bring me the horizon

i killed the prom queen

between the buried and me

not super ehavy but oh well..

and check these guys out

http://myspace.com/dapartygrind

:)

Hardly metal, more -core than anything.

Oh god, I hate it when people say that certain bands aren't "metal" just because they aren't as heavy as what they might usually listen to.

It has screaming, it has heavily distorted guitars, it has double-kick bass drums (I'm aware that is not all metal is confined to, nor does all metal contain it), it's metal.

Cool.

I'm going to see Behemoth tomorrow! :evil:

:mrgreen: < I'm this green with envy but not smiling. I frickin love Behemoth.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

bring me the horizon

i killed the prom queen

between the buried and me

not super ehavy but oh well..

and check these guys out

http://myspace.com/dapartygrind

:)

Hardly metal, more -core than anything.

Oh god, I hate it when people say that certain bands aren't "metal" just because they aren't as heavy as what they might usually listen to.

It has screaming, it has heavily distorted guitars, it has double-kick bass drums (I'm aware that is not all metal is confined to, nor does all metal contain it), it's metal.

The line is blurred, to be sure. If thats your opinion of metal, so be it. Just understand that most disagree with that viewpoint.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Um Iron Maiden? Their music is mainly sung with occasional shouting/ harshness. The guitars are distorted but not alot and they use a single bass drum. They also pretty much define what heavy metal is.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Um Iron Maiden? Their music is mainly sung with occasional shouting/ harshness. The guitars are distorted but not alot and they use a single bass drum. They also pretty much define what heavy metal is.

Note how I said "nor does all metal contain it". I was making a generalisation about modern metal. Basically what I was saying was, if a band screams, uses double kick drums, and heavily distorted guitars, which all the bands that the guy mentioned do (with the exception of the band he provided a myspace link to), then they are a metal band. However, a band does not need to possess those particular qualities to be a metal band, nor is metal simply confined to those qualities.

And Iron Maiden doesn't really define what metal is. One subgenre perhaps, but not the entire genre.

The line is blurred, to be sure. If thats your opinion of metal, so be it. Just understand that most disagree with that viewpoint.

I'm not meaning to slur you here, this is just because I'm not quite sure what you mean. What viewpoint of mine do most people disagree with? That the majority of metal (with the exception of older metal bands, particular from the 70's to the mid 90's. I'm more or less talking about modern metal.) contain screaming and heavily distorted guitars? As I said in my previous response, I am aware that metal is not confined to those qualities, but it does contain them widlely, certainly more widely than any other genre I know of.

Cool.

I know some of these probably have been used already but I'll give you a list of the metal bands I listen to.

Astarte

Behemoth

Belphegor

(OLD!!!!)Cradle of Filth

Dimmu Borgir

Hate Eternal

Immortal

Job For A Cowboy

Mayhem

Morbid Angel

Naglfar

Nargaroth