[Handled] Mining

Guest Freak_Boy75

Guest Freak_Boy75

The entire "Training" section of the Mining Guide has been obliberated.

[pokemama edit 9/30: you scared me to death! :ohnoes: I still see the levelling section at http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page= ... #levelling

Can you not see the text and the table? What browser are you using? Hope we can get this straightened out. Please post again and let us know.]

You can talk to the new Mining tutor: Monlummonlumpj5.gifHe gives you a free bronze pickaxe.

He's located south-east of Lumbridge Swamps, which is the red circle around the '?'

miningtutorsu6.png

I'll be more specific, he tells all info about all kinds of ores and pickaxes.

It wouldn't be worth adding it if you only say he gives free bronze pickaxe, since it's junk and can be found all other the F2P world.

I hope I've been more specific.

You can talk to the new Mining tutor: Monlummonlumpj5.gifHe gives you a free bronze pickaxe.

He's located south-east of Lumbridge Swamps, which is the red circle around the '?'

miningtutorsu6.png

I'll be more specific, he tells all info about all kinds of ores and pickaxes.

It wouldn't be worth adding it if you only say he gives free bronze pickaxe, since it's junk and can be found all other the F2P world.

I hope I've been more specific.

Good point <.< :P

Lol, TBM, you are soooo competitive! ;)

Hellbellz, I appreciate the suggestion and the map. A Crewbie has created some minimaps which will soon appear in our Beginner's Guide. You are probably right that we should add the tutors to the Skill Guides. We'll look at adding them in the next round of guide updates.

You probably don't know it, but we cannot accept pictures (such as the one of the tutor that you posted) that are taken straight from the Jagex website. That is considered plagiarism (if you told us it was your own and we credited you for it), and would make us look bad. Please see the sticky at the top of this forum http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=534180 about this.

All of the pictures on our website are taken in the game personally by our Crew and users. When capturing an NPC or item, that means cleaning all of the background off the picture pixel by pixel (a great deal of work!), and then making it a transparent GIF.

Incidentally, any time anyone sees a picture submission in this forum that is really from Jagex's Knowledge Base or another fansite, please let us know using the report button. Thanks!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

The update also removed the mith and addy rocks from that mine, so the mining map for Lumby Swamps must be remade to.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

All of the "original" rocks from the lumby swamp mine (2 addy, 5 mith, 7 coal) have been moved *waaaaaayyy* west, closer to Draynor now than to Lumby. They are southwest of the Lumby cave entrance and the Lost City quest start, on the "west coast" of this area. Father Urhney's house is there, too.

You can find them by walking directly west from the new mining area and fishing tutor. It's a long walk.

Hope that helps until new maps can be made.

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Cool, it certainly does, thnx a lot.

I went down after the update and i missed them in the new tin and copper mine.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

uuh yeah wheres the training and stuff in the skill guide btw its 3 in the morning and i just spent 35 mins registering and finfing the right forum to let you know about this problem so please fix it for me... thanks :thumbsup:

Spread love and peace throughout RS, help wherever you can... remember we'd all appreciate a little help sometimes. Most importantly, have fun!!! It's what it's all about :)

Thanks very much for joining just to let us know about this problem - it's much appreciated!

Since you are the second person to ask about this, I went in and tore the code apart.

There was a bit of code that other browsers handle but Internet Explorer doesn't - this was keeping that section invisible.

I regret the error and will get the revised version uploaded ASAP. In the meantime, Netscape and other browsers will display this section with no problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks very much for joining just to let us know about this problem - it's much appreciated!

Since you are the second person to ask about this, I went in and tore the code apart.

There was a bit of code that other browsers handle but Internet Explorer doesn't - this was keeping that section invisible.

I regret the error and will get the revised version uploaded ASAP. In the meantime, Netscape and other browsers will display this section with no problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thats a dilly of a pickadilo, good luck fixing it! Thank god for Firefox

Since the new Elemental quest has been released maybe Elemental ore should get a place in the guide.

eleorenl4.gif

Name: Elemental

Lv to mine: 20

Exp: none

Notes: Mining this rock will transform it into an Earth Elemental which drops the ore once killed. The ore is part of the Elemental Workshop quest and can be used to make Elemental or Mind Shields & Helms.

Also while looking at the table I noticed that all of the images are of the 'old' style rocks which are rapidly decreasing. It maybe beneficial to feature the new style rocks instead now. If you think this would be a good idea I'm willing to go get those pics so just pm me.

inferno_char.png

I'd love to have new rock pictures for this guide.

This most recent update seems to have obscured the vein colors worse than before, but I guess they haven't gotten many complaints on that yet (too busy messing up the run interface, lol?!)

Try to capture as much of the exposed vein color as you can, so that it can be seen by our guide viewers.

Thanks for offering to help!

New Pics as promised:

Clay

claycl0.png

Copper

copperorevu8.png

Tin

tinoreqj3.png

Blurite

bluriteiq3.png

Limestone

limestonefb6.png

Iron

ironorejf3.png

Silver

silveroreeo6.png

Coal

coalkx7.png

Sandstone

sandstonema2.png

Gold

goldoreex4.png

Gems

gemrockbj0.png

Granite

graniteiw2.png

Mithril

mithorekf0.png

Adamant

addyorezp6.png

Rune

runeorexe8.png

They are all the same height/width and all png format.

inferno_char.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Pure ess is Lvl30 mining

2 see for yourself

pureessvs6.png

[hide=]

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Gee, for someone with "billions and billions on multiple accounts", you sure whine a lot.
[/hide]

• 2 months later...
there is no information about lvl 35 pure essence mining

This cuold be added as a side note to the rune ssence, but you get same exp for rune ess and you do for pure ess. just gotta be level 30.

as i said. footnote to that section maybe?

[pokemama 19 Jan: ??? this is in the October version of the guide in the Mining Ores table: "If the mining level is at least 30 and you are on a members server, you mine pure essence."]

• 3 weeks later...

there is a new mining spot!

there is a mining spot on neitiznot just northeast of the main island.

-there are 7 coal rocks and 1 rune ore rock :thumbsup:

-i don't know if this is a beeter mining spot then wildy because i've never been to wildy one but it's a lot safer

-it's pretty close to a bank and could b added as a training spot for lvl 85-99

i have a picture of the area but idk how to make sure it's in the right format and all so please pm me and tell me how

[inferno_char edit: Thanks for the info but that won't be necessary, our guide and map teams are working on this update right now.]

Gameking777.png

Gameking777.png

• 3 months later...

I think the "training methods" section should be updated.

There is correct version about it, saying that iron is awesome exp when dropping. That's true, for non members.

There should also be section for members saying that granite powermining is great exp aswell.

Though, its just my thoughts :)

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.