Runescape has an awesome community

lemontail

Aah, i love how people talk about stuff they dont really know. I just spent a while reading most of this topic, and came to the conclusion 90% of you are going by what other people say. I played runescape for around 2-3 years, i have a level 94 with some decent stats, and I've owned a few rares. I also have a level 65 shadow priest, 18 lock, and a 24 druid (plus other low level alts) in wow. Now, i know both sides, and I've been on both sides of the argument. You CAN't fully compare either to eachother, but there is some parts you can.

First off, the communities. The starter of this topic seems to have found one of wows famous sarcastic dumb answer threads. That isnt even close to what people really act like in wow, and its a horrible example. I'm guessing you played alliance, as there is a high population of annoying 12 year olds that whine and complain all day on alliance. No, not all alliance are bad, ive met quite a few nice ones, infact i have irl friends that play alliance. Inside guilds, you find polite helpful people, that will spend HOURS of their time helping you to do something. In towns, you will find respectful people that do busyness, and yes the rare scammer that gets flamed so bad they switch servers because no one will talk to them. Now, in runescape a scammer can just keep scamming, and if you flame him.. well you get banned of course. The rs forums, dont get me started on them.. the posts are much more immature, and lack thought. But, some people on there do make good points, and as i've seen on tip.it runescape does have intelligent players. After playing years of runescape, i found a good percent of the community to be idiots. I don't feel bad for someone who gets scammed, lured, pass scammed or "hacked". Infact, i flame people for saying they were hacked because 9/10 times it was their stupidity, and the other 1/10 is a keylogger that they accidentally clicked, their fault but not always due to stupidity, more carelessness.

Basically in that huge paragraph, all im trying to say is you cant judge things from one angle. Ive seen rs's community for a long time, and wows for about half a year or more. The community in wow is much more mature and helpful, theres less scammers, but of course they are much older as many of wows members are 20+.

Another point i must make, is the companys running the game. I dont want to compare the games directly, everyone knows that a game in java is never going to be as good as wow when comparing graphics and controls and such. Blizzard is a good respectable company, they developed many top games such as starcraft, warcraft and diablo. They know what their doing, and they base their updates on quality not quantity, and their content on mature people that dont have the IQ of roadkill. Jagex would be good in my mind, if they could just get a clue. Updates once a week are crap, they wont be anything good unless they release extreamly horrid updates before then because of the lack of staff on the weekly updates. Quality not quantity, that applys in games too, and most people understand this. Jagex lets the kiddies get their way, and guess what? The game is for 13+, if you are over 13 and cant protect a password or keep from getting scammed, you shouldnt play.

Next up, the chat filters and other things on the community. Personally, i dont belive in ANY form of sensorship. What does that mean? I feel that if im watching tv, i shouldnt hear bleeps, if im listening to music i dont want bleeps, and if im reading content on the internet i dont want any bleeps! Some may think "oh he must be an immature kid that cant control his mouth!". Guess what? Just because i like swears doesnt mean i cant control myself. Swearing is part of my vocab, i say it in normal conversations with my friends, and they swear back. Not in a bad way, but its just normal. I can talk to my teachers and not swear, its not that hard. Now, back to the subject of wow vs rs, the chat filters.. RS has an annoying filter that bleeps just about everything. I cant stand when i log in to talk to a friend and all i see is "*******************". In wow, you can Turn the chat filter off. What does that do? Well, if you dont like swears, you see %#@%#^%, and if you do want to see them.. well i cant post swears on here so i wont. When someone annoys you, you use ignore. Its that simple. So all you people who like sensorship, you have it.

