I believe I can fly! New idea! NEED HELP WITH THE PICS! :(

bsjkupo

Hello! for a while now i have had this idea of adding a new item to runescape that would make the game more interesting and i think i now is the time to post it to see what you all think!

My idea is runescape WINGS!

Now before you get all bent out of shape :ohnoes: heres the idea:

There will be 2 types of wings, Angel wings and Demon wings, both give the same bonuses but the look is diferent for each.

They would be equiped in the cape slot.

It would be P2P (sorry :uhh: )

Also when you where them some emotes are upgraded depending on what emote you use.

Demon wings would upgrade the angry emote.

Angel wings would upgrade the jump for joy emote.

Stat bonuses will be:

Attack:stab,slash and crush +2 mage and range +5

Defence:stab, slash and crush +1 mage and range +5

strenght +5

prayer +3

ANGEL WINGS (please note this is a beta picture! my skill in paint is rubbish! plz help improve this!)

runescapeangelwings.jpg

And now for the idea of how to get it.......A quest!!!!

Quest name: Wings of Flyten

Information: Brother sikly love to explore, but he gets travel sick very easily, he has tryed every method from ships to flying carpets, even hot air ballons!

So he began to research for and easier way to travel through runescape. During his research he stumbled across an old document claiming that during the god wars, an Angel by the name of Flyten fell to runescape from the heavens after his wings gave out, that was the last time he was heard of. He took his findings to the head priest but he was just laughed at, nobody would believe him.................

He needs somebody to investigate this strange finding and find out the secrets that Flyten holds from above.........and solve Brothers sikly's travel sickness.

Small info: Brother sikly has found out something extrordinary, but he can't explore do to a bad case of travel sickness, can a brave adventurer help him slove the mystery of Flyten? AND solve his travel sickness?

Quest details:

To start: talk to brother Sikly outside the Monastery.

Reward:

-3k attack exp

-3k strenght exp

-5000 magic exp

-5000 prayer exp

- Demon or Angel wings

If you lose your wings you can go back to brother sikly and as him for the way to get them back.

Mosters to kill: lesser demons (lv 82), Giant skeleton (lv 80) and Hellrasier (lv 200) or Fallen Angel (lv 200)

QUEST WALKTHROUGH:

REQUIREMNETS: a high combat lv (80+)

1- Talk to brother Sikly and talk about his travel sickness.

2- He will give you a scroll and a talisman of Flyten.

3- Click ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅlocateÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the [bleep] is combat xp?!?!?!?!?!?!? and i think the xp rewards are too much for this kind of quest...you should also add requirements like any qyests that has to be done to complete this 1 or any skills needed and items ETC...also can you have both wings? if not can you change which 1 you'll have (just like the fancy boots and fighting boots in stronghold of scurity) what do the lvl 200 monsters do? what type of attack they use (range mage or melee maybe a combination of all 3 or only 2 of them) can you use prayer with them? where can you find them? do they have any sort of weakness (like low defence virsus high strength or attack or vice versa) or maybe they are pretty much average and their defence attack and strength are pretty much the same...if you'll answer those question i might support :thumbsup:

EDIT:first post woot :wink:

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

A nice, if not original, idea. Would this mean you could fly anywhere, like over wildy ditch, over obstacles and be immune from melee attacks?

I like the quest idea =D> Very 'Jagex' with the names.

I want a horsey to ride. ::'

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

What the? No way. The stats totally owns fire cape and it is much much more easier to get these than fire cape.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

umm now thats even more stupid...the quests name is something like alternative ways to travel and you cant use the wings to fly? i think flying should be just like walking just faster but not faster than running and has unlimited energy OR takes of energy 1/10 slower tahn running BUT wings cannot be used in places such as the abbys, anyplace after canifis, the slayer tower/dugeon, wilderness and maybe agility courses...also i think you should be able to change between the 2 wings and i also think 100 feathers is harder to achieve than 10 ashes :XD: so maybe make it so you need 5 feathers? or maybe 200 ashes (noted!)?

kk! thats for the feed back again!

well the title is a bit wrong now that i think about it so i will change it.

I think that a running bonus is a bit lame if you can't use it everywhere(but again thats just my view ::')

as for your idea of making the wings different, wearing one of them allows one of the standered emotes to be upgraded (like wearing a chickin suit does for flap) and they will look very different.

as for the items to gather, is getting 500 feathers hard? you can buy them for 2gp each! lol :wink:

i am changing this around as i type so look again :P

and thanks again! oh and please say if you support or not! thx! :XD:

kk! thats for the feed back again!

well the title is a bit wrong now that i think about it so i will change it.

I think that a running bonus is a bit lame if you can't use it everywhere(but again thats just my view ::')

as for your idea of making the wings different, wearing one of them allows one of the standered emotes to be upgraded (like wearing a chickin suit does for flap) and they will look very different.

as for the items to gather, is getting 500 feathers hard? you can buy them for 2gp each! lol :wink:

i am changing this around as i type so look again :P

and thanks again! oh and please say if you support or not! thx! :XD:

first of all feathers (if you're not scamming) are atleast 6gp ea and its really hard to find for less...im not saying feathers are expensive or anything but 100 feathers compared to 10 ashes....i dont know do w/e you want :XD:

I feel that due to the nature of the quest and its heavenly aspect a +8 prayer is fair.

