Egad, I screwed something up-Many failed-Will you fix it?

InkofDeath

omgld3.png

^As you can see, the msn icon is large, and so is the WhatPulse icon as well....my entire toolbar is like this.

All I did was go to desktop>rightclick>properties>settings>advanced..and then

omg2gb6.png

omg3id9.png

omg4in7.png

omg5jv8.png

omg7nk6.png

K, well, the icons on the toolbar are large, so are the icons here:

omg6my4.png

Honestly I got no idea what I did....I'd like it to be small the icons..back to their original size...screen resolution is 800x600 btw.

Go back to that area and tell me what your DPI thing is set to (one of the first things that should appear)... I checked that and it looks like if that's at one of the larger numbers, that might do it (mine defaults to 96, but has an option for 120...).

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Go back to that area and tell me what your DPI thing is set to (one of the first things that should appear)... I checked that and it looks like if that's at one of the larger numbers, that might do it (mine defaults to 96, but has an option for 120...).

mines 96. =(

Pleae, I'm begging, someone figure this out. Its getting annoying having this HUGE bar at the bottom. Its like having a monster trucks on a Ford.-.-

Just checking, was that "normal size" for your system?

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

My first thought was that it might be something to do with "Accessibility Options" which are special settings for people with disabilities, in this case sight. However, on my computer I wasn't able to find any accessibility options that would increase the icon size like that. You still may want to check it out though. You can get to accessibility options from the control panel.

Pixeloaded.jpg

My first thought was that it might be something to do with "Accessibility Options" which are special settings for people with disabilities, in this case sight. However, on my computer I wasn't able to find any accessibility options that would increase the icon size like that. You still may want to check it out though. You can get to accessibility options from the control panel.

Tried it.

I've basically gonna everywhere on my computer, and either I'm missing something or a ghost has possessed my computer. -.-

i had a problem with my internet something along the lines of this...

system restores can work only on some occasions... if you do them from regular started mode...

the only way for a system restore to truly work is if you restart you pc. whenever it shows the windows xp or whatever operating system you have hold in f8, this should bring u to some options. click down or up arrow until you get to start pc with safe mode it will have your operating system here as well press enter on safemode ...

you will get your sign in box. click administrator. you might get a pop up saying something about safe mode click yes.

then perform a system restore to the date before this happened

problem should be fixed

hope i helped

Eventually >.<

ill_i%20ill%20iz.png

Ill_I_Ill_Iz.png

DON~

Why haven't you tried changing your resolution to 1024 x 768? 800 x 600 is bigger. Are you positive that your resolution has always been 800 x 600? :-s

My screen size has always been 800x600, I can play runescape at the largest with it.

The system restore thing didn't quite work...and it took a day to 'restore' everything-.-...although my comp isn't as laggy lol.

To change the start menus icons I would right click the start menu hit properties-start menu-customize-small icons mayb?

Those only do the start menu stuff though. This is the task bar we're dealing with.

I had tried that myself, and I can tell you that isn't going to work.

f475e02ecc.png

My vote would be on DPI as well... but it looks like you tried that? (isn't 72 normal though?)

I have a large LCD monitor that runs 1024x768 default, so it defaulted me to DPI 96. If he's running an 800x600 monitor, 72 DPI would seem appropriate if the correlation is present.

f475e02ecc.png

Right click on your desktop. Properties -> Appearance -> Effects, untick Large icons.

That will change the large icons on the desktop as for the tool bar ones they are are definitely adjusted in the accessibility wizard (I know I've mucked up the way windows looks enough times #-o ). If that still doesn't work you've really stumped me.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Right click on your desktop. Properties -> Appearance -> Effects, untick Large icons.

That will change the large icons on the desktop as for the tool bar ones they are are definitely adjusted in the accessibility wizard (I know I've mucked up the way windows looks enough times #-o ). If that still doesn't work you've really stumped me.

That better not be it lol, it seems too simple. :wall: :lol:

I bet the problem is something extremely simple we're all overlooking. I'm stumped though. I'll keep thinking about it and look around the web and let you know if I find anything.

Pixeloaded.jpg