Zaros. A new god to all of us followers?

iman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? It's a game, the gods are just there for the armour which you wear because it looks nice. :P
doubt its jsut for the armor and weapons...how about storyline? quests? mini games? varrock museum? i cant think of more probably :-k .

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

I know who's zar .. oh i mean miauw! :-$

well quoted :lol:

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Who cares? It's a game, the gods are just there for the armour which you wear because it looks nice. :P

God spells, anyone? God capes? Castle Wars? Prayer? Ancient Magicks? Quests? Storyline? History and Lores?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

To me, Zaros does sound like an evil name.

Maybe Jagex will introduce new spells if they bring Zaros into the bigger picture.

more ancient spells? god they've practically taken over castle wars as it is! :?

ot: he has started to make a very small comeback, beginning with the meusem update.

Popoto.~<3

Zaros is the first 'evil god' as we know of. He fought against Armdyl in the God Wars. Zamorak was a leading general of Zaros' army and one day he with some loyalists, betrayed Zaros and killed him. Zaros' godly power was transfered into Zamorak thus making him a god.

Saradomin was a leading general in Armdyl's army but I'm not sure how he became a god.

Ancient magik was used by Zaros.

Well if he is surely evil to you, why would Saradominists rebuild Zaros's city? This has nothing to do with it but its better then sayin nuttin

It could of been captured, as said so by the new Varrock Musuem.

What?! That isn't true. Armadyl and Zaros were freinds, unlike saradomin aand zamorak. There wasn't a god wars between them, there has only been one god war and thats been betweeen saradomin and zamorak. Zamorak was a general in majherrat, a clan of people ruled by zaros, in which zamorak betrayed zaros, traping him to oblivion ith armadyls staff. Armadyl left after zaros was banished, and then came saradomin and zamorak.

Please read the runescape history BEFORE you post things like that, and don't post your opinions without facts to support them. And if someone already corrected this, im sorry, but i just ahd to sya somenthign....

Zaros is the first 'evil god' as we know of. He fought against Armdyl in the God Wars. Zamorak was a leading general of Zaros' army and one day he with some loyalists, betrayed Zaros and killed him. Zaros' godly power was transfered into Zamorak thus making him a god.

Saradomin was a leading general in Armdyl's army but I'm not sure how he became a god.

Ancient magik was used by Zaros.

Well if he is surely evil to you, why would Saradominists rebuild Zaros's city? This has nothing to do with it but its better then sayin nuttin

It could of been captured, as said so by the new Varrock Musuem.

What?! That isn't true. Armadyl and Zaros were freinds, unlike saradomin aand zamorak. There wasn't a god wars between them, there has only been one god war and thats been betweeen saradomin and zamorak. Zamorak was a general in majherrat, a clan of people ruled by zaros, in which zamorak betrayed zaros, traping him to oblivion ith armadyls staff. Armadyl left after zaros was banished, and then came saradomin and zamorak.

Please read the runescape history BEFORE you post things like that, and don't post your opinions without facts to support them. And if someone already corrected this, im sorry, but i just ahd to sya somenthign....

Well Mr. Iknoweverything, some proof?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

lol, fair enough...

And i don't know everyhtign, i just ahve a master's degree on Zamorak :)

And here is your proof:

Wikipedia:

Armadyl

Very little information about this god has been disclosed by Jagex. In the world of RuneScape, Armadyl is thought to be the god of purity[7] or good[6] by many players. He is thought to be the main enemy of Zaros, and has some sort of relation to Saradomin.[6] Though, there are no evidence that he is Zaros enemy.

