Guide to Spinning Bowstrings for Money

Arambul

Guide to Spinning Bowstrings for Money

1. Introduction

----- Hi, my name is Jesse, and my RSN is Sara Reaper. Recently, I've been itching to do something useful with my boredom. I've also been looking for ways to make a decent amount of cash. I came upon a way to sort of merchant, but you can even do it without starting money(but this way will just take up some time). How, you ask? Bowstrings! It may not be able to make as much as other methods, but most of those other ways are harder for lower levels.

2. Table of Contents

--- 1.0 Introduction

--- 2.0 Table of Contents

--- 3.0 Obtaining Flax

-------- 3.1 Short way: Buying

-------- 3.2 Long way: Getting it yourself!

--- 4.0 Spinning the Flax

-------- 4.1 Bought the flax

-------- 4.2 Picked the flax

--- 5.0 The Numbers

-------- 5.1 Bowstrings made an hour

------------ 5.11 Bought the flax

------------ 5.12 Picked the flax

-------- 5.2 Profit an hour

------------ 5.21 Bought the flax

------------ 5.22 Picked the flax

--- 6.0 Closing

3.0 Obtaining Flax

----- Obtaining flax can be as easy as yelling in a bank, or running back and forth for hours. I, myself, like to take the short way.

3.1 Short way: Buying

This way is very simple. Just go to Seers bank and start yelling something alon the lines of, "white:wave:buying all flax 100ea!" The general price is about 90-110gp a piece. You should get a couple of trades. You can also buy them off of the forums if you buy them in bulk amounts. When all of your cash is ehasted, find a way to Lumbridge. This can be through home teleport on standard spell book, Lumbridge teleport, or you can even get yourself killed on purpose somehow if your respawn point is in Lumbridge. How ever you get there, go to the bank on the top floor.

3.2 Long way: Getting it yourself

This way is longer then buying, but you will make 100% profit. It will take a little bit longer to make the same amount of bowstrings than buying, so I only recommend doing this if you don't have the money to buy flax. See "4.2 Picked the flax" to see the steps in doing this.

4. Spinning the Flax

----- There are two methods on spinning the flax, depending on how you got your flax.

4.1 Bought the flax

If you bought your flax, you should get yourself to Lumbridge. Go to the top floor. Withdraw 28 unnoted flax, and go down one floor. There is a spinning wheel located in the southern room. Go into the room and left-click on the spinning wheel. Right-click the flax option, and then left-click "Make X." What I do to shave off about half a second is just enter 33 and hit enter. The 3 is right next to the enter button on a number keypad. If you don't have one, just hit 99 and press enter. When your load of flax hase been spun into bowstrings, go back up the stairs. Bank all 28 bowstrings, withdraw 28 flax, and reapeat.

4.2 Picked the flax

If you plan on picking your flax, just go to Seers and head to the flax field south of Seers bank. Find a flax plant and pick is until it disappears. When that happens, move on to another plant, and pick all the flax from that one, too. Do this until your inventory is full. Then run northwest to the house next to the yard with the yew trees in it. Go in and go upstairs where a spinning wheel is located. Left-click on the spinning wheel. Right-click the flax option, and then left-click "Make X." What I do to shave off about half a second is just enter 33 and hit enter. The 3 is right next to the enter button on a number keypad. If you don't have one, just hit 99 and press enter. Once your load is done, go back down the stairs and run to the bank and bank the items. Run to the flax field and start the cycle over again.

5.0 The Numbers

--- Here is where you see the amount you make and how much money you make an hour.

5.1 Bowstrings made an hour

--- 5.11 Bought the flax

My average trip to complete a full load was about 1:20(I had run on full time to because while you're psinning, it recharges back to 100%). This translates into 80 seconds. Since I am finding out how much you will make an hour, I will convert the hour to seconds.

Here is the equation:

[3600(seconds in an hour)] / [80(time it takes for one load)] * [28(amount of bowstring in a load)] = 1260.

You will make about 1260 bolwstrings an hour.

--- 5.12 Picked the flax

My average trip to complete a full load was about 3:00 while walking. While running, my average time was 2:25. So that means 180 seconds while walking and 145 seconds while running.

Here are the equations:

Walking - [3600(seconds in an hour)] / [180(time it takes for one load)] * [28(amount of bowstring in a load)] = 560.

