Dragon NINJA SWORD

Melkordrk09

Yeah, maybe the post is not *that* serious, so perhaps it shouldn't be in "runescape discussions." However, anyone can register for these forums, so unless people are being offensive or scamming, I guess they can talk about whatever they want. I'm not saying I like seeing tons of silly ideas, but I read these posts for entertainment, at least in part. It's not like it's a forum about scuba diving, which could offer bad advice about resurfacing that could hurt someone :)

I voted "nay" on the new proposal for ninja swords, by the way.

lpinkus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it waould be an awesome idea if there were so any more dragon items like a ninja sword. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS ISSUE
You make way too many dumb topics, and you are a chicken feather(i.e. NOOB) so shut up plx
you should never attempt to insert a floppy disk in a 56X CD-ROM drive, as floppy disk shrapnel hurts

Im suprised at the repliers stupidity...

I mean every single person has gone "pmg dragon ninja sword.. how dumb!!!111oneoeneshfit11"

I think he gets the point, no need to copy and paste the above persons reply and change a few words like we all do in our essays ;)

Excuse me, but what do you mean by "ninja sword?"

Do you mean a kodachi, a ninja-to, a wakizashi, or what?

I don't really see this as an issue. Perhaps you should start thinking about more complicated topics to post about.

Sorry, but i am pretty sure only about 2% of people know what a "kodachi, ninja-to and wakizashi" are. Probably less.

I think a ninja sword is a much more appropriate usage of word, because people will actually understand it.

==ice==

So lets dumb down rs any more to apeal to the people who don't know?

And btw, if they saw a "ninja-to" ingame, they would instantly be like that item = Ninja-to. Its not brain surgury you know.

I'm guessing katanas will be out shortly though, with that samari looking guy from the new quest and all :?

well since todays update this topic sure takes a different ruit, the idea of ninjas is highly more possible now, but i doubt if there are new weapons they will be called ninja swords, most people know what katana means, at least i do :wink: and hey, i used to think mace was a type of fish

well since todays update this topic sure takes a different ruit, the idea of ninjas is highly more possible now, but i doubt if there are new weapons they will be called ninja swords, most people know what katana means, at least i do :wink: and hey, i used to think mace was a type of fish

hehe, *see's a mace swiming around*

but yes, i don't think katanas (probaly most known weapon from 'teh east) won't be far off :)

I'm guessing, as a guess, it will be somewhere between a scimatar and a long sword knowing jagex.

Thats just my guess though :P

I figured the dragon long had fit the bill for that pretty well. But speaking of ninja weapons, I wouldn't mind seeing a sickle on a chain. You could throw it outward to strike enemies from a distance, and its special attack could have glowing and spinning of the weapon before swinging it vertically in a big earth-smashing slash (earth-smashing as in the cool red glowing flash effect appearing to bisect the opponent). My other invisioned attack would be for it to go in the ground, with multiple sickles bursting up from the ground a second later. That could even be a new magic spell.

I figured the dragon long had fit the bill for that pretty well. But speaking of ninja weapons, I wouldn't mind seeing a sickle on a chain. You could throw it outward to strike enemies from a distance, and its special attack could have glowing and spinning of the weapon before swinging it vertically in a big earth-smashing slash (earth-smashing as in the cool red glowing flash effect appearing to bisect the opponent). My other invisioned attack would be for it to go in the ground, with multiple sickles bursting up from the ground a second later. That could even be a new magic spell.

You mean a kusari-gama? :P

Flails are totally different weapons. For one thing, they actually have a shaft, and the piece of metal on the end of the short chain, whether spherical or elongenated, is of the bludgeoning sort, rather than slashing.

A kusari-gama, on the other hand, is a kama (short haft with a sickle blade extending from the end at a 90-degree angle) on the end of a long (think two-to-three-metre) chain.

Flails are totally different weapons. For one thing, they actually have a shaft, and the piece of metal on the end of the short chain, whether spherical or elongenated, is of the bludgeoning sort, rather than slashing.

A kusari-gama, on the other hand, is a kama (short haft with a sickle blade extending from the end at a 90-degree angle) on the end of a long (think two-to-three-metre) chain.

bit off topic here, but those weapons are awsome (kusari-gama's)

They just look cool, and are realy deadly :)

Omoshiroi nee...

1) Aren't there already ninja monkies on Ape Atoll? The annoying ones that shoot arrows at you immediately after you break out of jail? If anyone could teach us to be ninjas it's those monkies, but they hate us.

2) This post isn't going anywhere soon...

3) Zonorhc, I appreciate the depth of your typical posts and all, but hardly anyone knows weapons by their proper names, especially if they're from feudal Japan...not much point trying to educate the ignorant masses on this board, it's like setting up a dam with toothpicks one by one.

Guest impure159

Well this has nothing to do with anything but I always thought it was spelled kusari-gUama and they took the shaft off when attaching to the chain?

I know flails are different, but some people get whiny about that stuff

I would like to learn ninja-like things from the Ape Atoll monkeys, like climbing walls with claws and stuff. I know that'll probably go overboard with people climbing all over buildings in Varrock with claws. :P I would like to see a monkey dueling arena at Ape Atoll with new skills acquired as you win more battles... or something. I'd love to bring and equip a pair of rune scimitars.

3) Zonorhc, I appreciate the depth of your typical posts and all, but hardly anyone knows weapons by their proper names, especially if they're from feudal Japan...not much point trying to educate the ignorant masses on this board, it's like setting up a dam with toothpicks one by one.

i agree, Zonorhc is getting way to in depth of these arguments with people who just don't happen to know a certain weapon from ancient japan

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

i agree, Zonorhc is getting way to in depth of these arguments with people who just don't happen to know a certain weapon from ancient japan

It just irks me when people generalise and say "ninja sword" or "samurai sword" without actually being specific about it. They're broad terms, and I'd rather that people, particularly those who suggest their implementation, be fairly accurate with names.

As for the actual weapon, I think the Dragon Longsword comes close though it is only one-handed.

It just irks me when people generalise and say "ninja sword" or "samurai sword" without actually being specific about it. They're broad terms, and I'd rather that people, particularly those who suggest their implementation, be fairly accurate with names.

As for the actual weapon, I think the Dragon Longsword comes close though it is only one-handed.

Yup. it anoys me too, i mean, you could at least use a term people know like "katana" instead of "ninja sword". i'm almost postive most people know what a katana is... :?

• 3 months later...