My last point, which is on the community and reporting. In runescape, everywhere i go i see "reported noob" or even just "reported". In wow, people get flamed for saying that. Now, your probably thinking "why would someone get flamed, their doing the right thing by getting him banned." WRONG. I dont know how many people have had their gaming experiences ruined by report happy noobs. Yeah, im using the "noob" word, because you really are. The only reson i can think that people in rs report but wow barely ever does is that rs lets report happy nubs become mods, where as wow doesnt care. My irl best friend had 3 of his accounts perm banned, one of them because people just loved to catch him at bad times and report him, one because of swearing and stuff like that, and one because someone got his pass and decided they would go around spamming they were selling the account.. yeah he had around 44 black marks on that last account hah. Anyway, in wow you use the report for serious things, such as a big glitch abuse (think of durial, that kind of thing would be reported by the wow community of course). Swearing is fine in wow, as long as you dont take it too far. Seriously, if rs is 13+, what 13 year old hasnt heard swears, atleast make the filter changable. Thats one reson i like wow better, as with most these resons.

if you made it this far in my rant / argument to this topic, i really have to congradulate you as i really didnt expect it. I bet most people will read the first sentence and be like z0mg nub! Oh well, in my opinion wow is better, not for the gameplay or graphics, but the community, the owners, and the rules.

quick list of rs's advantages vs wows advantages -

RS-

*able to be run on a really old piece of junk computer

*no disks

*free version

*cheap to play

*small veriety of items, so keeping track of what does which is easy

*afk training

WOW-

*graphics

*enough quests to get you 1-70, and have so many extra its not funny

*different classes / races to give veriety

*limited to 2 skills so not everyone has the same stuff

*instances where groups can team up and beat bosses and get good gear

*chat filter can be turned off

*good quality updates

*pvp battlegrounds, and world pvp

*2 different factions

*mounts for increased speed

*flying mounts for free flying wherever you want in outland

*3 different continents, with plenty of mobs to kill

*good emotes

*takes more then the click of a mouse to kill stuff

*requires a lot of though to do certain things

ok, im gonna stop here cuz i gotta go.. but ill edit the post if i have more to say. peace for now.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-

-

Finally, someone who knows what they're talking about when comparing WoW and Runescape. Took long enough for us to get one on this thread, or maybe even this forum for that matter.

Anyone, if you want to say Runescape is better than WoW, rebutt his post. Let's see how long you last.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I am under the impression that WOW has no skills like mining, thieving, and WOOD CUTTING. Do they?

And I guess I am just weird but, because I hate combat. I dont ever pk, I hardly play PvP mini games, and I only train combat so I dont get called a noob.

I think its funny that all the WOW vs. RS videos on youtube never say anything about skills like woodcutting, mining, etc. :D

Do people play runescape just for combat??!

Quite simply, its not needed in the video. Wow has skills too, infact if you would like to add runescape skills such as woodcutting and fletching, you would need to add wow skills such as skinning and leatherworking. Now, i dont know if your familiar with the wow skills, but there is so many different things you can make you cant even get it all from the trainer. Plus in wow, theres a trainer. You dont just magically know how to make a piece of armor, you have to learn it via trainer or book / pattern / formula ect.. Adding skills would actually sway the argument further into the wow side, and just help prove wow > rs. But, as said in my mini-essay before, you really cant compare the two because rs simply cant handle that much into the skill on java, though some could be better.

I think its funny that all the WOW vs. RS videos on youtube never say anything about skills like woodcutting, mining, etc. :D

On runescape videos assuming you watch them I think it's better to watch a DK vid rather someome WCing.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

On runescape videos assuming you watch them I think it's better to watch a DK vid rather someome WCing.

Sorry I edited my post. :oops:

And I read on wikipedia the skills and I didnt see wood cutting. Do they not have it? Or is it to small to mention? I think that the small thing of wood cutting would make the choice of which game is better really easy.

If WOW has wood cutting: WOW=RS (no comment)

If it doesn't: WOW

I play WoW - I have a level 36 Mage and a level 16 Rouge. In terms of graphics, animations, and music/SFX, WoW wins hands down - although I hate their damn music personally.

However, RuneScape wins in terms of community - which really says something. RS has way more scammers and macroers - WoW has way more 12-year-olds who can't spell for their lives, who flip out at the slightest thing, and who beg incessantly. Plus, using Add-Ons to harvest gold and experience is allowed.

In terms of content, RS is the true winner - quests in WoW are rather stupid - talk to this NPC for a reward. Kill twenty of these for a reward. Etc. Also, there's very little back history, or at least any that really plays a part in the game. In RS, the quests are incredibly well done, with a good storyline that ties right into the history.