[edit] Zaros

Zaros, or the Empty Lord, was once a major god as well. He is thought to be the god of pure evil by many players [7], but although he came into direct conflict with Armadyl, he is not necessarily evil, and his alignment has not been revealed as of yet. As Zaros came long before Guthix was known, Zaros was more powerful than any other single deity, and threatened to take total control of Gielinor; however, he could not overcome the power of all the other gods. At the same time that this conflict between the gods was brewing, some of Zaros' Mahjarrat minions, including Zamorak, attempted to overthrow Zaros, while other Mahjarrat, including Azzanadra remained faithful to Zaros. A mortal follower of Saradomin aided them by giving a powerful god-weapon, the Staff of Armadyl, to Zamorak in the hope that he could defeat Zaros. Zamorak fought Zaros, and the battle resulted in Zaros getting stabbed by the staff, losing some of his power, forced into another dimension, and Zamorak becoming a god. It is not known whether Zaros is alive or dead, but several quests and various hints given out by Jagex suggest that he may return.We also learn that Zamorak is actually afraid of Zaros during a quest in game.

Many think "Bob The Jagex Cat" is Zaros because when talking to him using the "Amulet of Catspeak", he may say, "I know of everything because I am Zar...erm...Uhh...Meow." However, Jagex released a Quest in which it was proven that Bob was not Zaros, but a man named Robert the Strong. Even so, it was not disclosed whether "Bob The Jagex Cat" and "Evil Bob" who appears during a random event are one in the same.

......................................................................................................

Demigods and Mahjarrat

A demigod, meaning half-god, refers to a person whose one parent was a god and the other was a human. The Mahjarrat are a race of supernaturally powerful beings who play roles in Runescape's history and are depicted as having powers comparable to demigods.

[edit] Azzandra

A Mahjarrat, he remained loyal to Zaros threw out Zamaroks rebellion and fought against Zamaroks men. In the God Wars he was thought to be invincable so he was sealed into a pyramid out in the desert useing four crystals which were stolen by four Zamarok servents. In the 'Desert Treasure' quest you must collect the crystals and free Azzandra who resembles a ghost wearing brown armor and a helmet in the shape of a Jackal head. He in turn teachs you Ancient Magiks.

[edit] Iban

In RuneScape, Iban plays the role of a very powerful and ambitious Black Knight. He is known as the "Son of Zamorak". [7]He was first introduced in the Underground Passage Quest. He was known to be a very powerful and merciless ruler. This brings in the Iban Staff, known as one of the most powerful staves in RuneScape. Players must defeat him during a quest by collecting different parts of his life and destroying them by throwing them in the Well of Life. Despite his being referred to as the "Son of Zamorak", Iban is not literally his son.

[edit] Hazeel

Hazeel is a mighty mahjarrat war lord. Hazeel overthrew the developing city of Ardougne early in the fourth age. The anscestors of the Carnillean family slew the warlord, and took his mansion and property as their own. Anticipating death, Hazeel created a scroll with the power to resurect himself and stashed it away inside his mansion. In the 'Hazeel Cult' quest, you can either help resurect or postpone the resurection of Hazeel. Now reborn (even if it wasn't because of your help), Hazeel is traveling northwards to meet his fellow Mahjarrat and plan for the second god war. Hazeel slew many of Zaros's guards during Zamorak's battle with the Empty Lord.

[edit] Lucien

Lucien is a Mahjarrat and the only major Zamorak follower not to join in the attack of Zaros's castle. His alliances and loyalties are questionable, but it seems likely that he is loyal to Zamorak. He was rumoured to be Zaros in disguise, but these rumours were dispelled by a Jagex member. He wants the Staff of Armadyl for reasons unknown. He is a brilliant mage and necromancer, but is quite weak physically, as he is level 13 and wields an iron dagger. You can either help him attain the Staff of Armadyl or slay him in the 'Temple of Ikov' quest, though even if you succeed in the latter, he will not "die", and will be brought back from Frenskae.

[edit] Akthanakos

Akthanakos is a Mahjarrat depicted as a man with a camel's head. Like Azzanadra, he remained loyal to Zaros during Zamorak's coup. He was imprisoned by Enakhra, a powerful sorceress and early Zamorakian follower. Akthanakos is the namesake of the aggressive ugthanki camels that inhabit the desert between Al Kharid and Pollnivneach, and possibly the reason for their outwardly hostile nature a well.