Running - [3600(seconds in an hour)] / [145(time it takes for one load)] * [28(amount of bowstring in a load)] = 700.

5.2 Profit an hour

--- 5.21 Bought the flax

Since you can make about 1260 bowstrings an hour, you multiply this by the price you sell by.

Here is the equation for selling them at 200 each and buying at 100 each:

[1260(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price) - 100(buring price)] = 126,000.

You will make about 126,000 an hour by buying your flax.

--- 5.22 Picked the flax

Here is the equation for selling them at 200 each.

Walking - [560(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] = 112,000.

Running - [700(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] = 140,000.

By picking your own flax you will make about 112,000 an hour walking and about 140,000 an hour running.

6.0 Closing

--- Hopefully, someone has been inspired to make some cash by my ways. This was mainly a test guide, to see if I'm able to make a decent guide. Of course, there are other ways to make money that would get you about double to triple this way would, but some of those ways are not able to be done easily by lower levels.

Note: If this guide becomed popular, I will add pictures. We just have to wait and see.

hatewn1.png

good formatted guide, well thought out process. the only problem is that every1 knows this already :shock:

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

I'm aware if that. Like is said, my main goal was to see if I get some good comments on the format and orginization and such. This is my first guide, but not my last. If I get some good comments, I will make more guides on some stuff that isn't well known.

hatewn1.png

Very nice claculations over there... now i know.. 1200 BS per hour

so how much profit is that?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Very nice research and organization. I will include this method of semi-merchanting in a guide I'm writing this summer.

9/10, because it's already well known.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

Very nice claculations over there... now i know.. 1200 BS per hour

so how much profit is that?

5.2 Profit an hour

--- 5.21 Bought the flax

Since you can make about 1260 bowstrings an hour, you multiply this by the price you sell by.

Here is the equation for selling them at 200 each and buying at 100 each:

[1260(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] / [2(selling price/buying price)] = 126,000.

You will make about 126,000 an hour by buying your flax.

--- 5.22 Picked the flax

Here is the equation for selling them at 200 each.

Walking - [560(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] = 112,000.

Running - [700(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] = 140,000.

By picking your own flax you will make about 112,000 an hour walking and about 140,000 an hour running.

I guess you must have missed that section.

hatewn1.png

1260(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] / [2(selling price/buying price)] = 126,000.

Are you sure about this? It works in this case, but only because your selling price is twice your buying price.

I think it would be best to say 1260 * (200[selling] - 100[buying]) = 126000

Also, if you have completed throne of miscellania and royal trouble, you can get 1250 flax a day at about 40 each!

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

1260(bowstrings/hour)] * [200(selling price)] / [2(selling price/buying price)] = 126,000.

Are you sure about this? It works in this case, but only because your selling price is twice your buying price.

I think it would be best to say 1260 * (200[selling] - 100[buying]) = 126000

Also, if you have completed throne of miscellania and royal trouble, you can get 1250 flax a day at about 40 each!

I am right on the equation. In the brackets, I explained why that certain number is used. In this case, is the selling price divided by the buying price.

hatewn1.png

In this particular instance, your equation is correct.

For a general equation it is wrong - the two [selling prices] cancel. This means that your equation is effectively:

Profit = 1260 * buying price

If we consider the case where you buy for 100 each, and sell for 150 each

Your equation:

Profit = 1260 * 150 / 1.5 = 126000

My version:

Profit = 1260 * (150 - 100) = 63000

Now lets consider income and expenditure. You paid 126000 (1260 * 100).

You get 189000 (1260 * 150).

The net change in your money is (189000 - 126000) = 63000.

Therefore my equation is the correct version :-w . You just had the misfortune that, in your particular example, the two equations are equal :)

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

i already knew this way, but i didnt knew the numbers of profits ^^

i think that wich way u wanna do it, doesnt really matter, unless u got real high/low agility since u can run longer/shorter making more/less money then buying.

u should look at ur AG and ur money :) those are the only points 2 decide wich way ^^

good formatted guide, well thought out process. the only problem is that every1 knows this already :shock:

yep, i made my first 100k off bowstrings.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

If you have completed the Fremennik Isles quest http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=155 you may want to consider spinning your flax into bowstrings in Neitiznot rather than Lumbridge.

Advantages are a 1 click bank, no stairs and no doors. Distance between the bank and the spinning wheel seem to be slightly shorter too.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png