Putting The Question of AFK Training To Rest!

None2None

I don't know if it was a big deal outside of the threads that I was in a while back, but it seemed that people actually believed that AFK training was legal, and then when I tried to find the rule against AFK training, I couldn't, so even I, after that, believed that AFK training was legal, never really abused the rule, but I always figured I could get away with going upstairs, and making food while woodcutting or fletching, and worst comes to worst, I logged out.

Well, I was recently searching the manual again, and I came across the rule.

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

So no, it's not legal afterall and I just decided I should post it. It was hidden at the bottom of rule #7 all this time #-o .

If you knew this, no reason to flame, I'm not trying to hurt anyone by posting, just help :) .

All else fails and it turns out I'm the only one who didn't know about this rule until now, this can be made a discussion about that specific section of rule #7. :wink:

~N2N :)

Well, it is pretty dangerous...You could get a random while AFK and come back to find yourself in Lumbridge with your items gone.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Well, it is pretty dangerous...You could get a random while AFK and come back to find yourself in Lumbridge with your items gone.
Well, that's true, but as I said, I only did it while wcing or fletching, if I died while fletching, ah well, I loose about 8.4k, I'd live. WCing, I'd loose whatever willows I'd cut. Never happened, but that's what would have happened.

Course, now that I've read the rules in depth, that ain't gunna happen anymore :P ;)

Most people semi-AFK. Don't leave the keyboard but aren't looking at the game, only checking once in a while...like i'm doing know as i write this post :oops:
Yea, that's legal, you can stay at your computer, the article says "While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer." But nothing about having other windows opened ;)

Most people semi-AFK. Don't leave the keyboard but aren't looking at the game, only checking once in a while...like i'm doing know as i write this post :oops:
Yea, that's legal, you can stay at your computer, the article says "While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer." But nothing about having other windows opened ;)

Thank god for firefox! \'

Thank god for firefox! \'

internet explorer 7.0 ;-)

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

sure you have to be at the computer and the keyboard, but that doesn't mean that you have to give runescape your full attention!

Sometimes I eat snacks and sandwiches while reading books while playing runescape. As long as I have the sound effects on, I dont have to look at the screen, unless I'm mining, then I talk to people!

What if your training nicely and run to the kitchen real quick to grab a snack? Assuming your gone for about 10 seconds and come back to eat, have you broken any rules?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.