Is anyone upgrading to vista?

vtm

\'Why not & why to upgrade to Vista \'

Many people didnt want to have vista, it needed alot of ram, prosessing speed and a good enough harddrive. When Vista came out many people included me didnt like becuase of poor driver support and many software didnt worko with it. It's not that windows vista suck. it definitly doesnt.

With any new software there is problems that need to be fixed and needs time to fix. the same with vista and now is a great time to get vista not 5 months ago (or whenever it came out.)

If you want to upgrade you are better off starting off with a empty harddrive instead of a already used xp harddrive. When you create your vista computer you will have tons of programs that wont work with vista. You will need to simply get programs that work for vista. This is the same thing that happens when you update from 98 / 98se to Windows XP.. you will have a list of programs you will need to install.

So people stop complaining, its nornal when windows takes a huge jump. Vista is a great Operating system and in a few years you wont need to buy a $800 to have vista run smoothly. Prices go down on parts of cource. back in the day, a 5MB HDD was $200!!!! ouch!!!

Anyway, try the normal edition of vista with 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD & 2GHz(3GHz single core) prossesor and you'll have no problem.

so it anyone upgrading to vista?

I've tried Vista ultimate, however even with 2GB Ram and a 3.00GHz CPU I found Vista was very laggy and slow for me.

Vista used 600MB of ram @ idle... So it made most of my games unplayable due to the massive amount of memory usuage.

Vista basic works fine while playing games on 512 MB ram

Serrious? I wouldn't even dream or think of running vista on 512 mb of ram, let alone trying to game with it.

I'm going to upgrade once DX 10 becomes more common. Right now it just isn't worth it.

Serrious? I wouldn't even dream or think of running vista on 512 mb of ram, let alone trying to game with it.

I'm going to upgrade once DX 10 becomes more common. Right now it just isn't worth it.

It's vista basic- so it isnt as bad. I can run RS with no lag, except for when windows was downloading updates. I checked, and it only uses 65%-80% of memory when running RS :)

It's vista basic- so it isnt as bad. I can run RS with no lag, except for when windows was downloading updates. I checked, and it only uses 65%-80% of memory when running RS :)

Thats Runescape, it doesn't count. When people say their gaming they mean "real" games like FPS games or WoW.

goldenblade995.png

Thats Runescape, it doesn't count. When people say their gaming they mean "real" games like FPS games or WoW.

Yeah running a little java app doesn't mean jack because it takes hardly any memory anyways.

Having to take a 512mb or so hit when playing top end games is very bad, even if you have 2 gigs. To be honest I wouldn't get vista with less than 2GB of ram.

I've tried Vista ultimate, however even with 2GB Ram and a 3.00GHz CPU I found Vista was very laggy and slow for me.

Vista used 600MB of ram @ idle... So it made most of my games unplayable due to the massive amount of memory usuage.

It sure takes alot of speed, I upgraded my pentium to 3.6ghz to have ultimate runnig more smoothly

Nah, there is no way i'm upgrading my computer to run an operating system that's incompatible with most of the music applications I use atm. Makes about as much sense as buying a brand new overhyped top of the range cheese knife to help me drink my milk.

logo.jpg

I will upgrade to Vista when I get my next P.C, though when me + my dad bought this one we made sure it would be vista ready:

2gb ram, dual core, ect. My advice is only get vista with your next pc, it'll create more problems than it'll solve.

:D

wow, wow! I've found the meaning of life!

Oh oh it's gone again.

I will upgrade to Vista when I get my next P.C, though when me + my dad bought this one we made sure it would be vista ready:

2gb ram, dual core, ect. My advice is only get vista with your next pc, it'll create more problems than it'll solve.

:D

I bought a board thats compation to up to 4 cores but im going only single until the quad prices go down

Im gonna wait maybe another 1 to 2 years before i get vista

my reasons

1. xp works just fine

2. most of the main problems in xp have support

3. all my stuff works in xp

4. vista basic is like $350 (alot for a guy that makes like $80 a week)

5. i dont need to upgrade

6. i may decide to get a mac anyways

Never argue with an idiot - it only drags you down to there level, where he then beats you with experience.

completed Underground Pass at level 52!

I have Vista, and i have no problems with it.

Well, i admit that i have had some problems, with games crashing, not working etc, but i have always found a solution.

I have no lag in the games though, as I have 8 gb of ram, and a 2.8 ghz dual core CPU.

Behind the shadows; Behind the scenery of darkness, a giant [kitty]....

I'm still debating getting vista...

My specs are:

3.4 Ghz Pentium 4 HT

4 GB Ram

250 GB HD

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE video card

So, uh, should I upgrade, or is vista gonna lag like a drunk monkey?

it'll run fine but not as fast as xp.

logo.jpg

I'm still debating getting vista...

My specs are:

3.4 Ghz Pentium 4 HT

4 GB Ram

250 GB HD

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE video card

So, uh, should I upgrade, or is vista gonna lag like a drunk monkey?

it'll run fine but not as fast as xp.

Even vista ultimate?

Hitman247m.png