Runescape has an awesome community

lemontail

Runescape takes much more skill to play

Aye Cap'n! *Click* *Click* *Click* Runescape takes tolerance, and a good internet connection, it doesn't need reaction time, or anything like that.

And we have a lot more intelligent people in our game Love

So w00t Runescape. I've played many MMORPG's (Runescape, WoW, maple story) And Runescape has the finest community of them all, thanks to jagex! Applause

Would those happen to be the same people in this "Fine community" that think luring is a good thing?

P.S. (the WoW forums are just as stupid in every thread, they aren't being overly stupid just because they hate Runescape with a passion)

You must've missed the rant threatening to sue Jagex for his account getting hacked.

WoW cannot be compared to Runescape. Comparing an Installable game, to a browser game is like comparing an olive to a watermelon, you can't.

Yeah, this topic is a flame war waiting to happen. G'bye ladies and gents.

Just because it is a browser game doesn't mean it's not just as good/better. I play WoW sometimes (I play RS for a month then WoW, then back to RS, then). Both are wonderful games, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game is crap.

And yes I'll agree with you about the war =p..

But really WoW is better for end game content (as RS never really ends). The WoW PvPing anywhere is a wonderful feature and I enjoy it very much. The thing is, all the content in WoW is at least somehow linked to combat. WoW really is only killing. Many, many people are not happy with WoW, it's not as if everyone is just having a blast, there are just as many if not more whiners (called QQers, which means people who cry) in the WoW community.

(dang nabbid did I ever overuse the word WoW)

(even though it's not really a word it's 3 words)

(um I don't wanna look like a fool)

(hehe) :-s

~L :ohnoes:

RSN- Lemontail

Pure Ranger Name- X Kaprisen X

Lemontail.gif

Lemontail.gif

Click here for my 99 Mining and Cooking blog!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see RuneScape people defend their game. BUT seriously guys, you should not defend it because a game like WoW is being compared with RuneScape, but because YOU LOVE THE GAME.

I played Runescape almost since the beginning, and I stopped a bit after Runescape 2 came out, just because it was not the game I fell in love anymore. I still read news on RuneScape site, hell I even pay Jagex the 5 dollars every month just to show Jagex my support even though I never log in.

I am playing WoW now, which I honestly enjoy more than I did in the end of my RuneScape career. I was not the most social guy in RuneScape, I prefered to level up skills alone, and PvP with my closest friends, but I had fun doing this. When they changed wilderness in RS2 I lost all interest in it. I guess all games are evolving, some people love these changes, some people does not.

Whether you love to play RS or WoW or both of them, we all enjoy the same thing atleast... Video games. It is all about taste, and people will always have a diffrent taste regarding video games and everything else in life.

Regarding communities; there are [developmentally delayed]s everywhere whos only goal is to destroy a great community. There are people who beg, curse, whine, scams in Runescape AND World of Warcraft. I will not say that RS is worse than WoW nor the other way around, because I have seen really bad things in both games. I love the RS community, but it is not as fun for me anymore, as there are many of the discussions I can not participate in due to the reason that I'm not playing the game anymore, therefore you don't see me post often either.

Therefore I suggest you go play the game YOU love to play, and let other people play the games they want/love to play. A topic like this only fills your great coommunity with a lot of hate and anger, make people say stuff they don't mean in order to protect the thing they care about, just like people would stand up for their families, girlfriend/boyfriend etc. even when they are doing something wrong... it is a natural thing to do.

That is what you have to realise. World of Warcraft has flaws BUT so does Runescape, instead of finding these flaws in other games, pointing them out and making fun of them, you should rather look at all the good things in the game you like and discuss with your fellow players and have fun doing so.

You have a great community... don't ruin it for yourself.

Happy gaming!

Hmmm?

-----------------------------------

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

- 4th player to 99 Thieving

- Number 1 in magic from april 2003 to December 2004

- Quitted RSC Nomvember 2004 (played rs2 3 months though)

Who are you to say its childish? Some of us believe that we should be able to speak as we please, i think swears are alright and there is nothing wrong. If used in the right context they are fine, now sometimes yes they can be wrong. I don't believe any one man or group of people should be able to tell me what i can or cant say, in fact they cant tell me what to say. I am not the type of person to listen without asking questions, and i will argue till the day I'm 6 feet under. Theres nothing "childish" about swears if you dont go overboard, infact they spice up language a bit. They show strong emotion, whats wrong with that? I hear adults swear daily, its not a big deal. I also hear kids swearing, and the shows i watch have swears all the time, its no big deal. I believe in true freedom, not "your free when i want you to be, but if i say so you do what i want" freedom. Censorship should be for 12 and under, shows for adults should NOT be censored, anime should NOT be censored, THE INTERNET SHOULD NOT BE CENSORED! Now, I'm guessing that many people will flame / insult me for this, and im basing this off the fact that most people seem to think whats good for them is good for everybody. The best way to do things in my opinion, is give you the choice of censorship or not, it should not be mandatory.

Since you seemed to direct this straight at me..

Piece of advice for the future: your attitude sways people off from listening to your points. For example, you telling you will argue until you're 6 feet under shows you are absolutely not going to participate in an intelligent debate but mean more to argue until you drop, no matter what the other person says. Also, you are extremely hostile. If you do have a point, you don't have to start a flamewar to make yourself happy. You have the ability to argue, just try to do so in a more mature way and you'll head for the stars. That's a friendly advice.

Now to swearing. Ah yes, who am I to say so? I could ask you the same question. Who are you to decide that swearing is cool?

I swear too sometimes, though rarely ever in public, like forums and such.

My point is more about if you lose censors, people will lose sense of limits. It's not exactly hindering your freedom of speech if we have filters. Now, can you imagine what will happen if censor is removed? All the forums and game will be full of obsceneties. Yes, I understand it's not a problem to say "bloody bollocks" or whatever, but when you lose the limits for such a wide number of teenagers, the results will 1) be remarkably hideous; 2) show them that anything goes.

If one can't talk without swearing then that shows something about his/her intelligence. Censoring bad behavior is NOT equal to limiting your rights as a person.

I agree that in certain social circles, swearing is handled with mature intelligence and thus not overused or used to a point of being just purely obscene. RuneScape is NOT the place for it.

I know I probably wasted my breath with this since like you stated, you are going to argue no matter what. I have no interest in fighting, I just wish to make you think even a little about what and how you are saying. You don't have to fight to prove your point. Diplomacy goes a long way :wink:

sig.gif