Also, ease of use goes to RS - it has unlimited free playing. Access to the paying version is many times less than WoW. WoW currently takes up six gigs of space on my computer, and was $30 from the store - RS takes up all of 10k of temporary cache space, and doesn't need to be installed. RS allows transfers over servers - in WoW, this is only available a few times a month, and costs money.

I lean towards RS, in terms of my favourite game. However, WoW also kicks serious [wagon]. I love RS, but when I need to just @#$&ing pown up a server, I turn to WoW for all my sick needs. Let's keep the relation between RS and WoW civilized, eh? : )

I have to say this is a well written post, but some of which i dont agree with. Runescapes community isnt better then wow, and neither is the content in my opinion. True, many of the quest are boring talk to this guy quests, but some are pretty cool. While on the topic of comparing quests, all jagex is putting out is random stuff that doesnt follow any good story line either. Plus, you have to grind monsters over and over to level, where in wow you have the choice of questing to get to 70, or grinding. Which, btw, im doing questing this time.. grinding is a pain haha.

Now, for the community.. first off you have to consider that world of warcraft has 8 million or more players, which means that there is going to be a larger amount of whiny 12 year olds. Now, just because rs doesnt have as many, the percentage is higher in my opinion. First off, a large amount of f2p is whiny 12 year olds that complain and report for just about anything. Second, i dont know how many people i met ingame in rs that just couldnt spell, or even use grammar. Im picky about spelling, and i will diss someone for typing horribly. I dont care when someone misspells one or two words, but when the whole sentence lacks grammar and looks like a 2 year old said it, i get annoyed.. but of course most people do. Runescapes community loves to report for anything, no offense but i think that is horribly childish. Oh boo hoo someone said a swear, get over it. The only things that should be reported are macros and serious rule breaks.

As you said though, rs does have more scammers / macroers. The reason for this is that theres a large enough portion of the community in rs that is actually stupid enough to fall for a scam. No, not all people scammed are stupid, some were drunk /high when playing, thats the only excuse i accept for getting scammed and saying its not your fault, drug usage.

Did you notice that the WoW forums have no censors? And that people and spam and swear and flame all they want?

Thought so.. WoW community sucks. Anyone with an IQ above 10 could figure that out...

Wanna know why the wow forum has no sensors? Because blizzard believes that the wow community is old enough to not have every other word bleeped out. You cant judge the wow community by the fact that we feel we can use swears when we want, its our right to freedom of speech. If you dont wanna hear it, dont read it. Ingame you can turn your filter on, and it comes default on so you must manually turn it off, and if you do you will hear swears and theres nothing you can do unless it is racist.

I realize unlike in my other posts in this topic, i am leaning towards wow, this is because the posts im responding to are leaning towards rs, and i feel like arguing with some points.

The problem with your average gamer is they will take games by the graphics. I've played WoW and i must say there is so much more freedom in runescape, you feel more at home, the economy is much better and money is a bigger deal here (not great for some, but i like it).

Also pretty much all you do in WoW is fight. PVP isn't nearly as exciting as Runescape PK'ing. There's no risk or danger involved.

I think WoW players should only complain about Runescape after they've got to 80+ Combat with 1100+ Total level. Then they know something about the game, most of those idiots got to level 5 combat and thought nah the graphics are bad.

First off, im 94 cb in runescape and have played for years, so i meet your requirement to complain hehe.

I agree many people take games by the graphics, but hey a lot of people like flashy graphics, i know i do I design web layouts, sigs, avatars, and all that kinda stuff. How do you think there is more freedom in runescape? In wow you have mounts, instances, flying mounts, and you can be free to do what you want and not get reported. I spam in the /2 all the time, if that was rs i would have had a perm ban by now. The macros (not autos, macros which are legal in wow, they are code like /target /cast that kinda stuff) i have would have got me banned a long while ago, as they post innapropriate(according to jagex) stuff into my guild chat lol.

last off for this post, is the pvp. Why do runescapers think wow pvp isnt as good as the wild? The reson you dont loose your items is that it can take WEEKS to get ONE piece of armor. If you lost that by dieing, everyone would quit. Just look at it this way ok, you can sell all the items you equipt, we cant they are soulbound. In wow pvp, you can pvp all over the world, or in a battleground. You need to run to your body when you die or rez at a healer, or get a rez from a class that can do that. It involves thinking and strategy (for the non OP classes) to win, and also skill.