Runescape Databse:

The Third Age - The God Wars

The Third Age was about four thousand years long and also known as the time of the God Wars. Stories tell of great and powerful entities and agents of the gods fighting cataclysmic wars during which time humanity could only just cling to survival. The end of the Third Age was said to be denoted by an agreement made by the great gods Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak not to fight their wars on this fragile land for fear they would totally destroy it. They agreed to hold influence on RuneScape only through their worshippers and servants among the lesser races.

There is all the proof you need of the Majherrat, who was in the god wars and how amny there were, the realationship between the 'good' and 'bad' entities and everyhtign else. the onyl claim i could not find information to support was the friendly relationship between zaros and armadyl. However, i have proof that they are NOT enemies like saradomin and zamorak is.

Moral of the day: Never question a person who's name has Fabio in it, especially if he has a master's degree on the subject.

i like violins. :boohoo:

He threatens to take over RuneScape but can't against the power of the other gods, and you think they're bests of friends?

Zaros=God of Darkness

Armadyl=God of Light

I mean, we both know there's no proof of them being enemies or friends, I highly doubt they were buddies.

BTW God Wars, God War, same crap.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

There is all the proof you need of the Majherrat, who was in the god wars and how amny there were, the realationship between the 'good' and 'bad' entities and everyhtign else. the onyl claim i could not find information to support was the friendly relationship between zaros and armadyl. However, i have proof that they are NOT enemies like saradomin and zamorak is.

i like violins. :boohoo:

OMG, REad the whole frekaing post. I just said that they weren't the best of freinds, but the point was that they weren't enemies as you stated in your first post.

Second, im gonna ignore your first statmenet in your latest post because... Welll, i don't respond to stupid things.

Third, your last statement is (you geussed it) STUPID becuase in yuor first post. You were tlaking about armadyl being the leader of the good side, and having zamorak fight for him against zaros. I thought you meant there were 2 different god wars, but form your last post, i relaize you meant armadyl and zaros were just included in the only god war.

Hoever, the point is that zaros and armadyl were never in it.

Please, i donb't like amkig big argements in pblic, so if you feel heneed to respond fo soem reason, pm me. and if yo do, why? wht else coudl yu now qustion?

I'd also like to inform, yu tha u are ereason why m typing is dradin in quality, and, once agin, i like violins. :boohoo:

I think of Ghostly Robes.Ancient Magicks. And an awesome god. I am a loyal Zaros follower. I dunno why, maybe because his name sounds so freakin' cool. But so does Zamorak's... :? Decisions, decisions. Nah, Zaros sounds cooler.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

lol, fair enough...

And i don't know everyhtign, i just ahve a master's degree on Zamorak :)

And here is your proof:

Wikipedia:

As Zaros came long before Guthix was known,

guthix is the creater of geilinor according to the histories

:-k wikipedia is edited by anyone who wants too

I thought... why would a god of such power be brought down by zamorack?

I followed him for a while, but now I am an atheist in Runescape (Christian in real life though)

no your agnostic you dont belive in any gods atheist means you dont belive threres no god and in runescape thats just silly

I know its silly, but I believe that there are no gods on Runescape because

one: they are not allowed to influence the world.

2: Guthix, I believe, is just the physical manifestation of nature.

3: The gods are not "gods" just super powerful beings that came to Gielnor to take control. THus, they are more like Heracules (pregod) than Zeus.

4: beings like Ichthlarin were not there when Guthix created the world, but rather came over with the people of Freneskae as well.

5: Beings like Azzandra are immortal and impervious, but they can be stopped by magicks and not by god powers.

Thus, there are no gods in Runescape...

to recap: Guthix is the personification of Nature and not a god, Zaros and Sara and Zammy and others came over from Freneskae and are killable, thus not gods.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I know its silly, but I believe that there are no gods on Runescape because

one: they are not allowed to influence the world.

