My first teragen landscape

st_laflahae

i can't really comment on terragens because I'm not good at them so the only comment I'll make is that the water doesn't look too realistic. I don't know how to comment on the rother stuff because I can't differentiate between what is good and what is bad.

that was water?! i thought it was a glacier or something.

it looks cool though, and i like the sun too. 8/10

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

wow..... umm... Heres some help... and this peice needs ALOT of it.

1) It looks like its a model kind of thing, like a toy. You can clearly see the plain flat land off in the distance and it has no depth whatsoever.

2)It also has NO texture whatsoever.

3) The water, like others said, it blatently bad. Even just the normal default water usualy works fine.

4) THe ray effece you give isn't bad, but the atmosphere is a very smiple one, and is lacking alot.

5) The way the mountains form is also very unrealistic. the big point there is just odd, and that with the fact of no depth leaves this to be a VERY unrealistic landscape render.

Overall, everything needs to be worked on. Give it actual depth, i recomend downloading http://www.world-machine.com , and actualy give it a surface map. Check up on the terragen main page, they have a tutorail about it, and i STRONGLY recomend reading it, will make you understand instead of just clickin random colors for textures :)

Rofl, just read through posts, and J_Rod is right, i'm telling you to get it :lol: :lol: ahaha.

All you gotta do is put snow around it, and suddenly, its a FROZEN river!

Hmm, otherwise, it reminds me very much of the frozen lake/river in King Arthur....

J272

1) It looks like its a model kind of thing, like a toy. You can clearly see the plain flat land off in the distance and it has no depth whatsoever.

3) The water, like others said, it blatently bad. Even just the normal default water usualy works fine.

4) THe ray effece you give isn't bad, but the atmosphere is a very smiple one, and is lacking alot.

5) The way the mountains form is also very unrealistic. the big point there is just odd, and that with the fact of no depth leaves this to be a VERY unrealistic landscape render.

Overall, everything needs to be worked on. Give it actual depth, i recomend downloading http://www.world-machine.com , and actualy give it a surface map. Check up on the terragen main page, they have a tutorail about it, and i STRONGLY recomend reading it, will make you understand instead of just clickin random colors for textures :)

Rofl, just read through posts, and J_Rod is right, i'm telling you to get it :lol: :lol: ahaha.

i agree but world machine didnt work for me when i tried to useit a while back the install file was crupt it might work for you

one thng that no one has said is that its a good start why dont you all be nice :D keep trying you will get it sooner or later

i agree but world machine didnt work for me when i tried to useit a while back the install file was crupt it might work for you

one thng that no one has said is that its a good start why dont you all be nice :D keep trying you will get it sooner or later

Not sure why it would be a corrupt file for you, i know its worked for me and others.

And for a first it still needs alot of work. I've seen much better firsts :wink: