Tip.It Times Presents: Letters to the Editor #6

MPM

Lol, I guess I'm glad I don't look like a noob anymore... :lol:

It can't really be flame war when it's intelligent.. :P If I had said "Pmg bambino u such a n00b!21@!@! Go pl4y in traff11c!12!@", or some other profoundly immature statement that directs an insult, then it would be a flame war. But seeing as we're not, and we're both refraining from using leet speak, it's just a mature argument. ;) Something that I would be happy to continue with him.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::' Who knows, we're about the same level... How about it, bambino? I'll take you on with my knuckles and bone. Man to man, flesh to flesh, through blood and sweat... Sounds like a blast. :lol: *Pots up*

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

What i noticed most about the article, is that the guy said that under 13's must lie about their age! Well, this statement has some real complications with a very real law.

The law states that no under 13 is allowed to play any games such as rs without parental consent. If that form when joining up was not there parents could take Jagex to court over their little kiddies getting addicted to the game.

It is not a small matter that under 13's lie about their age, it is a prosecutable offence to lie about your age and yes, the form complies to a very very real law and covers Jagexs back!

So please under 13's dont lie. I haven't seen the form in years but more than liekly it states to get parental consent. It is a real law to get your parents consent and if something bad was to happen through playing this game then that form will be void as you lied about your age; in fact I believe a new law is coming out where parents can get fined if their child plays a certain game without their CONFIRMED consent. It's messed up but at the end of the day everyone wants to sue (i.e. Those kids who walked into McDonalds and sued them for McDonalds serving the burgers the kids paid for).

As for the game, i know java! I program it and trust me it is not designed to do things that jagex have. I have programmed similar things to rs but on very very very very very very small scale (and even that took a month just to make one dungeon with a moving char). The fact that they have done rs is awe inspiring for many programmers including me, well done jagex!

Well, I really don't get why so many people are saying "oh prank king got owned" or saying he knows nothing and that hes all wrong. I personally thought his article was great and the reasons he posted are exactly why I myself retired recently.Runescape has became a game geared towards the young and obviously miniclip was a huge part of this, when a site for kids posts a ad for a game who do thinks gonna see it?..kids of course.And I find it a little funny that the author of the first reply didn't even play before miniclip, but yet hes defending it strongly and saying it didn't really bring immaturity. :-k Yup You werent here before the ad showed but yet you know how rs changed?A lot of ppl seem to be posting on here but yet they've nvr played classic so they haven't been able to see the change.Also, the 13+ age limit has always been there..maybe you went too quickly to see it or something but it has been there so saying "oh im 11 but i started before the age limit doesnt rly make sense :/ And the point that age doesn't reflect maturity, well sometimes there are very mature younger players but its not very often and I think that usually higher lvls have more maturity.How often do you see 126's running around begging for stuff, trying to scam, or talking in "1337" speak? Not often in my expeirences lol. Warnings- Well anyone who pked or did kalphite queen often knew how annoying these were. And then the ditch of stupidity came out to make warnings more annoying. There was alrdy a warning sign for the wild..but since younger players couldnt spend the time to read that and got killed, they had to add in the ditch to slow down rcers and pkers and anyone else going in the wild. Yes you can now toggle warnings off but still, after the first few times seeing it I don't see why warnings are still even necessary.The last thing and the main reason I retired is because of the updates and the skill required to play. There really hasnt been a challenging quests in what seems like forever..and the game has just became a contest for who can click on the same thing over and over...and over.What do you have to do to get 99 wc? Click on the same tree thousands of times, exciting and challenging eh? <.< Well thats the end of my lil rant, just thought id voice my opinion :) Thx for reading.

The reason, that Jagex states why they will not allow players under 13 is for such things as sliding puzzles and harder quests like they stated. Just thought I would let everyone who didn't know, know.

Mmk, sorry, i had to correct this :).

The reason that jagex doesn't allow players over the age of 13 to play runescape is because of international laws.

Those two letters were incredible. It's nice to see that not everyone is so stereotypical.

It's annoying when you see other players harassing young one's for no reason at all.

By calling them names and tormenting them, you're being the immature one, not them.

This is true =).

dragonmattcape,Blkdragon696.gif

Pure: 13lindside and his goals:

13lindsid3.gif

13lindsid3.gif