Bar Mitzvah

runescapeloser22

Hey, I had a Bar Mitzvah too. :)

The main thing is to just relax. Don't stress or anything. This is going to be one of the best events of your life, so just have fun. I'm sure you've practiced your Torah portion to death. You'll be fine. Just enjoy every moment of your Bar Mitzvah because it goes by so fast. Let us know how it ends up going. But for now, get off Tip it - I'm sure there are better things you can be doing in preparation.

According to Jewish law, when Jewish children reach the age of maturity (12 years for girls, 13 years for boys) they become responsible for their actions. At this point a boy is said to become Bar Mitzvah (Hebrew: ÃÆââ¬ââââ¬ÃÅÃÆââ¬âÃâè ÃÆââ¬âÃâ¦Ã¾ÃÆââ¬âÃâæÃÆââ¬ââââ¬Ã¢ÃÆââ¬ââââ¬Ã

It's when a Jew turns 13, becomes a man, and throws a super-big party. They also recite Torah passages, read them in both Hebrew and English, present a scroll, and do a lot of other ceremony; I went to my friend's and after a two-hour ceremony where I almost fell asleep but learned lots of Hebrew words, we went to a super-awesome big party. It ruled. :thumbsup:

sig2.jpg

Have fun! I've been to one, they're the greatest. I would've had one myself (It was my birth mother's wishes) , but I didn't have one for religious reasons (I would really appreciate leaving it at that, I would hate for this to turn into a flame war -.- ). I really hope ya enjoy it. ::'

Ah, I went to loads of those things when all my school year turned 13, they were all great fun.

Did you have trays of whiskey shots at yours? They were the best, honestly I don't know what I was thinking drinking that much at that time of the day.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I was supposed to be doing a Bar mitzvah.

Ive spoke to the rabbi, and now im into a big debate how im not doing it.

Hes a cool rabbi, so hes ok, but we're trying to find a way where i do it without doing something huge, or having to learn anything. It complicated :shock:

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)