2: Guthix, I believe, is just the physical manifestation of nature.

3: The gods are not "gods" just super powerful beings that came to Gielnor to take control. THus, they are more like Heracules (pregod) than Zeus.

4: beings like Ichthlarin were not there when Guthix created the world, but rather came over with the people of Freneskae as well.

5: Beings like Azzandra are immortal and impervious, but they can be stopped by magicks and not by god powers.

Thus, there are no gods in Runescape...

to recap: Guthix is the personification of Nature and not a god, Zaros and Sara and Zammy and others came over from Freneskae and are killable, thus not gods.

Umm...Azzandra and ichthlarin are "demi-gods".

Zamorak was not a god until he "killed" (even though he might still be alive) Zaros with the staff of armadyl and by doing that got powers.

Well i don't feel like starting to tell you about each of the gods and "demi-gods" so i will just put it that way - the gods of RuneScape are not like the gods in real life because the gods in real life are immortal and more powerful than a man can imagine but in RuneScape the gods are just super mega strong...Or atleast the main gods and some of the others (like armadyl and zaros).

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

no no! heres what I mean!

That the gods (not really, but I don't have a better name for them) of Runescape are not gods because they can be killed/imprisoned almost forever/came from a realm in which they are not gods/fearful of each other.

Zaros was a king of sorts, and ruled in a fuedalistic way. Amandyl was a rogue lord, Saradomin, I believe was similar to Amandyl and generally sticked with him. And Guthix slept like the personification nature he is.

THEY ARE NOT GODS JUST SUPER POWERFUL BEINGS THAT CAN BE KILLED AND REMOVED FROM ANY POSITION LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!!

Important^^^^^^

I bet, a player, with the right weapon, will kill any majharrat. If you recall, the greatest part of a majharrat's strength was his magic, anicient/normal/lunar etc. Any person can be called a god if that person exhibits godlike powers. Our word Demon comes from the Greek word Demonos (sp is worng, but I forget) and that means god (not as in God). A Demon was Zammy's lieutenant! not one of the Majharrat! Thus, they are not gods, but demon like creatures.

Azzandra and Icthlarin were both (and are) majharrat. Thus, in the world they came from, they were very vulnerable, like a human in a group of humans. Now its: Ultra high powered person in the midst of rats. Demons were hardly gods when taken in the correct view. And those gods that people worship in Runescape are no more than mighty HUMANS with powers tapped that has changed them into something more.

Demons and humans will not and cannot, be my gods.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

no no! heres what I mean!

That the gods (not really, but I don't have a better name for them) of Runescape are not gods because they can be killed/imprisoned almost forever/came from a realm in which they are not gods/fearful of each other.

Zaros was a king of sorts, and ruled in a fuedalistic way. Amandyl was a rogue lord, Saradomin, I believe was similar to Amandyl and generally sticked with him. And Guthix slept like the personification nature he is.

THEY ARE NOT GODS JUST SUPER POWERFUL BEINGS THAT CAN BE KILLED AND REMOVED FROM ANY POSITION LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!!

Important^^^^^^

I bet, a player, with the right weapon, will kill any majharrat. If you recall, the greatest part of a majharrat's strength was his magic, anicient/normal/lunar etc. Any person can be called a god if that person exhibits godlike powers. Our word Demon comes from the Greek word Demonos (sp is worng, but I forget) and that means god (not as in God). A Demon was Zammy's lieutenant! not one of the Majharrat! Thus, they are not gods, but demon like creatures.

Azzandra and Icthlarin were both (and are) majharrat. Thus, in the world they came from, they were very vulnerable, like a human in a group of humans. Now its: Ultra high powered person in the midst of rats. Demons were hardly gods when taken in the correct view. And those gods that people worship in Runescape are no more than mighty HUMANS with powers tapped that has changed them into something more.

Demons and humans will not and cannot, be my gods.

actually guthix and saradomin are gods, guthix created geilinor, a human cannot do that can he? i don't think so.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif