*UPDATED V.3* Barbarian Assault Tips and Tricks

Hooya2

I too love the Barbarian Assault minigame. THough I knew everthing on this guide, you ahve some great tips for people who don't play it much. Like dancing with the queen. I do that during my queen battles. It really helps. Good guide. 9/10. :thumbsup:

So i suppose i hired this guy to say that dancing with the queen works?

and for you "I mean ONLY kill them with the cannon" comment, that's EXACTLY WHAT I DID in my second test. And, big surprise, i didn't lose any points for it.

Hmm, funny how you said you killed SOME with cannon. Now you say you killed ALL with cannon? And just dancing undeer it dosn't stop the queen from shooting.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The test was simple; i played wave one through once, acting as a defender, and killed both runners with the traps. I then took a picture of the advanced breakdown. Having done that, I then reset my wave and did wave one again. This time i prevented the runners from escaping, but did not kill either of them; instead, i let the cannon take them both. I myself didn't use the cannon. Another player--it could have been any of them, but it was NOT a defender--shot both runners to death. I then took a picture of that advanced breakdown also.

In what part of that do i say that only some of the runners were killed with the cannon on the second trial? Oh, wait, i see: you play the game so little that you don't know there are only 2 runners on the first wave. And you still, of course, haven't actually tried any of my suggestions. Well, heres another quote for you

Intentionally posting false arguments, intentionally misquoting other users, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to incite a negative reaction, annoy others or disrupt a discussion is also prohibited.

That's from the forum rules. Basically, this means that i don't have to put up with mindless flaming. I've offered evidence for my claims: 2 other players have given testimony that dancing with the queen works, and i've posted pictures proving the cannon doesn't cost you points, which was also supported by testimony from another player. Your repeated statements of "your wrong, that doesn't work" aren't helping to progress this discussion in any way.

If your next post doesn't either have an apology or some kind of evidence--videos, pictures, or testimony from other players--I will report you for flaming this thred.

racistmodhq9.png Racist Mod (may or may not have been taken out of context)

Figuring out what to put in my signature just takes too much work.

If your still reading this, your a noob.

lol

Like i said,. I cannot post pics. Anyways, Ican tell you are running out of excuses. I will say one last thing, since your ignorance won't allow you to try my suggestion, I will leave you with this. To further my point, if you examine then queen closely, you will see that its attak does not "start" at the outside of her body. It is actully near the middle, though slightly more to its back. Just standing in anywhere else uner her, you risk getting shot and meleed. If you stand there, she will magically melee you with her head. Anyways, disagreeing, and stating the facts is not flamming. But I will stop posting since there is no way to get anything into your head. Your ignorance is simply appauling. You manage to somehow find ways to try aand blockme in. Why would i waste my time getting a video just to prove you wrong. I also can't upload pics anymore. And how am I going to get testimonials are you say, on YOUR THREAD. You'd blame me for spamming. Good Luck on keeping this alive.

Owned_Nex.png

Why must you argue about something so petty. If you want to continue debating about this then please P.M. each other but keep it off this thread.

Better yet why don't you both meet each other in game and play the mini game together so the debate finally ends. :)

All in all nice guide I have yet try the mini game.

queenvalerie.png

You call arguing over the nature of the scientific method petty? Well, ok, yeah maybe i am overreacting just a little. I guess i don't like people to tell me I'm wrong :?

*tries to handle being told-off by a mod in a mature fashion*

I'm glad I'm getting mainly such positive reviews; i was afraid everyone was going to tell me there was already one strategy guide that was like 50 times better on these forums, since the game's been out so long.

lol

Ahright, we had a bet, and I lost.

So, I admit that killing the runners with cannon DOES NOT lower your count.

You can try to dance with the queen and it works for a few seconds, but works nevertheless.

Also,sorry for spamming ur thread.

There goes my 100k...

Owned_Nex.png

np, and thanks for posting

Really, arguing over this has led me to put a lot more attention into this guide than i otherwise would have; it was your denying that led me to add the pics, and playing with you that inspired me to add some other features to my guide (which I'll do later). Conflict sparks creation--or whatever.

So yeah, even though i did sorta say some mean things earlier, you've helped this thread to grow and I'm thankful for it. And thankful that you were gracious to admit you were wrong :) .

lol

Meh, im a man of honor, and I admit I was kinda noobish too. Well, guess that 100k was worth the time saved on waiting on those clueless defenders. Also, for dancing with the queen, I actully find it easier to WALK. You walk off him slower, and she moves slower to try to hit you.

Owned_Nex.png

WHEW! After 2 hours of collecting pictures and 3 hours of splicing stuff together (not to mention 30 minutes getting those stupid graphs lined up properly) I'm finally done with this massive math-update to my guide. Yay me!

lol

Nice guide. I haven't been back to BA since the first week it was launched when i spent every day there, i OFTEN had to use the horn of glory because my team where inept, but by far my greatest moment(ever in the whole game) was my 2nd queen kill, when i was the only healer (lvl3) and by the end i was literally a jibbering mess from the stress. Good times,i'm going to play BA again....soon and this guide is the reason(for inspiring those memories to resurface).

Edit: Also i learnt a few tricks (from guide) that will help me defend, a job i hate but was often forced into because noone else would do it.

interesting...hooya id like to play w/ u. we could discuss tactics and stuff, As for using random stuff when ur partner doesnt call, well, it only works for healer attacker and coll. I suggest that the defender goes to the Horn of Glory and finds out what to use.

very nice guide and tips, if only you posted this a few months back and i would of had my torso in 2 days instead of 2 weeks :D

Going for the hat and maybe gloves for rcing now

veng/barrage - torso/hat - b gloves

dh64ot2.png

thanks for making this guide. i can't tell you how glad i am to see you telling people that anyone can fire the cannon and there is no penalty for doing so! oh i wish everyone knew this! where did the rumor even start that only the collector can fire the cannon without losing points? it is always so disappointing when a collector stops gathering new eggs (and usually stops calling for the attacker too) and starts wasting their time on the cannon. i really appreciate you mentioning that the collector should never stop collecting. and for telling them they can destroy eggs in their inventory to make room for new eggs. i hope everyone reads this. you've saved me the time it would take to write my own guide too, so thanks for that!

i am curious how you figured out 512 eggs is the max for a collector. i think in my best round as a collector i only gathered 63 eggs. are there even 512 eggs available in one round?

also, one thing that a collector can do before the queen arrives in wave 10 is to collect as many green and red eggs as possible and then help out the healers by shooting the penance healers. this is especially handy if the rest of the team is inexperienced or if the healers are low level and are too busy healing teammates. the cool thing about this, in wave 10, like you already mentioned, is the attacker isn't so dependaent on the collector calling out attack styles. that leaves the collector free to use the cannon.

oh, and has anyone made a log of gamble rewards? i'd love to see one. i am about to get my first torso (after first mastering all roles,) so i have not done any gambling yet and am trying to decide if i want to try it.

thanks again, and good luck in the game!

sig.PNG

i am curious how you figured out 512 eggs is the max for a collector. i think in my best round as a collector i only gathered 63 eggs. are there even 512 eggs available in one round?

oh, and has anyone made a log of gamble rewards? i'd love to see one. i am about to get my first torso (after first mastering all roles,) so i have not done any gambling yet and am trying to decide if i want to try it.

*cough* ok that first bit might have just been theory... lol. Still, the good thing about this theory is that only a mod can prove me wrong! I hope...

I might make a log later, but the truth is I've sort of pettered off in my BAing. With the themed world system CW has become a lot more interesting. I'd make a guide but like a billion ppl already know how to play better than me :XD:

lol

• 4 weeks later...

nice guide thank god someone posted something like this. Maybe do a gambling log next :P i would love to see the results of that to you know see what i could have gotten instead of 29 tuna potato's lol well anyway good luck playing :) i got my torso today so i dont think i will be playing again for a while (this game brings out the worst in me lol)

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.pngVisage!!! 24/1/08

Fire cape acheived 8:48 pm 9/10/07

• 3 months later...

As an owner of full penance and all maxed out skills I thank u soo much for making this guide!!!! It gets really annoying trying to tell people that the cannon does nothing to your score. Props to u for getting all that info and posting those about using the cannon. I been wanting to do something like that but got lazy... overall great guide 9.5/10

and i might make some guide about high gamble soon... might not be great since it will be my first guide but w.e

• 8 months later...

I have a really great hint for being Defender, try it and see =]

--This Works If the Healer doesnt call, in fact you ignore Healer pretty much--

I was experimenting on the best way of defending, and this worked out for me on Wave 5, Level 1 Def. (I'm thinking most people let out a few here) But I prevented ALL Runners from going thru ^_^

Anyway, it goes like this:

First off, get supplies, then rush up (dont forget to call!) to slightly left of the (right) cannon but still north of it. At this point, you should see runners either in front orjust behind. Quickly drop one of each bait (ill explain later) and move north of cannon (path connecting to trap) and drop one of each kind of bait again. What this does is to delay the runner from getting past the cannon altogether, additionally, the runners who get just past should head back and eat the bait.

Then Go to the trap and drop two of each bait on it. Run to the hammer (dropping random bait along the way) and get 2-4 logs. On harder levels, you might want to drop all the bait on the North east corner while getting hammer and logs, and barricade the western two holes. The runners should be eating and one or two may already been killed.

Run back to the south to get more bait, now This is where it starts. Fix the trap, (on Wave 5, the trap is gone, and runners all north of trap eating or going for the bad bait. Basically, keep dropping all three baits on the trap, when the runners eats and moves north. You should move one step south of trap so runners dont get past. The runners at this point form a line (or a bunch) together just north of the trap. Easy Kills =]

---Nobodynat---

Sorry, I dont have any pictures or anything, but if someone would work out what I did and proved it, It would be awesome.

Thx ^3^