[Wallpaper] Migration

KakashiX

Not meaning to sound like a complete [wagon] here, but the only part I like with this piece, is the sky. It has a sort of depth I like.

What irks me the most is that you basically only used premade brushes - granted, I have done that as well, but I don't no longer. And I personally think it's a real turn-off.

The clouds look way too formal/repetitive (correct word?). Like, you can really see that you used the same brush almost.. I would make them a lot more "filled" near the bottom-left, and then sort of fade them to the right part.

Not liking the font very much either...

Other than that, I'm liking the concept. I just think you could've executed it better.

(my apologies for the dodgy post, I've just slept)

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Not meaning to sound like a complete wagon here, but the only part I like with this piece, is the sky. It has a sort of depth I like.

What irks me the most is that you basically only used premade brushes - granted, I have done that as well, but I don't no longer. And I personally think it's a real turn-off.

The clouds look way too formal/repetitive (correct word?). Like, you can really see that you used the same brush almost.. I would make them a lot more "filled" near the bottom-left, and then sort of fade them to the right part.

Not liking the font very much either...

Other than that, I'm liking the concept. I just think you could've executed it better.

(my apologies for the dodgy post, I've just slept)

// Azvi.

No worries :). I made my own brushes, not premade ones that are downloaded. I said the same in the other thread cause Keiphus said what you did also, and I completely understand what you guys mean :P. Font couldn't be helped with cause the cpus at school are pretty limited when it comes to that. I'll try to fix up the repetitiveness in the future.

Thanks for the comments :)

Hope you don't mind me being brutally honest..

Scrap it. Compared to the other one, this is just garbage. The doves are like stock PS stamps... I'd rather have seen you make your own. The clouds, although they are your own brushes, look like a tiled texture. Also, as sub said, there is no apparent lightsource; save the one suggested by the planets shadows... but it isnt conveyed through the whole scene. You seem to have a good grasp on colors and stuff, I think you have alot of potential but maybe you're just being lazy? Push the limits and do what you don't know how to do. Expirement, it's how you learn. Good luck.