No risk or danger? Try training and getting ganked, or getting camped by a bored person of the other faction. Its different, but you can pvp all you want and you dont end up without all your hard earned items.

Thats all i gotta say for now, i seriously will feel bad for people reading my posts haha. Oh well, im too lazy to make them smaller, as id have to post more of them and wait for other people to post before i could again lol. :XD:

Your comparing the community as a whole because of the WoW site forums? If you look at RS official forums im sure you can deduce the same towards runescape.

and by posting this you are being no better than the guys in those threads :roll:

Did you notice that the WoW forums have no censors? And that people and spam and swear and flame all they want? :notalk:

Thought so.. WoW community sucks. Anyone with an IQ above 10 could figure that out... :evil:

lol if you actually played the game, you would know that there IS a chat filter. If you feel you can let go of your mommy's hand and deal with swearing without crying over how offensive it is, you can turn the filter off and see people swearing.

Blizzard has a higher standard for its players than RS does, its desgined for older ages, not just little kids like RS is so prone to now a days.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

After reading all three pages, I only see runescape players making fools of themselves. However I believe I could not expect more from a community of players under the age of 15 (for the large majority). I have played runescape since it was released, I have played WoW, since it was released. Comparing these games is just stupid, mmorpg's as they may be, they are completely different.

Don't even try to act like there is an intelligent community behind runescape. Suffice to say, the *underground* runescape sites such as autoers and account sellers are more mature than 80% of the actual runescape population. Yeah, I said it, you know it's true too. The community on World of Warcraft is also immature and unhelpful but that game applies much more to an age group of 16+ and I will say hands down that their community dominates runescapes.

After reading this I'm sure you think I'm a WoW player or something. If you do, thanks for proving my point of immaturity and ignorance. I no longer play WoW and only very occasionally play Runescape. I spend my time flaming people who have very little intelligence, that's you guys tonight. Actually I stick to counter strike and progressing esports but that is not important.

In conclusion:

WoW: Immature

Runescape: WAY more immature

Everquest 2: WAY more mature than both

Counter Strike (1.6 or source, it doesn't matter): more mature than runescape and WoW

GET OVER YOURSELVES!

Okay well so far..

WoW is cooler than RS.

RS is cooler than WoW.

Swearing bad.

Swearing good.

O how I rock.

O how you suck.

Guys, it's a GAME. Just a game. Both different, no point in arguing which is better since everyone has their personal view on that anyway. You'll just make a fool out of yourself, no matter how good your diplomatic skills are.

As for that glorification of swearing.. I won't even go there. That's just a childish point of view.

I suggest we all move along now, leave people be with their love for one or the other game, there's no point in us fighting bloody battles over something so ridiculous.

So. Here. Have a cookie.

sig.gif

Well you say that they hate rs and say that w0w is a mil times better.

Well isn't that what we're doing here?Denying them and supporting our cause.

I can't say if w0w has an immature community just because of 3 threads.And IMO they weren't all that immature,just a few maybe.

But because alot more people play w0w than rs and EVEn rs players drop rs for w0w then i have to say w0w is the better game just because of this reason.

Sure,for me it isn't as i don't want to waste time on making another account from scratch on w0w and i am satysfied with rs.

I saw one thing on the second thread i think,a dude said "you get level 50 on rs and then you just move one"

Well excuse me but then it means you are just looking for easy to level games with no interest in putting any effort into it and the game is much more fun at higher levels because you have acces to alot more features.

Alright as a final statement i would like to say that we should end this topic.We clearly aren't making any constructive arguments for either side.We are either saying that w0w p00ns and rs sucks or the other way round.

Let's just end this and keep this forum only for rs and let the people who like rs enjoy their game.Also i would suggest the posters of the rs topic on w0w forums to also drop that.

Let everyone enjoy their own game and turn to the other (or not) when they wish.

