Barrows (MOD MOVE TO HELP AND ADVICE)

madthing70

I was thinking of getting some but I dont know which. What is the best barrows armor and why?

I cant use range or mage sets only the melee ones.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

They all have different uses guthans is the best if your a slayer or wanna do dag kings etc veracs is best for kq fight pits

btw this should be in help and advice

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

I was thinking of getting some but I dont know which. What is the best barrows armor and why?

I cant use range or mage sets only the melee ones.

It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Torag: Cheap and best defence (don't use the set effect though.)

Verac: Only good for fight caves, khaplite queen killing and if your 110+ for barrows. (You kill them still better with normal slayer dart though.)

Dharock: Good for training strenght and usefull at some slayer tasks. (You can use it on a lot of monsters, but you must be sure you don't lagg and it's pretty handy for slayer.)

Guthans: Good for barrows, slaying and daganoth kings. (Over rated Imo, I can do barrows and slayer easily without them and I never go to the kings.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Dont forget to mix and match the set parts for maximum performance if you are not after set effects.

Personally my favourite set of all time is Verac's set. Not for its set effect, but for his Skirt and Helm, both have the same melee def as torag's counterpart, no mage def penalty and substantial prayer bonus.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Dharok's and Guthans have many uses.

Dharok's is the ultimate Staking tool, you can kill most people in 2-3 hits at low health, plus you're still hitting pretty hard at full health. Dharok's is useful for wiping out slayer tasks quickly, burthoping a task is not as annoying since you can wipe out those monsters in one hit, and tasks with giants and such are done quickly as well. Dharok's is also godly for strength training, when combined with a Dwarven Rock Cake and PC the xp is rapid.

Be warned: Dharok's set takes a bit of skill to use, you need to know when to eat, prayer, or flee. A mistake could cost your millions.

Guthan's! alot of people think this is the best, but I think its only for slaying or high level monster killing. When I was alching at the Duel Arena I saw a guy with Dharok's and a guy with Guthan's. The guy with Dharok's was winning millions but the guy with Guthan's lost constantly. So only get this if like killing -Monsters-

Keep in mind Dharok's has the same defence as Torag's.

i got verac and love it for: killing the giant mole, PvPing ( in safe places like deul arena, i own people lvl 100 with my verac =) im level 86, and i barrow with it (faster then mage for me atleast more money cause the runes you get give way more money then the repair costs are (lvl 86 mellee based with barrow gloves, and 72 mage using earth wave if i mage)

Dharok's and Guthans have many uses.

Dharok's is the ultimate Staking tool, you can kill most people in 2-3 hits at low health, plus you're still hitting pretty hard at full health. Dharok's is useful for wiping out slayer tasks quickly, burthoping a task is not as annoying since you can wipe out those monsters in one hit, and tasks with giants and such are done quickly as well. Dharok's is also godly for strength training, when combined with a Dwarven Rock Cake and PC the xp is rapid.

Be warned: Dharok's set takes a bit of skill to use, you need to know when to eat, prayer, or flee. A mistake could cost your millions.

Guthan's! alot of people think this is the best, but I think its only for slaying or high level monster killing. When I was alching at the Duel Arena I saw a guy with Dharok's and a guy with Guthan's. The guy with Dharok's was winning millions but the guy with Guthan's lost constantly. So only get this if like killing -Monsters-

Keep in mind Dharok's has the same defence as Torag's.

some parts of dharok is the same, but for the full set torag has more def. Also, guthan is good at killing verac, i killed a lot of people in verac using super sets with guthan and i used my natural stats. From exeriments, i found out that:

verac easily beats dharok

guthan>verac

dharok>guthan