Also is paying 3k for 500 feathers really that bad? and for ashes you can either kill some monsters or burn some logs, they each take time and again it would be to the persons preference.

again is there any support for this out there? are there any good points?

:ohnoes: :-w :boohoo: :-# ::'

I feel that due to the nature of the quest and its heavenly aspect a +8 prayer is fair.

Also is paying 3k for 500 feathers really that bad? and for ashes you can either kill some monsters or burn some logs, they each take time and again it would be to the persons preference.

again is there any support for this out there? are there any good points?

:ohnoes: :-w :boohoo: :-# ::'

in general i support i just think it needs some improvements...and its not the price im talking about! 500 feathers really isnt that but you must admit 500 feathers is more than 10 ashes? and 10 ashes is way easier to get? you shouldnt think of the "price" to get it (evne though if you do you still see feathers are more expansive) you should look at the way to obtain it...lets say you kill chicken in champs' guild it should take a little time to get 500 feathers shouldnt it? but ashes? just get invy of...any type of log and by the time you are done burning the 10th log the first is likely to have changed into ashes or is really close to it and 8 prayer is still too much...if not 2 maybe 4?

i like this idea, it just need to be revamped some...+8 on the wings is a little to much...3 at the most is good enough...a skill cape only has +4 so...and these weak little wings cant be better then a skill cape...(on the prayer bonus)

yea..+8 and they are easy to get back if you die...that would ruin prayer..if all pure pkers had angel wings with monk robes and a helm to boost prostylye (or w.e) then that would be bad with a major prayer bonus..

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

oky i see :D i will add you in support

and i have changed the feathers to 100, chickins drop on average 5-15 feather each so that is more relistic

as for the prayer i kind of agree but i think +6 would be more resonable

thanks for the feed back!

ok but also make the ashes needed like...40-50? and prayer of 6 is still too much...even 4 is too much just take it down OR make the quest A LOT harder (killing around 10 monsters w/o prayer 1 after the other with all combat of 200+ though that still take around 5 prayer :uhh: )

sry guy, but this idea has been proposed like a thousand times. It couldnt happen because to make you able to fly would require taking up twice as much server space as now. That and it would be a little bit tacky lol.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

erm sinless_ hero please read what the post is about. i clearly state that the wings DO NOT make your character fly they are there as a cool thing you can wear.

flava0flalcon, thank you for you ideas i am going to stick with +3 prayer now as the monsters are quite hard and 30 ashes

also i will be adding pictures by the end of this week i hope, this would give you alla better idea of my vision.

erm sinless_ hero please read what the post is about. i clearly state that the wings DO NOT make your character fly they are there as a cool thing you can wear.

flava0flalcon, thank you for you ideas i am going to stick with +3 prayer now as the monsters are quite hard and 30 ashes

also i will be adding pictures by the end of this week i hope, this would give you alla better idea of my vision.

ok if you mind post here after you add pictures :wink:

sry guy, but this idea has been proposed like a thousand times. It couldnt happen because to make you able to fly would require taking up twice as much server space as now. That and it would be a little bit tacky lol.
You know what is really tacky? People who don't read through a thread before they post.

OT: I support, but I think the wings should have a decent prayer bonus, but the quest monsters should have less weaknesses/more strengths.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

What would the stat bonuses for these wings be?

Know whats even tackier? Proposing an idea posted 10 gazillion times. And tackier then that? DCRS nubs.
Something that tops this list? People who use the word "nub".

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

I think you should be able to afterwards go back to the cave altar and find flyten dead ( the wings when you lost them would magically fly to your house where you could pick them up). If you search flyten's body, you get: amulet of flyten, robes of flyten, book of flyten. Thye would all be sort of light green, but transparent kinda. Like jade.(Would be like like green ghostly robes)

The Amulet of Flyten:

+1 to all attack and defense bonuses

+0 strength

+1 prayer

The Robes of Flyten:

+8 to all attack and defense bonuses

+2 strength

+5 prayer

The Book of Flyten:

+2 to all defense and attack bonuses

+1 strength

+1 prayer

When all worn together, (with wings too) you will be able to unlock a special area, Aisengard. Yes, this is from Norse Mythology, meaning Heaven. Here, it would be like a special area, where you could bird-fish, use a special funace in same room as bank,( one-click bank chest) and have access to other close facilities (spinning wheel, grainery, etc) nearby to bank. You could also talk to the scholars there, as they are all interested in "Midgard." (the ground below). If you talk to the Head Scholar, he will ask you to bring him 10 books from Midgard, and in return, he will unlock a house portal and a teleportation option to Aisengard.(requires 65 magic, 1 law, 10 airs). When you Bird-fish, you catch birds, just as you might catch fish. You just need the same ammount of hunting lvls as fishing lvls as you do for catching the fish. (Example: Lobirds=lobsters, 40 hunting needed). Also, from Aisengard,you may fly to the teleport options, (varrock,falador,etc). It does not matter what magic book you are on, you may fly to all, providin g you have done the quests. Also, whilst wearing "full Flyten" your character will hover above the ground, will not move faster or slower, and you must still climb over obstacles and the like. the only difference would be how your character looks while walking/running.

Please read the whole thing, even if it is a bit long. The poster may use all these idea, as long as he provides due credit, and oh yeah...SUPPORT!

EDIT: I changed the stats now so It isn't way overpowered