Thanks

Final1.jpg

lol WoW is way to expensive, lags the computer, costs money JUST TO PLAY, u have to buy it on disk or download from site or something

runescape doesnt lag the computer, is fairly priced, doesnt not REQUIRE you to pay to play, and is on the internet

thats MY synopsis of WoW V.S. RS

World of Warcraft = lame

Runescape = pwnage

A) It's only ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5 more than RuneScape.

B) You've got a [cabbage] pc.

C) SO what? The game has far more demands than RS.

D) Don't you have shops where you come from?

E) WoW is on the internet too.

This thread is getting more interesting all the time! Mostly because I've just started a trial run of WoW, and I don't get much of the game, but I may be tempted to continue trying.

I agree with a few points especially.

A: Starcraft I think is a highly underrated game compared to Wow, and they should be spending more time on making a sequel or WoS or something.

B. I really agree with sk83r's mention of filters. I don't like censors either (one reason I HATE american TV, and like English TV a bit better, well after 9 I suppose). I think there should be an option to turn the filter off. Mind you, jagex would probably say that 13 year olds shouldnt be exposed to it and would want it on.

I think I just don't understand WoW yet, once I do, I may change my opinion, but I like RS a bit better for the skills and simplicity, as well as the fact I can play it from any computer.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

Well you say that they hate rs and say that w0w is a mil times better.

Well isn't that what we're doing here?Denying them and supporting our cause.

I can't say if w0w has an immature community just because of 3 threads.And IMO they weren't all that immature,just a few maybe.

But because alot more people play w0w than rs and EVEn rs players drop rs for w0w then i have to say w0w is the better game just because of this reason.

Sure,for me it isn't as i don't want to waste time on making another account from scratch on w0w and i am satysfied with rs.

I saw one thing on the second thread i think,a dude said "you get level 50 on rs and then you just move one"

Well excuse me but then it means you are just looking for easy to level games with no interest in putting any effort into it and the game is much more fun at higher levels because you have acces to alot more features.

Alright as a final statement i would like to say that we should end this topic.We clearly aren't making any constructive arguments for either side.We are either saying that w0w p00ns and rs sucks or the other way round.

Let's just end this and keep this forum only for rs and let the people who like rs enjoy their game.Also i would suggest the posters of the rs topic on w0w forums to also drop that.

Let everyone enjoy their own game and turn to the other (or not) when they wish.

Thanks

WOW=7 000 000 players

RS=

9 000 000 f2p

about 900 000 members

Well I have come to the conclusion that WOW and RS are like f2p and p2p on runescape:

P2p is better. You pay for p2p.

F2p isnt as good. You dont pay for f2p.

WOW is better. You pay more for WOW.

RS is not as good. You dont pay as much.

lol you guys are making fun of people for making fun of runescape.. dont stoop to that level!

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

Those forum discussions werent very bright, but they weren't plainly stupid, some comments were more thoughtful than others. I recall seeing a couple of

tip.it general forum topics with no more intelligence than those messages.

I cant blame them, the point they play Wow and not Rs is that they don't like Rs, so what are we expecting?

Besides, Im not surprised ppl here think those ppl are just stupid, etc. But it doesn't really matter, since ppl on this forum likes= Rs, and will see things subjectively anyway.

I don't play Rs anymore, and I won't anymore. I look at things how they are, we play a game with crappy graphics, a horrible community, an uncaring company owner; pointless money-oriented updates, a game filled with repetition and striving for ugly pieces of pixels, and sitting in front of a machine for hours and hours. It all seems nice when hooked to it, then you wake up a morning and you're married with an ugly woman you don't love, and you have two kids.

I do think anybody seriously playing any game needs a serious wake up call.

2480+ total

I got considerably old when whenever someone would made a valid, well constructed rant of a certain part of the game, all the responses end up looking like this:

"QQ moar nub lrn2play."

HUH? =/

What can you expect? World of Warcraft always bags on Runescape

and runescape cusses, scams, macros, imo were alot worse then their results.

People cuss in WoW, people macro in it (though it's rare because it's hard to do), people don't scam in WoW (well hardly ever anyway).

The WoW community is just as bad, you wouldn't believe the vulgarity they use in that game (have you ever played?)

