new piece wip (update #6)

APERSON

I don't really like the eyes, they look as if she can look two directions at once, and she's demonstrating that in this piece. (it looks like she's doing this: <.> which is weird to say the least and a very rare ability). Also, her left hand is oddly positioned. Why is it clenched? I'd say it should either be holding a shield or be resting on her leg. I'm glad you changed the hair from purple...I like the realistic hair color much much better.

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

are you going to be finishing the other leg or is it staying like that? i think it should be made to look like the other leg, atm it really distracts my eyes from everything else which is great

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

are you going to be finishing the other leg or is it staying like that? i think it should be made to look like the other leg, atm it really distracts my eyes from everything else which is great

Yes, I plan on finishing the other leg armour. Just pretend like it is done for now :P

I don't really like the eyes, they look as if she can look two directions at once, and she's demonstrating that in this piece. (it looks like she's doing this: <.> which is weird to say the least and a very rare ability). Also, her left hand is oddly positioned. Why is it clenched? I'd say it should either be holding a shield or be resting on her leg. I'm glad you changed the hair from purple...I like the realistic hair color much much better.

I haven't gotten around to messing with her eyes yet. And as for her left hand I had planned on having her holding something, I'm not sure if I'm going to follow through with that or not, guess I'll see as I progress. I had also thought about maybe putting a helm between her arm and body...

Thanks again for the comments :)

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

Haven't had a lot of time to work on this so I just have a smallish update, worked on the eyes some and have gone through several versions of a sword, am having a hard time shading it, but I'll get it figured out.

d-sig-pose-7.jpg

sig_trippy2.jpg

aperson being

I think I've lurked for long enough. :P

Definitely a good piece, just like your old ones (I haven't seen your work in far too long :P), just a bit confused about the leg armour - is the skin supposed to poke out like that (left leg)? It just looks a little odd.

I'm sure you'll get the sword figured out, nice shape at the moment, can't wait to see it. :)

No major problems right now. Good luck with the rest of the piece. :D

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

I think I've lurked for long enough. :P

Definitely a good piece, just like your old ones (I haven't seen your work in far too long :P), just a bit confused about the leg armour - is the skin supposed to poke out like that (left leg)? It just looks a little odd.

I'm sure you'll get the sword figured out, nice shape at the moment, can't wait to see it. :)

No major problems right now. Good luck with the rest of the piece. :D

Thanks Faelenof. :) The skin with the leg armour, it just kind of ended up like that, she had pretty masssive thighs to begin with I think :-k

Thanks again for the comment =P~

sig_trippy2.jpg

aperson being

try for simplicity on the sword, use a light red streak straight down the middle, then add a dark side and a slightly lighter side and blend/highlight as appropriate, and get that leg done! lol

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Man, im loving this piece.

Each update gets better and better

I think you should fix the armour for a bit more defenseive purposes unless your just going for looks :wink:

But i love your shading, and id love to see the final product!

Goodluck :)

bestsigcopy.jpg

Rip. Archer3 and runescape

Achieved 99 Hitpoints At 8:36PM June-05-09

Achieved 99 Strength At 12:17AM March-08-09

Achieved 99 Attack At 3:57PM April-24-?09

Achieved 99 Firemaking At 5:41PM September-17-08

I think what it's missing, is a ton of speculars on the armor to make it look more metallic.

Keep at it.

Speculars?

This beautiful, beautiful tutorial Venomai indirectly linked me to explains what speculars are (with spiffy pics as well!):

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Just scroll down a little to get to the specular section (it's the first one with an image to look at). Go nuts. Lovelydude is right, speculars will make your armour look spiffy. :)

Faelenof.jpeg

Man, im loving this piece.

Each update gets better and better

I think you should fix the armour for a bit more defenseive purposes unless your just going for looks

But i love your shading, and id love to see the final product!

Thanks. :) I'm definitely going more for looks that actual defense. That big bare spot on her chest is a wonderful target for any archer. LOL

Thanks for the Link Faelenof, it helped. I might read through the whole tutorial completely at some point, it looks really insightful just skimming through it.

Here's another update, shaded the sword andf added some speculars, hope I did it right :wink:

d-sig-pose-8.jpg

sig_trippy2.jpg

aperson being

Yep, leg armour looks much better, great job. :) Also, nice work with the sword. :D

One more thing I noticed: the light source seems really iffy in places, such as the right shoulder armour (light's coming from the front) and the left shoulder armour (light's coming from the side). Granted, there could easily be two light sources, but I dunno, the right shoulder armour bit looks really odd.

Faelenof.jpeg

Yep, leg armour looks much better, great job. :) Also, nice work with the sword. :D

One more thing I noticed: the light source seems really iffy in places, such as the right shoulder armour (light's coming from the front) and the left shoulder armour (light's coming from the side). Granted, there could easily be two light sources, but I dunno, the right shoulder armour bit looks really odd.

Now I see the light... err :P I do believe you are correct. *notes yet another thing to fix* ;)

sig_trippy2.jpg

aperson being