When does construction become usefull?

13lister

I was recently told by my friend that Construction was created to take alot of money out of the game. There was so much money coming into thegame because of alching and the Runescape economy was starting to crash because everyone had so much money.

So they created construction as a skill to remove some of the money from the game, correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't 99 construction costaroun 200m??? I'm not sure if this is 100% concrete but from what i heard it's not a bad theory.

Anyone else care to elaborate on this? Or is my friend just chatting a load of BS?

Im back =]

Construction was made so there would be a way for people with too much money to pump that money out of circulation. The first player to get 99 construction was rumoured to spend almost half a billion gp to power his way through these levels.

It's possible to max that skill without spending anything, but that would take a ridiculously long time of limestone mining. If done with oak planks, the costs should be close to 100m... which is actually cheaper than farming and herblore (at their fastest methods of training).

And to answer the topic question...

Construction becomes useful at level 75 (or 69 with tea and c saw), when you can build a gilded altar and rent that out for people in need of fast prayer levels. You can also make other useful things by that level already, like the glory amulet on wall, teletab lecterns, portal rooms... and fun stuff too, like dungeons and games rooms.

dontfearthereaper2.png

As stated before the gilded alter with the best burners (marble if i am correct) is the best reason for leveling construction. One other thing i like is that it is a quick way to get those 1gp items like a spade, hammer, flour, various moulds etc. And of course storage for my full ham, mime, camo. Gave me a lot of space in my bank again :thumbsup:.

Also don't forget the possibility to repair your barrows items.

I dont see much reason to go past the level where you can make the gilded marble altar (75). I am working towards 70 (for tea+crystal saw to make the altar and thats it).

I bought the best storage items for the costume room from someone who had bothered to raise their cons to 99 and that took care of my bank space needs without costing much more than the raw materials for those items.

I also have 2 studies to make all possible tablets, 2 portal rooms for all teleports + location in relleka for a teleport in that area). Total cost for all this: expecting less than 5M. Dont need any throne rooms or oubliettes or anything like that.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.