~L

so what, suck it up. i get cursed by random people everyday. macroing in runescape takes away your fun, cussing can be easily avoided and it causes you no problems (if you have a high self esteem) runescape cusses way more then WoW (if you dont stake, safe in the wild). just glance at the f2p lumby more often, see what im talking about. seriously.

Seriously, you have no idea what your talking about until you have played, RS is a much cleaner game when it comes to language used.

Lol, thats because the game is made for 10 year olds that dont need to heard cuss words.

Ya, End game stuff on RS made me quit....nothing! no new items, monsters, WEAPONS. Every monster because jad could be grouped with hundreds of people. Wow you can only have 5 for a dungeon(instance) or up to 40 for a really hard raid.

kalphite_queen6.gif

Or...(This is me =D)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9716/wowscrnshot042407195439vl9.png

siggd7.jpg

I am sick and TIRED of people comparing runescape to other video games. Seriously, play the game, and if you find something better, play that. Stop bringing comparisons of the game to the forums which are used to discuss RUNESCAPE, not WOW. I understand you are making a point, but make that point without bringing other games into the discussion.

I was just about to say that, there's no point in proving your game is better, just play it, and don't play the other.

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

WOW=7 000 000 players

RS=

9 000 000 f2p

about 900 000 members

Wow, you have a solid point there. /sarcasm

I can go and make about 100,000 f2p accounts if i wanted, spending days doing it. As of now, i have around 10 f2p accounts and 1 p2p. Wow on the other hand, there is no f2p. 95% of those accounts are 1 to a person id estimate, and the other 5% would be peoples multiple accounts. Im pulling most of that outa my rear, but its still the point of it. 7 million players in wow, infact theres probably more. First off where did you get the 9 million f2p? Even if there is, there is no possible way that there is only 1 account per person, infact i bet atleast 40% of that number if its true is macroers, and atleast 10-20% of that is level 3 accounts made for the name to sell on a black market runescape site. Yes, ive seen names being sold on sites like that.

I am sick and TIRED of people comparing runescape to other video games. Seriously, play the game, and if you find something better, play that. Stop bringing comparisons of the game to the forums which are used to discuss RUNESCAPE, not WOW. I understand you are making a point, but make that point without bringing other games into the discussion.

Simple solution, don't read the argument. I am a big fan of disputing and arguing, infact i do it daily. I can't talk about any subject that involves politics, laws, comparisons or anything similar without arguing or disputing. Its natural to compare things, so whats wrong with it? The WOW vs Runescape argument is very old, and people have different views on it. You saying your sick of it is like saying we should just eliminate politics and instead of having political parties dispute they should just have the government say whats right and not question. Theres nothing wrong with a little bit of disputing, but when the people get immature and stupid, is when the argument turns to flaming. Just because this board is for runescape, doesn't mean you cant compare it to wow. After all, the topic is on runescape too.

Eh, in my opinion WoW kids forget RS is Java. JAVA. (Runescript k). There's no point in arguing that WoW is better. RS has the limitations of Java. WoW... doesnt? DANG. If WoW is really mostly combat like they say it is, then RS is what I'll be more interested in doing.

Ok, first off i need to ask you if you have ever worked with java? I'm learning to program and such, and i really wounder if java is that bad. I've asked other friends who know stuff about programming, and they say that java has great capabilities, and that rs could be improved. The top argument i see is that java is crap and it cant handle anything, but wheres the proof? I've seen jagex improve the graphics, infact i remember most times that they did. They can improve it more, but maybe they dont know how, or are too lazy with making lv 3 noob quests..

WoW isnt just combat, though that is what a lot of it is based on. No, WoW doesnt have you sitting at a tree for 5 hours clicking, or jumping around logs all day. We do quests, get our trade skills up, do raids for sick gear, hang out with friends, pvp ANYWHERE we want, and we can even kill people that dont agree to a duel. Of course, theres more pvp on a pvp server, but yeah.. In wow, you must rely on others along with yourself to get far endgame, you cant just solo your way through and get the best gear. Gear in WoW needs to be earned mostly, not bought. You cant just get lucky on a drop and buy all the sick gear you want, you have to spend hours raiding for the best gear, or pvping for great gear. So yes, theres a lot of combat, but its varied. We dont click then sit there and eat food, we use a good portion of our keyboard to control our character and win battles. The combat system is based more on timing, skill and luck, not just luck and eating food at the right time.

