Manhunt 2 Banned in the UK and Ireland! USA barely lets in!

Mayjest

Yea you are right the plot is amazingly done aswel

and its a game aimed at an older audience.

The ad i have now is about hostel part 2 which is fake ofcourse but its REAL PEOPLE acting not some guy you play on a game...how are they legal and this not ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But whats to say that adults shouldnt be aloud to play this game.

If you can suggest a way in which adults only will be playing this game, suggest it. There's no way you can stop the idiot parents who buy games for their underage children.

I'd prefer no-one playing it than both children and adults playing it.

So just because some kid may play it, means that you'd rather that the game be banned. Sorry I fail to agree with that logic.

Because thats the same kid that grows up to shoot you in the head or someone else in the head.

Don't get me wrong, if you raise your kids wrong, they are raised wrong, but atleast we can stop it from going too far by not letting them have extreemly violent video games.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

If you can suggest a way in which adults only will be playing this game, suggest it. There's no way you can stop the idiot parents who buy games for their underage children.

So just because some kid may play it, means that you'd rather that the game be banned. Sorry I fail to agree with that logic.

Because thats the same kid that grows up to shoot you in the head or someone else in the head.

Don't get me wrong, if you raise your kids wrong, they are raised wrong, but atleast we can stop it from going too far by not letting them have extreemly violent video games.

~Defender~

Okay so because I play violent games like Punisher I'm gonna grow up and shoot someone?

You fail. Its the parents who we must blame for the screwed up kid, NOT GAMES!

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

~Defender~

Okay so because I play violent games like Punisher I'm gonna grow up and shoot someone?

You fail. Its the parents who we must blame for the screwed up kid, NOT GAMES!

No I do not fail. Just because video games violent like these does not effect you, does not mean they will also not effect everyone else. Not everyone is raised right to know right from wrong. Not everyone has a stable mind. Not everyone is good willed.

With that logic, you could hurt alot of people. Look at pokemon for example, in some scences on the cartoon show, people got that eye disorder (forgot the name of it) which sent them to the hospital.

Had someone said "well it didn't hurt my eyes", and sent the show on the air anyway results in kids being hurt.

Do you really believe because it doesn't hurt you, its not going to hurt the other 999,999,999 kids out there in some way or form? I hope not.

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

*sigh* Defender, as I had said its the parents fault, if a child had mental problems and had started to show them at an early age (yes all children show them early on), it rests with the parents.

Did games result in the matter of a mother raping her daughter? Most likely not, did they also affect the uncle with raped his neice? No. Honestly I'd rather have the 1 in 1 million chance o a killing related to this game than the game not reaching the shelves.

I'm not saying I'd play this game, I most likely won't but I don't want the chance of others getting to play it ruined.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

"Mommy, can I buy this Manhu...Manhunt game?"

"Sure Jimmy, whatever you want!"

Cashier says "You realize this game is for adults only right?"

Mom:"Mmmmhhmmm, just sell it already"

Cashier:"Ok, whatever you say"

2 months later Jimmy has turned into a vicious 8 year old. The mom sues Rockstar for it, when it was here fault that the child got their hands on the game in the first place.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Given that situation, the cashier should have flat out refused to sell it to her knowing that the little kid was going to be playing it.

But most likely he would have lost his job.

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Defender..in all stores, it is required by law that the cashier inform the parents if the game is above an M rating..and not to sell it to the kid without the parent's permission. The ESRB does it's job by putting the rating and content descriptors on the back and front..in a white box that seems to be the focal point of the case! It is the PARENTS job to make sure the kid is responsible and 'ok' enough to play the game.

So..if a kid gets ahold of Manhunt, and goes on a killing spree..who's fault is it?

ESRB? No, they clearly said the game was rated m for mature audiences (mind you, they have a board near every game distributor..and commercials for the website)..and said why it was rated 17+.

Gaming Company? No, they sent it into the ESRB to be rated.

Store? No, they warned the parent about the rating.

Parent? YES. They knew everything about the game, yet they let the child play it.

I say, allow video games of any caliber. People of the appropriate audience shouldn't be stopped from playing games because some kid's parent's are too ignorant and let him play 'Killing Spree: This time, he has a chainsaw 2: Return of the Butcher'.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Given that situation, the cashier should have flat out refused to sell it to her knowing that the little kid was going to be playing it.

~Defender~

as it has been said above:

he wouldn't have lost his job for not selling something like that, in most places it's illegal to sell games to someone who isn't in the correct age range, just like it's illegal to sell cigarettes to a minor

~Defender~

he wouldn't have lost his job for not selling something like that, in most places it's illegal to sell games to someone who isn't in the correct age range, just like it's illegal to sell cigarettes to a minor

He wasn't selling it to the kid, he was selling it to the parent.

jjroxlu7.jpg

~Defender~

He wasn't selling it to the kid, he was selling it to the parent.

Good point there. I say he should sell it anyways. The parent obviously knows that the child is responsible enough..and unless the parent says 'He's gonna play manhunt 2', then you can't object..the employee did his job by warning the parent. All he can do now is sell it, or give a stricter warning.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg