First Pixel

INLINER

Well, I got inspired to do a pixel piece.. But I couldn't figure out what to do :o. Just went with a kind of Tundra-ish place.

firstpixelyf5.png

I didn't know what to do with the bottom of the mountains :wall:

sunshineef4.jpg

3,331st to 99 Fishing - 9-18-07 | 25,851st to 99 Cooking - 10-6-07

Well it is lacking a little in the shading department, you used the line tool way too much since mountains don't really look like that. You also may want to use colours that aren't the default ones chosen by paint. I am sure someone else will point out other things that I skipped over, but those are the basic problems.

By the way first pixels are rarely ever amazing, just keep trying.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I can't shade worth anything and the purple was a custom color along with the green.

I just made my Avatar, give that a look too.

sunshineef4.jpg

3,331st to 99 Fishing - 9-18-07 | 25,851st to 99 Cooking - 10-6-07

Don't post your first ever sig. To be quite honest with you, they are hardly ever decent. Remember, if you think it doesn't look good, it doesn't. For those of you who truely feel that you are hot stuff, ask for a second opinion such as family member, friend, or messenger buddy if you want a real opinion as to if it's any good. If they give good feedback, post away.

It seems like all you did was use line tool and then fill in with basic colors. Try to use shading and perspective to make it look more realistic. You cant realy accomplish thoes however using just the line tools. Try the pencil.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

never use the shapes when making a pixel except when you need a perfect circle such as a ball. All pixel work should be done with the 1 px tool, i find it efficient to select foreground as black a background as white then draw with the left mouse button and white it out with the right. Also go to Colors > edit colors.. whenever you need a color because the preset ones rarely match colors for anything in real life. You also need to start experimenting with some shading witch can greatly improve a pixel if done right. To do that just select a base color and get 1 or 2 shades lighter and darker with the custom colors feature. To store them you can either put them in your pallet or just paint a pixel or two on your picture and then use the eye dropper to select them witch i find to be the most efficient. Usually your pixel will always look better with a 1 px black border. Another thing you need to do is keep nature in mind. For example usually there will not be perfect oval ponds or a bunch of moutons clustered together with grassy fields surrounding them. What you has drawn isn't really a pixel drawing, it's just a drawling but it is a good start. You can find some pixel signature tutorials here in the faq.

Hey Inliner. :)

It's alright for a first pixel. As BloodAngel said, it's rather lacking in the shading side of things, but then again, many first pixels are. It's very bland at the moment, to be honest.

Your avatar has again, a lack of shading or detail, really.

The best thing you can do right now, at this early stage in your pixelling 'career' (if that's what anyone in the pixelling scene can call it, haha), is go and read yourself some tutorials and familiarise yourself with the basics of pixelling.

Check out The Gallery Announcement, Section IV. User Guides, for some awesome pixel tutorials. Granted, some of them are rather outdated, really, but you get the gist of it.

I can guarantee you that with effort, time and determination, you can churn out some seriously 1337 pixels.

Good luck!

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!