outcomes...if people want to later take over said countries then they can.

Sides, the rest of the world still goes on outside of our countries....wouldn't be very fun if they all froze.

Retech, I have factored that in...Britian and Russia arn't really involved...France, Germany and the Ukraine would probably be interested, since they have all been pushing for the European Union quite strongly.

I think that the nations of Europe should act purely in their self interest: not forming an alliance until Grim actually says "Look out Europe, Germany is back!" Otherwise you're acting quite preemtively as an omnicient power, when they should be more like the countries that are ruled by current day leaders (since no one controls them).

---------

I might have a friend from school coming in as Russia. So you never know what's going to happen there. :thumbsup:

Yay more people.

Anyway European countries rarely stands on their own(Britian as the exception). The Concert of Europe as well as its predecessors existed for almost 1000 years before 1914.

So really I am just restoring what once was. Sides, it is in their self interest...The European Powers in the Concert had world wide influence in the days of yor....that is going to come back(Or at least that is what they think) Its not really about Germany at all... If it was merely that then I have the 1815 declaration by all the involved countries to ALWAYS respect Switzerland's independance, and fight to preserve it...I don't 'Need' to recreate it.

I know that's true, but normally leaders of countries don't have hive minds. -cough Archi- That means they should at least be more cautious before all volunteering to jump on board.

Caution to the wind, France is always willing to tell America where to stick it.

The Ukraine is an unknown...so currently I am treating them like France's puppy.

If you read the news, Ukraine is going to elect a pro-soviet government...so they'd be Russia's puppy.

------------

Japan offers South-East Asian countries the chance to join a republic, which is actually more like a loose coalition of states, which defend each other. They will also have a free trade zone, and will become more competitive in the global economy. I wonder what they think of that. (Singapore, South Korea, Papau New Guinea, Malaysia, Indonesia)

The News is for squares and hippies :rolleyes: (Don't mean it...mainly on account of me being in both of those groups)

Anyway Soviet and Russia are not linked in any way now...

Anywho, I will play the Ukraine as a power hungry state then, since Communism always wants to expand.

Sides France is the country that is best described as

"You have two cows. You riot and call a general strike because you want three."

Well, basically Ukraine is pro-Kremlin. The Pro-Western president of yore placed 5th place in the elections...So if not with Russia, then definitely an enemy of France.

That makes no sense...

France is the least Western of the Western bloc....Even some of the Eastern Bloc are considered more West than France...

In any case it would act in its self interest, as Stalin did in world war 2...by allying with the West to use their resources to survive and become more powerful