new minigame idea: The runescape Orphanage 88 Suporters!!

The Runescape Orphanage MiniGame

Here's the idea/ background for this minigame:

With all the wars, senseless fighting, and even more senseless Adventurers; there are a lot of orphans.

A group of people( npcs) have brought all the children with no one to look after them to one spot and made an orphanage. Now as with all not-for-profits (and orphanages in especially) they are short on free hands and even shorter on resources. With the ever growing population of children they also desperately need to expand and come up with stuff for the children(furniture, cloths, food, etc).Because they are a charity type instillation they have been able to make deals with various people across the map in order to buy stuff extremely cheaply(at cost)

What you do here: help with various tasks around the complex sometimes even supplying resources yourself.

Game functionality of it. This mini game is like a morton temple, village cleanup, setup. With the wide variety of tasks that need to be done to keep the operation running you can train any skill at the place. The exp for each skill would be rather slow compared to other methods and you would still have to pay for various things(planks for example, no free con xp here )

The benefits to the players:

While I'm not suggesting some reward from this(although some could certainly be added), the place itself would allow people too strictly stay to training, and not in a fast leach luring way like pc either. The work you do at the place directly relates to the exp you get. If you make furniture for the place you get con exp, if you make cloths for the children you get craft exp, If you smith hinges and door handles you get smith exp, if you cook for the kids you get cooking ect ect ect, you do nothing you get NOTHING. Also this would allow people to not have to go looking for resources to train their skills(note the resources you buy have to be used at the orphanage and can't be bought and used else ware)

A big apeal to this would be the abilty to "camp out" while training this would lead to people chatting and such and create another favorable/enjoyable spot such as the fishing guild or at the temple in mort'ton.

Here are some of the ideas I came up with for how each skill could be used.( please note that the exp for combat related stuff would be rediculously low compaired to actully fighting but would still get some)

Attack- chasing imaginary boogy man out of a childs room

Str- heavy lifting, sacks/ boxes of food etc

def- wrastle with kids(maybe be in a barny suit to get beat up)

range- play dodgeball with kids or throw dirty cloths in hamper

prayer- preach or any number of obvious jokes " oh guthix grant me the pactience to deal with these ..... children...." lol

magic- teach kids, animate toys, light displays .. its magic it can do anything

runecrafting- teach kids, do experiments

construct- furniture,playground building/repair, ect

hp/ constitution- boogy man, cleaning kids smelly dirty clothes (parents will get that simi-joke :-P )

agility, jumping thru cluttered rooms and dogeing running children

herblore- make cures for sick kids

thiev- steal kids security blanket to be washed and swap it for a clean one

crafting- cloths, toys, etc

fletching, toy bows and arrows

slayer, defating boogy man, monster under bed, dust bunnies

hunter- tracking wayward kids

mining- goes with expantion clearing out ruble with pick

smithing- door knobs, hinges, parts to toys, nails, etc

fishing- teaching kids to fish by example, catching fish for kids to eat

cooking- obvious, cook for kids, help in kitchen

firemaking, keep stoves lit, candles, furnace(heating)

wc- gather wood for fires

Farming- growing food and flowers for the house

Summoning(forgot to add this when summon was realeased.. lol): Summon nanny, flashing light creature to distract children while you do above tasks.

LK1

ps i have this on the rs forumes newEST thread quick find: 84-85-92-58515194 please if you support go there and post to help keep the thread alive and hopefully get this idea made possible

to be added to list also put your rsn if you dont have something that actually says "rsn: 1ncert N4m3_H3r3"

88 Suporters! list so far:

Names Listed are as they were at the time they listed thier support. With the advent of name changing, peoples names may be different.

Lord-Kain1(obviously since im posting and its my idea)

Mr Muffin

Theoknight2

Celestrana

Trollman118

Lion o 1

Gyroman25

Icecold638

Raiden1312

Cracybob6666(?)

Raymanator(thanks for praise )

Haseo 8492ed

Zach1459(first poster on new thread)[guy with grills idea]

Bandit0610

Naruto X234 (rattle ideas)

Yawhatnever

Craaaaaaazy5

Chrispee Mud

Nman103(thanks for the great defend the orphanage idea)[see RSOF]

Mad Matt1267

Flamevictory

Chess Man30

Rangerwizird

Hippo1222 ( thanks for praise and hope to see you there :) )

Pen Dragon2

Darkfang548

Patriot5

Inuyasha2264

Sirjohn50

Who De Man00

flava falcon

Alda40

Crofty789

Benblaster99

Agent Meep

Powerhouse6

Tillygirldog

Pawol3

Darth Dude

Tence333

Peduguina88

The PastyGangsta

Ghenghiscon

Loneslayer5

Chrizo626

ssjim826

Tyrant T100

Russalmighty

1 Cretos

Picman15

Chefman625

Lethal Twinz

Hyruliangoat

Bambam*j

Chotis

Sam Clark32

arrowbld

Evilnkk1

Lokofeto3

Flameskull17

Skeeter528

Cool Freeze3

Worms199

Seth161991

arrington

huseyine

boydeath

uelmotz

Jenove

abc1230

Gvku5

Dinoman593

Kelt Queen

Hillwoodcat

Darkmage3632

Do Or Die148

Yurameshi89

Monkeyguy139

"Charlieisthebest"

nerdboyxxx

mikester_H

Alksei

Skill_Guy0

hawk0078

Noobs4life2

xbarrowhero

Shane Mcred

n jupke

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely right, my bad.

