New pixel and I need some help... update #1

badphooeybad

wippor3pr3.png

wippor34hj1.png

I like how the grass came out.. I migh tjust keep it like that... but on the leg, I don't know if that's the right.. angle on how his leg/foot should be...

Was making for someone then they left or something... Anyways... I've gotten this far and I think it looks pretty good atm.. But I can't make grass that looks good.... I've tryed looking at other peoples sigs to see their style of grass but then when I try it turns out terrible... Anyone got some pointers?

pongr.png

I think overall it's quite good. But what's up with the tree? Its roots look a little bit strange, like the tree isn't placed on the ground, but slightly floating above it. Maybe fix this by shading under them? :-k

About the grass:

I always make grass by just filling the area with a basic green color, then I pick another green and just vertically scribble all over it.

Then I do the same with yet another green, and there you are: grass!

(It may sound a bit weird, but really, it works. :mrgreen:)

Overall, good job, keep up the good work. :-)

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

^^ i have also used that method of using different tones of grass, it doesnt look that bad!

for the tree, you forgot to make texture, bark, leaves. remember that a tree is rough and irregular. i could pm you with some tips that loaf2000 gave to me when drawing pixel trees, it may help you

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

the legs make the person look like they need the loo.

im guessing hes ment to be relaxed...

if so, spread the legs wider and have the feet pointing more outwards.

with grass there is a technique that looks awsome if you have the pacience, it can work with duplicating, but then it doesnt in the sence thatit looks bad. basicly you get 3 shades of green, the base you fill, then with the lighter colour start to draw some thick blades or clumps of grass, then using the dark colour to darken the correct areas.

a perfect example of this is Faelenof's sig

or ill try find the tut....

click for for the tut =D

but made modifications, since you arnt using tiles, oh and to it to a reasonable scale.

but a very good example is [urlhttp]this sig[/url]

she even made it darker away from the light, but dont worry about that, unless you really want to.

but then again, nothing sucks more than having the grass out do the rest of the sig XD

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

don't outline things with black, use just a darker version of the colour your outlining.

I like using black lines. -.-

but then again, nothing sucks more than having the grass out do the rest of the sig XD

Are you saying my sig sucks? :cry: lawl...

Good point on the legs... I'm still working on this.. very slowely tho.. Don't have access to the comp alot.. so.. updates will be spread out.

pongr.png

I think overall it's quite good. But what's up with the tree? Its roots look a little bit strange, like the tree isn't placed on the ground, but slightly floating above it. Maybe fix this by shading under them? :-k

About the grass:

I always make grass by just filling the area with a basic green color, then I pick another green and just vertically scribble all over it.

Then I do the same with yet another green, and there you are: grass!

(It may sound a bit weird, but really, it works. :mrgreen:)

Overall, good job, keep up the good work. :-)

I to make my grass like that, heres a sig that I made using that method for grass:

sigcomp4.png

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Not sure how much help this will be, but heres part of a tut i'm making explaining how I do my grass.

"Ahh, now the grass. I like to try do small mounds to make a nice small tufts

of grass for a good outcome. If you wish, the video for it is here

Otherwise, just continue to use the layering technique for this, but instead getting continually darker.

And try to, as you're making you're shading with the pencil tool, try to give the illusion of blades

at the meeting of the two different colours by dragging the pen tool up and down to provide heights

and valleys. The video explains a lot more than my words can."