Hockey world championships

T-Roach

So the games have started, 16 countries, 1 winner. Who are u rooting for?

Finland <3 big thing here, people wearing jerseys of fi nnish players to school, waving finnish flags and so on :P

first game against ukraine 5-0

and now they're leading denmark 4-1

gooo finland!

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

I don't really think this tournament counts for anything. All the best players are in the NHL playoffs.

There are some good players in the world championships like Ovechkin, Malkin and a couple of others. But you're right, the tournament is a joke. Sweden only has 1 NHL player currently on their roster and he's not even a very good one (Alexander Steen). Another thing is that only 7 teams really have a chance of winning. The rest of the teams are just there to fill out the 16 spots. I guess they have to try to make the sport bigger but a game between Sweden and Italy isn't very exciting.

If you want to watch real hockey, watch the NHL playoffs.

untitledyw7.png

Finland <3 big thing here, people wearing jerseys of fi nnish players to school, waving finnish flags and so on :P

Don't know why, in my school (in Finland) they arn't making such a big deal about it. More Eurovision. BOO. I want either America, Norway, Finland or Italy to win. The first three are the only ones who have a chance. I don't want Sweden to win. (Along with the rest of Finland, t-roach definately knows what I mean.)

C2b6gs7.png

Don't know why, in my school (in Finland) they arn't making such a big deal about it. More Eurovision. BOO. I want either America, Norway, Finland or Italy to win. The first three are the only ones who have a chance. I don't want Sweden to win. (Along with the rest of Finland, t-roach definately knows what I mean.)

It;s funny, Eurovision is something rarely even heard of here in America, but in Europe it's as big as American Idol. Except more Europeans have actaully heard of American Idol verses the extremely low amount of Americans who've heard of Eurovision.

Heck, I know someone from Czech who even hasn't heard of it. It seems really isolated to the countries involved.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

It;s funny, Eurovision is something rarely even heard of here in America, but in Europe it's as big as American Idol. Except more Europeans have actaully heard of American Idol verses the extremely low amount of Americans who've heard of Eurovision.

Heck, I know someone from Czech who even hasn't heard of it. It seems really isolated to the countries involved.

Here Finnish Idol is big. Not kidding, there is one.

C2b6gs7.png

I know someone who went to Finland for the games.

Hope you mentioned him that they are played in Russia :P We haven't (yet) conquered that country ;)

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

im not into the Eurovision that much, :S

but yea, as long as sweden doesnt win :D they might not be the best team, but they're mentally the worst opponent for finland

Medical Doctor-2018?

Hope you mentioned him that they are played in Russia :P We haven't (yet) conquered that country ;)

:-k I don't know, that's just what my mother said. That they went to Finland to watch the games. Hm...:-k

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

:-k I don't know, that's just what my mother said. That they went to Finland to watch the games. Hm...:-k

the games are held in moscow :x

Medical Doctor-2018?

So the games have started, 16 countries, 1 winner. Who are u rooting for?
I have to go with Canada. Even though we just edged out Germany... But home team first, right? If Canada wasn't there, it would either be Sweden or Finland...

I don't know, that's just what my mother said. That they went to Finland to watch the games. Hm...
Wasn't the under-18 tournament held there? I could be wrong...

I don't know, that's just what my mother said. That they went to Finland to watch the games. Hm...
Wasn't the under-18 tournament held there? I could be wrong...

That would make sense, he was scouting prospective players to come overseas to play in the OHL, they'd have to be under 21.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

That would make sense, he was scouting prospective players to come overseas to play in the OHL, they'd have to be under 21.

Yea we had 18-year-old games here in Finland just a week ago. And I bet he wouldn't scout anyone to OHL from the real adul games :P

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

You guys are thinking too far ahead. im still concerned about this rangers game... when the hell is it gona end :x

It's over :( not the result I was hoping for...

summerpngwy6.jpg

You guys are thinking too far ahead. im still concerned about this rangers game... when the hell is it gona end :x

It's over :( not the result I was hoping for...

Har Har Har yeaaaaaaaah boi. Lets go rangerss!

You stink. GO BUFFALO!

and Vancouver and Ottawa and San Jose

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Did anyone watch Russia - Finland today??

Wow I just love watching Russia play, looks like old Soviet Union at times. They play so fast and so beautiful hockey. They outplayed finland in 2 periods.

But.. Finland looks pretty good aswell, strong comeback at the end but it wasn't enough.

i was so pissed :D:D

well actually i wasnt since im not into the games that much

i was rooting for denmark at first :D

Medical Doctor-2018?