music at videos (loop in the rules?)

So, lately I've been planning to get a fire cape. I've been browsing aow guides and player made guides just to realise one thing: videos there and some pk videos contain music at the backround. Yea it makes them sound better, but the problem is that in most cases those backround musics break copyright rules. A song doesn't lose its rights when it's put to the backround of your video. However I haven't seen any videos being removed because of this. A possible loop in the rules?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

With same logic we should be allowed to post links to mp3's, talk about different downloading softwares and so on.

signaturehoh.jpg

If you see a video breaking the rules then report it to YouTube and flag the post for moderators. Tip.it does not have the staff to check every single video.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you see a video breaking the rules then report it to YouTube and flag the post for moderators. Tip.it does not have the staff to check every single video.

Some of these videos aren't hosted in Youtube and I don't really know how strict Rapidshare and Megaupload are in copyright issues. Also some AoW guides have even stated which songs are used in their movies. Rings should bell when they give credit for bands like Megadeth, System of a Down and Dream Theatre.

edit: And when guides are put to AoW, I think the videos should be checked properly or at least the text read so well that copyrighted stuff doesn't get there.

signaturehoh.jpg

Some of these videos aren't hosted in Youtube and I don't really know how strict Rapidshare and Megaupload are in copyright issues. Also some AoW guides have even stated which songs are used in their movies. Rings should bell when they give credit for bands like Megadeth, System of a Down and Dream Theatre.

edit: And when guides are put to AoW, I think the videos should be checked properly or at least the text read so well that copyrighted stuff doesn't get there.

The videos are hosted on video hosting sites and it is not the responsibility of Tip.It to remove the content but the video hosting site whether it be you tube or what ever.

The videos are hosted on video hosting sites and it is not the responsibility of Tip.It to remove the content but the video hosting site whether it be you tube or what ever.

Posts which are even slightly for internet piratism get locked at music&movie section. Even threads about Limewire are constantly getting locked as tip.it doesn't support piratism at all. I know that every video can't be checked by the mods, but hey c'mon. AoW guides should be checked properly as they are the guides which thousands of players read and if they even name the bands and songs used, it should be a clear thing.

Second, if I now reported some of these popular AoW posts to Rapidshare and Megaupload, it would take 30 mins or less for people starting to cry about links not working. What would follow? Of course rehosting. Without proper rules it's an endless squirrel wheel.

edit: The rules currently say the following:

Do not post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner.

According to that these videos aren't only breaking copyright laws, but also Tip.IT rules.

signaturehoh.jpg

It is however tipits responsibility to not link to copyrighted material.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Exactly and videos with backround music seem to be the only thing that is allowed.

signaturehoh.jpg

Exactly and videos with backround music seem to be the only thing that is allowed.

There's still a lot of music on the internet which is for free use, so you want the tip.it mods and admins to use their time to hunt down the original copyright of the songs used, even if they're not listed with title/band? Yes, for the more known bands like Linkin Park or Blink 182 (which are often used) it might be simple, but what if something like this is used in the background, do you really think it's fair for the tip.it staff to hunt down what copyright laws that surround that?

And yes, that track is perfectly legal for both downloading and any non-commercial use...

There's still a lot of music on the internet which is for free use, so you want the tip.it mods and admins to use their time to hunt down the original copyright of the songs used, even if they're not listed with title/band? Yes, for the more known bands like Linkin Park or Blink 182 (which are often used) it might be simple, but what if something like this is used in the background, do you really think it's fair for the tip.it staff to hunt down what copyright laws that surround that?

And yes, that track is perfectly legal for both downloading and any non-commercial use...

Yea I know there's still something legal in the internet and actually I've tried to spread the word about some talented bands which are giving freebies at the internet. However when bands like Megadeth and Dream Theatre are both mentioned in an AoW guide, there should be some bells ringing. At the moment it seems nothing is even done about these copyright breaks.

signaturehoh.jpg

We've discussed this and we will not be removing or begin policing these videos. The videos are hosted by other sites and it is not our responsibility to wade through each and every one. We don't have the time to sort through the volume of videos when there are more pressing matters we're attending to that affect the functioning of this site. We appreciate users' involvement with ways to improve the site but not every one is practical to implement.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat