First Pixel on MS Paint

InfamousDuck

I know its really small and the thing he is holding looks nothing like a skateboard but im pretty please as it is my first one and first attemp.

C/C Please.

Pixel-

pixelyb4.png

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

looks like you used the line tool a lot. try to stay away form that.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Alright, crits, here I come!

It's OK for your first, although the character is far too blocky because of the use of the line tool. Contrary to My Eggs, though, I believe many pixel makers suggest the line tool?

cleanlines2pf.png

^^^ Image courtesy of Terley's pixel tutorial.

So really, you can use lines (I personally don't, to be honest :oops:), but please don't make the character dead straight like that. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a body that stiff. :P

The head just looks a teensy bit too large for the body, but that's just me - I'm rather terrible with anatomy. It might just be the hair, though - Abyssalwhip has the right of it, the hair looks a bit like a wig. ;)

I'm afraid shading in general is practically nonexistant. There is very little contrast, and it seems like you've only used a grand total of two shades per colour - although that's not necessarily bad, if you do it correctly.

The problem with just two shades is that it's difficult to do much texturing, especially as the two shades are not that contrasted from each other. The grass, especially, looks rather like a patch of green cardboard with grass-bits cut out of the top.

Also, the shadow of the character being cast by the sun (which I assume is to the top right) doesn't fit the character - it seems off.

The skateboard is missing wheels? :P

The black lines I've always had a bit of an issue with, but it's a style thing - if you think the black lines go with what you're trying to achieve with a pixel, use them. If not, change them to darker shades of the colour beside it. :)

I suggest you go to the Gallery Announcement and read thorough some of the guides in section IV. User Tutorials. There are some great ones there. I've stressed this to many first-pixellers, read what's available. They'll help you a lot. :)

Good luck!

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Contrary to My Eggs, though, I believe many pixel makers suggest the line tool?

I think he means the tool that makes straight lines, it is called the Line Tool, you're thinking about the Pencil Tool. Unless you knew that the Line Tool was the tool that made straight lines, and you thought that was recommended. In that case: #-o

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion