Sabre/Disciple Era

2getherteam

Does anyone remember the clan The Sabres and The Disciples? Were they like the 1st clans on runescape? I remember long ago Tip.it had a section on Clan Wars and they kept some info there.

Whatever happened to them? I remember the Leaders name was King Sabre, he would make people in his clan start a new player with the word Sabre in it. Pretty crazy.

Anyways, I remember in RS Classic there were tons of Sabres....Whatever happened to those players?

And whatever happened to the Disciples?

Just hit me now out of curisotiy since Im sitting here watching a grey screen cause my RS wont load :?

Oh my God you still play Runescape?!

.....so do I....

As your a new member you probably didn't know this doesn't belong here, it actually belongs in clan discussion. Ask a mod to move it.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

hey, i didn't know there was a new sig for the autoer killing guide. i'll have to steal it from you mario :twisted: . and i'm pretty sure king sabre quit, playing since RSC will get you bored i think.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

As your a new member you probably didn't know this doesn't belong here, it actually belongs in clan discussion. Ask a mod to move it.

Im sorry, I assumed it would be somewhat of a General Topic. I just wanted to know what happened to that ERa, seeing as it was from way back in the day.

I dont really want to discuss actual CLANS, just wondering what happened to that time period where those 2 were most popular.

Oh my God you still play Runescape?!

.....so do I....

I think those clans pretty much died out early in Classic, I certainly havn't seen any since a long time before RS2 was launched, but i do remember them.

Creating a new character with Sabre in the name wasn't really that crazy, they were all pures and not many people created pures back then.

Caldius.png

hey, i didn't know there was a new sig for the autoer killing guide. i'll have to steal it from you mario :twisted: . and i'm pretty sure king sabre quit, playing since RSC will get you bored i think.

Actually I made this one, nothing to do with the autoer killling guide. I was just sick of hearing about people complaining about autoers. :wink:

Ontopic: The sabres are still alive? Wow.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Yes, the Sabres are still alive and have always been. We used to be allied with them and stuff, it was nice, but after some of their leadership switches we lost contact ( D: Sneak + Akh ). They still use the Sabre requirement, sort of. The requirements are 95+, unless you get a level 40 "Sabre" account and can level it up very quickly.

I remember the other night I was playing cards (a game he made) with King and some other old-schoolers. He's a pretty cool guy. Obviously, he doesn't play RS anymore.

Igna.gif

King Sabre and The Sabres are still alive competiting with THE to be the oldest standing rs clans.

Disciples are long gone

The Sabres indeed are alive but they are not the longest lasting clan on RS. The Sabres closed and reopened back at one point. It's a shame that the Sabres toss out their 'Sabre' Requirement. It was something unique about that clan, but now, everybody thinks they did it as a desperate attempt to stay alive again. =\

theclansig2.gif

.::::'The' Clan - 8+ Years And Still Going::::.

King Sabre and The Sabres are still alive competiting with THE to be the oldest standing rs clans.

Hardly, The Sabres have closed and reopened so many times they can't even be classed as the longest running clan, the first clan on Runescape it's likely but longest running is 'The'

The Sabres rule wasn't really as strict as you might think because they came over from another game so making an account or starting a new account with sabre in it wouldn't be a big loss since you wouldn't have been a very high cmb.

stefansigkr0.png

Proud Royal Knight of 'The' clan

forumsob8.pngmemberlistjn4.png

Click the Images :)

Erm, without trying to flame i would of said Gladz, opened way before THE did. And there is also RSD?

Not a flame however i will correct you

Your about a kazillion light years wrong. THE ans The Sabres are the longest (surviving) clans that started out at the beggening

As some others have said the sabres have closed once and reopened but Gladz was formed long after these two :P

smurffini12pnggb8.png

i always thought it was sabres vs Messiahs....Not disciples...

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

It was, Das. I'm not saying the Disciples never existed, but the Sabres had a long rivalry with the Messiahs, not the Disciples.

Anyway...

It's a shame that the Sabres toss out their 'Sabre' Requirement. It was something unique about that clan, but now, everybody thinks they did it as a desperate attempt to stay alive again. =\

Most people tended to rip on the Sabre requirement because of how outlandish it was, and how no one would want to join a clan with that kind of requirement. But when it was announced that the Sabres were not going to enforce the "Sabre" name rule, a lot of people moaned that it took the one unique thing that the Sabres had. The point is that there's a difference between unique and obsolete, and you can't fault the Sabres for, not so mistakenly, believing their "Sabre" name requirement had crossed that line.

The Sabres obviously haven't stood the test of time as well as 'The' (or really any clan in TA), but you can't count them out as longest-running. From what I understand, their forums were shut down at a low point a long time back, and the clan has indeed run through some splits. But to say that they closed down countless times is baseless. And honestly, a clan staying alive as long as the Sabres have, regardless of their ups and downs, is an accomplishment that very few clans can claim.

Igna.gif

holy crap it's 2getherteam, I haven't seen you in ages!

About the comments:

The Sabres, as any super-old school player would know them, are much different in this present day and age. They are obviously no longer the dominant force they once were in the clan world.

I do remember a clan known as the Disciples, however I can't remember them ever being any sort of powerful clan. I do believe you have them confused with the Messiahs, as mentioned before this post.

Some old clans that still hold some considerable sway in the clan world today would be:

-The Corruption - Just had our 4th birthday not long ago, the #2 f2p pking clan presently

-Damage Inc - I believe they are about 3 years old now, still a powerful force on both p2p and f2p

-The Arguably the oldest, I'm not going to bother arguing which came first, Sabres or The, but THE does still have some considerable strength, though they may not be the most active as far as large scale pking is concerned. Are more so a fun event/community style clan these days.

-TRWF - I'd say they're roughly 4 years old, perhaps a bit under that, because I believe they formed a bit after Corruption did. Again, they're still a considerable force in the wilderness.

As far as whatever happened to most of the "____ Sabre" or "Sabre ____" players, I would think that a vast majority of them have retired from Runescape, as those names were created 6, or 7 years ago. There are still a few kicking around here and there, but not nearly as many.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."