Funfact: How fast is ur person moving?!

Guest Rob

Ok, i thought this up inbed:

The land on earth is around 10000 miles across

It takes around 40 mins 2 WALK across RS

40 dived by 10000= Just over 5000

This means your person WALKS OVER 5000 MPH

the land of geilinor isn't as big as runescape. and this has no way to have discussion. it's a worthless topic. plus your calculations are way off, if it was true it would be 5000 miles per 40 minutes.

EDIT: nice quote lunar.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

You're also comparing two different measurements. You're assuming in your calculations that the diameter of the earth and the "diameter" of Runescape are equal. There was a thread recently on the size of Runescape, and it was nowhere near the size of our earth. It might have been as big as a small country in Europe or Africa or something. Therefore your calculations are probably off.

Good effort though. :wink:

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Runescape isn't a whole world yet... it's just the known/explored area so far.

I assume the RS planet is about the same size as Earth since the gravity is very close.

all that black stuff really adds up eh? gravity is also determined by the object the planet it is orbiting, if it is smaller, the gravity will decrease, bigger, it will increase, so geilinor could just be orbiting a huge star.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I assume the RS planet is about the same size as Earth since the gravity is very close.

all that black stuff really adds up eh? gravity is also determined by the object the planet it is orbiting, if it is smaller, the gravity will decrease, bigger, it will increase, so geilinor could just be orbiting a huge star.

Where did you learn your physics? lol

Gravity on Earth is almost exclusively determined by the density of the planet (and to a lesser extent, the oribt of the Moon and by a tiny almost inconceivable amount, the star).

Runescape could be a much larger or much smaller world, depending on the density of the planet. There are limitations however, but I won't get into it.

Harrington.gif

Gravity on Earth is almost exclusively determined by the density of the planet (and to a lesser extent, the oribt of the Moon and by a tiny almost inconceivable amount, the star).

Runescape could be a much larger or much smaller world, depending on the density of the planet. There are limitations however, but I won't get into it.

uhh college physics class for college credit. the gravity of the star affects the planets gravity more than you think, but for my scenerio, the star would have to be bigger than any ever discovered. but everyone knows that physics don't apply in runescape. it's completely illogical.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

uhh college physics class for college credit. the gravity of the star affects the planets gravity more than you think, but for my scenerio, the star would have to be bigger than any ever discovered. but everyone knows that physics don't apply in runescape. it's completely illogical.

Yeah, but were such a large star to exist... how could an orbiting planet support life? Surely the star would be too energetic, hot and radioactive lol.

I think it's safe to assume that the RS map as we know it, is simply a small explored section of a much larger world.

Harrington.gif

hes movin at 7500 mph

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

The thing is, Varrock is about this size of a real city block, as area all of the other cities in RuneScape. Therefore, RuneScape would probably be about the size of a small town :shock:

Exactly. My small town would probably take me 15 - 20 minutes to walk through, not counting outlying rural areas.

It makes me wonder, then... That means that the arctic, complete with penguins, is only a few city blocks away from a sun-scorched desert!

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

:shock: Lol if we moved that fast wouldn't we barely make out the vision in the screen. :? Think about it...Your moving 5-7.5 thousand mph and you can clearly see a bird or butterfly and stop suddenly. =; Then again we can teleport...

Gravity is all about the density of the plannet. Take a neutron star as the most extreme example shoort of a black whole. Your average size neutron star is about 12 km in diamater. It also has most of the mass of the super red giant that it was born from. Your average neutron star would rip a human apart via gravimetric forces at considerable distance (at least hundreds of km's.

Also the escape velocity from the surface of your average neutron star is 150,00 km/s or half the speed of light. I thnk we can all now accept that gravity is a pretty [cabbage]y way of mesuring an objects size.

Now if you assume your charecter is say 5ft tall, he/she looks like they could cover about 2.5 tiles lying down (off the top of my head), we can now figure out 1 tile of the world = 2ft. Of course I think my charecter is proboly closer to 6 feet and may cover almost 3 tiles lying down, but Im not logged in and I dont care to figure it out right now. But now you know how tigure out how big rs is, just count the tiles :D

Have Fun!

Somebody did calculations on this forum (I don't know where) and concluded that Gilenor is about 20 miles across. This was done based on the observatory's coordinate system.
Ehh...who can run 20 miles in 40 minutes?

hes movin at 7500 mph

wow, you actually believed him? and that number is completely out of the blue, at least he has reasons, even if they are confused.

noo... take 5000 devide by 40 take the 125 multiply by 60 7500

and it takes more than 40 minutes.. take 30 to walk to c wars from varrock...

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

You're also comparing two different measurements. You're assuming in your calculations that the diameter of the earth and the "diameter" of Runescape are equal. There was a thread recently on the size of Runescape, and it was nowhere near the size of our earth. It might have been as big as a small country in Europe or Africa or something. Therefore your calculations are probably off.

Good effort though. :wink:

~Lunar

^^^

lolpcboatsx3.png