Mods please move to correct forum

thanks in advance

LK1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit:

Due to popular demand here are some of the rewards ideas I'd had, i give credit to those that come up with some.

there a lot of room for rewards here and i pretty much kept that empty to give jagex creative liberties on that.

could be anything from getting discounts at other stores because of it( like the plank maker taking a liking to you and giving you a cash discount because of your charity work) or maybe even gain access to new areas( once you expand the orphanage to a certin point into the mountain it opens up a cave thats a good training area) and for those that are all about the cloths maybe they could give you a maid outfit(for ladies) and a caretakers outfit for guys.

There used to be something called influence back in the early days of rsc. For doing stuff you got influcence thatr lowered prices on certin things. something like that could be implimented here except you have to work to keep it up( like in tai bo cleanup)

an early idea i had(although it probly wouldnt get implimented) was to be able to have some sort of squire(one of the older kids) who does small tasks for you, something like manage thy kingdom... or maybe he carry extra things for you like temple treking(certin food items only and wont go into certin areas, no squires in wildy, duel arena, etc)

new item creations( like new toys etc that have no real use except more stuff to fool around with(rattles(thanks Naruto X234 for idea), etc))

theres a wide gambit that could be put in place for rewards I was just wanting to lay foundation for the mini game. The skys the limit on where this can be taken

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

This is actually a good idea! An alternative way to train skills but where would we build this orphanage? There's a Cave Goblin day-care in the Dorgesh-Kaan so maybe this orphanage mini-game can be applied there.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

This is actually a good idea! An alternative way to train skills but where would we build this orphanage? There's a Cave Goblin day-care in the Dorgesh-Kaan so maybe this orphanage mini-game can be applied there.

Thanks for the support :)

The location can be toyed with to make it more sensible/ accessible. Maybe near the waterfalls from the waterfall quest?

The cave goblin day care isnt a horrible idea but having with the quest requirements(would make it not popular with lotta people) and the conflict in story line for adding a human orphanage to a goblin city ( or why are there so many cave goblin orphanes if theres no real fighting if its goblin children) would confuse people

LK1

good idea but you said we could train all skills - what would we attack babies?

give a skill as an example and i can come up with how it would apply.

but since you havent listed a spacific skill( unless you ment attack) ill use attack

Despite the obvious teaching the kids to fight/ defend themselves by sparing you could use attack for idk.. chasing the boogy man out of the childrens rooms? fixing swings by tossing the rope around the over hanging pole?

LK1

I like this idea. Give back something to the game kindof. Even though I am f2p, and would never get this update, I support it.

if it was added it would always be there for ya if/ when you become a member :)

thanks for support

LK1

I like this idea. Give back something to the game kindof. Even though I am f2p, and would never get this update, I support it.

if it was added it would always be there for ya if/ when you become a member :)

thanks for support

LK1

LOL. Yeah, that's true. One day I plan on getting members, when all my f2p stats are 99 :lol: :pray:

Lion+O+1.png

well i see you were stumped with hp

so I say you should heal kids for hp

like using aids on them putting kids into bed bringing up soup to the kids.

thats an idea :)

though wouldnt realy have to have everything laid out in advance as jagex would customize it and add all the bells and mechanics to it.

LK1

but since you havent listed a spacific skill( unless you ment attack) ill use attack

Despite the obvious teaching the kids to fight/ defend themselves by sparing you could use attack for idk.. chasing the boogy man out of the childrens rooms? fixing swings by tossing the rope around the over hanging pole?

LK1

that would work well have you posted this on runescape forums?

alienhi1.jpg

My IRC nickname is Adam :)

LK1

that would work well have you posted this on runescape forums?

Yes i have but the suggestions forum gets so ull of rubbish so quickly that it gets buried and gets deleted after like a day if that

if i can gather together a good group of supporters who can help me keep the thread alive and viewible to other people that would help

LK1

I support! It seems like a great idea, and the only thing I found unreasonable is mining. A pickaxe would probably put holes in the stuff. Maybe a blunt pickaxe for the minigame? It's just astounding. =D> :thumbsup:

RunescapeFake1.jpg

Made by the one and only ME!

chocccclk6.png

Wow this sounds like a great idea! To balance the xp would have to be smaller than usual I think but it would still be the same or better than normal training as you do not have to get raw materials!

Excellent idea! I whole heartedly support this!

Crazybob6666.gif

Wow. Just...wow. :shock:

This is, without a doubt, the best idea I have ever seen.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

thanks guys glad it strikes your fancy :-D

i cant keep a thread on the offical forums though because of that blasted 50 page thread count limit this idea gets trashed because i cant log in every few hours to bump it :\ if i can get a large enough list of supporters here maybe i can just send in a link to jagex thru customer support.

LK1

This is a great idea i love it. i support 140%. make a support list, im sure most people will like this idea

-Support-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I have resurected the thread on the RSOF and would ask that everyone go there and show thier support( or if you are ftp and can not post then leave your rsn name here and i will post it there for you.

also if you can check every now and then and bump the post, ive had the thread get deleted in under 8 hours before because of that 50 pg limit

quick find code

24-25-583-46010893

LK1

i added a suport list an the people that have suported so far, on the RSOF i added some possible rewards as a tidbit... but rreally the possible rewards are limitless.

LK1

ps if you cant post on th eRSOF then just say "support" and have your rsn somewhere. I dont want to add a name to find out it doesnt exist; would be kinda embaresing :\