Now, the above paragraph isnt to diss RS, I'm not saying its horrible, i used to play it. It isnt bad for a browser game, it could be better if there was a more competent company running it, but oh well. There is some good features as ive said before, such as minimal requirements, afking, and other things.

*cough*

I'm guessing you didn't take the time to read my post, as i stated both rs and wow have their good qualities, and other assorted things. I'd like to think my previous post was constructive, i though a good amount on it and tried to prove a point. Ending the topic is pointless, these topics always come up. This isn't the first rs vs wow argument ive been in, and doubtfully the last. Choose a side, or stay neutral and support both or none, its that simple. If you support none, just leave the topic as you most likely wont have anything we need to hear. I have already said compairing the two doesnt work well, but some things can be compared and they should be.

As for that glorification of swearing.. I won't even go there. That's just a childish point of view.

Who are you to say its childish? Some of us believe that we should be able to speak as we please, i think swears are alright and there is nothing wrong. If used in the right context they are fine, now sometimes yes they can be wrong. I don't believe any one man or group of people should be able to tell me what i can or cant say, in fact they cant tell me what to say. I am not the type of person to listen without asking questions, and i will argue till the day I'm 6 feet under. Theres nothing "childish" about swears if you dont go overboard, infact they spice up language a bit. They show strong emotion, whats wrong with that? I hear adults swear daily, its not a big deal. I also hear kids swearing, and the shows i watch have swears all the time, its no big deal. I believe in true freedom, not "your free when i want you to be, but if i say so you do what i want" freedom. Censorship should be for 12 and under, shows for adults should NOT be censored, anime should NOT be censored, THE INTERNET SHOULD NOT BE CENSORED! Now, I'm guessing that many people will flame / insult me for this, and im basing this off the fact that most people seem to think whats good for them is good for everybody. The best way to do things in my opinion, is give you the choice of censorship or not, it should not be mandatory.

Don't even try to act like there is an intelligent community behind runescape. Suffice to say, the *underground* runescape sites such as autoers and account sellers are more mature than 80% of the actual runescape population. Yeah, I said it, you know it's true too. The community on World of Warcraft is also immature and unhelpful but that game applies much more to an age group of 16+ and I will say hands down that their community dominates runescapes.

First off, i agree the underground community is more mature, been there and seen it for myself. For the most part, i agree with a lot of your post, but some things are a bit.. ehhh.. WoW isnt all immature, and being an ex wow player you should know. Unless you played on a horrible server, you normally can find a great amount of nice people. On my priest, i had a whole guild full of nice people, who respected me and each other. We were a guild of basically no order, and me an a rl friend lead it, but we still had nice helpful respectable members. Same goes for all the other guilds ive been in, and most of the people i met ingame. Sure, theres a bunch of immature idiots, but for the most part its nice. Infact, playing wow i learned to type out my words properly and go back and change most spelling errors to make things more readable. I couldnt just type roflcopter i r teh 1337st i pwn all the time, i had to type properly and use proper grammar.

B. I really agree with sk83r's mention of filters. I don't like censors either (one reason I HATE american TV, and like English TV a bit better, well after 9 I suppose). I think there should be an option to turn the filter off.

<3

Runescape takes much more skill to play

Aye Cap'n! *Click* *Click* *Click* Runescape takes tolerance, and a good internet connection, it doesn't need reaction time, or anything like that.

And we have a lot more intelligent people in our game Love

So w00t Runescape. I've played many MMORPG's (Runescape, WoW, maple story) And Runescape has the finest community of them all, thanks to jagex! Applause

Would those happen to be the same people in this "Fine community" that think luring is a good thing?

P.S. (the WoW forums are just as stupid in every thread, they aren't being overly stupid just because they hate Runescape with a passion)

You must've missed the rant threatening to sue Jagex for his account getting hacked.

WoW cannot be compared to Runescape. Comparing an Installable game, to a browser game is like comparing an olive to a watermelon, you can't.

Yeah, this topic is a flame war waiting to happen. G'bye ladies and gents.