Best smithing EXP + mining help

flamable20

Yeah well uh, smithing and mining aren't exactly my thing. My minings 40 and my smithing is... get ready... 27.

Bad huh?

Yeah well, i neeed to know what the best smithing exp would be at this point? Also, where should i mine and WHAT should i mine to get my mining a lil higher. maybe to 50-ish.

Thanks guys

Flamable 20

Iron si the best exp for mining, until about 50-60 when you can start "one-hitting" granite. And get smithing to 40 any way you can, and then gold with gaunts is the best smithing exp you can get.

Borschwicz.png

|Barrows Drops-7|Dragon Drops-5|

At this point i suggest you raise them together. Mine and bank iron, after smelting them with ring of forging if you're P2p, making them into iron knives. However if you're f2p, just make the highest lvl item you can and sell to the respective specialty shops

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Mining iron and then smelting the iron and then smithing the iron bars will be best for you now. Iron is very fast exp.

Yep, and if your p2p then you can use rings of forging and trade bars for ores on a 2:1 ratio.

You lose some exp from the iron bars but gain iron ores fast. You can also make a lot of profit from this too.

As for the mining you can either power mine iron, by far the fastest or mine and bank iron.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Smithing 27 ?

You haven't done Knight's Sword - you'd be higher than that with no actual smithing done at all.

So, prepare for the Blurite cave, and if survival is questionable, one-item it with your pickaxe. For 12,725 smithing XP, it's worth doing, and possible even with a pure or a level 3 (though you can expect to die a few times with a level 3).

Have you done Doric's Quest, that's a little extra mining if you haven't

heres what i would recommend...

mine iron until 60 (6758 iron ore from base 40 to base 60)

sell it roughly 80-100 ea (540k - ~676k)

buy iron bars 225 ea (2400 bars with 540k cash)

smith them and either alch/sell (60k xp)

OR

mine iron until 60 then mine coal in the guild to use all the iron (youll be 72 mining, ~43,353 exp from 73) and get some iron bars by either mining and smelting excess iron or just buy the bars to get 30 smithing...smelt the steel and sell it 600 ea (smelting 6758 steel bars = 118,265 exp = lvl 52 from lvl 30) which would bring in roughly 4,054,800 gp...then buy iron bars with that money (@ 225 each = 18021 iron bars = 450,525 exp, which would get you to lvl 67 smithing, 36,242 exp from lvl 68)

my suggestion tbh would be the second option...if you smelted and smithed the steel, youd get less exp for your money but it would be ~3x faster since its ~1/3 the bars...

Heres to show

15 steel (9k cash) = 825 exp smelted and smithed

9k cash = 40 iron bars (225 ea) = 1k smith exp

difference of 175 exp

now do that over the course of 6758 steel bars

6758 / 15 = 450.533333...

450.53333...* 175 = 78,843.33333 experience

so almost 79k exp difference...that would leave you around 6,307 exp from 66 smithing...so your choice in the end :D

* id calculate this using a price of 250 each for an iron bar...but i have an english assignment to do so you can do that yourself if you wish...and im pretty sure all my numbers are correct (if not pm me because i hate being wrong)...cheers :D

Iron%20Chef%20Dj.gif

Iron%20Chef%20Dj.gif

yayformepa1.png