Portrait - Joseph Stalin - WIP

Keiphus

Over the next few days I'm going to be working on a picture of Joseph Stalin. Hopefully this will show some of you that are interested the ways some of us painters go about doing things...

Here is the first sketch, and a reference was used.

stalin2.gif

The next updated should have some color splashed on and a few other things...?

That looks real nice, I dont know who the person is though, Also how much did that program cost to make it in?.

-Nak

You dont' know who Joseph Stalin is?...

That looks real nice, I dont know who the person is though, Also how much did that program cost to make it in?.

-Nak

Is it a russian Gernal leader of something?.

-Nak

Is it a russian Gernal leader of something?.

close enough lol :P

Joseph Stalin was the dictator from the Soviet-Union during World War II when west Europe allowd Germany to take over a certain country of which i forgot the name, Germany moved out further to Russia, exactly how West Europe planned, to put up Germany and the soviet Union against each other so they can come in as third might and take over all of it, but then a minister of the Soviet Union gone to Germany to set up an Alliance between Hitler and Stalin and that was the reason that World War II was a "succes" for Hitler.. and that sort of explains who Stalin is

Great stuff Keiphus as always its really cool only i dont like the red on his face i hope to see the end result

signature_1.gif

Joseph Stalin was the dictator from the Soviet-Union during World War II when west Europe allowd Germany to take over a certain country of which i forgot the name, Germany moved out further to Russia, exactly how West Europe planned, to put up Germany and the soviet Union against each other so they can come in as third might and take over all of it, but then a minister of the Soviet Union gone to Germany to set up an Alliance between Hitler and Stalin and that was the reason that World War II was a "succes" for Hitler.. and that sort of explains who Stalin is

Great stuff Keiphus as always its really cool only i dont like the red on his face i hope to see the end result

Thanks i just looked him up on google that picture is good, Nice work.

Rendered some hair... not quite done but this will be where I start from. Just alot of strokes with a 1px brush... and yes my wrist hurts. Probably the last update for today... as I said; my wrist hurts.

stalin4.gif

Total so far... I'd say about 1 hour?

stalin6.gif

That moustache is off. I'd say. The final result isn't looking that much like Stalin mostly due to the lower part of the face. (We at Finland know pretty well who that VERY evil man was...Sure showed him at fenno-russian war).

Please keep in mind it's a work in progress...

Col - What should I do with the 'stache? I think it's because I haven't done the lips yet and I haven't really shaded the stache, it's just flat hair. I don't know, when I finish more maybe you can tell me what I'm missing. I'm going to look up alot of Stalin pictures and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the comments.

its nice, but why him.

Why anyone? :P

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Guest Dreamlove
1/10, i could do better in my sleep :roll:

i wish, it rules actually, cant wait to see the end product

u wasted 20 seconds of my life making me read the small font

give me them back or ill call my lawyer :twisted: