All About Mith Dragons

myself117

Hi, I was wondering if I could take on Mith Dragons using range, my levels are...

Hitpoints: 80

Attack: 78

Strength: 78

Defence: 78

Range: 71

Prayer: 57

Mage: 75

With those levels could I range them, or should I use something else

Also, what equipment set up would fair best against them?

and when thats all said and done, I would highly appreciate knowing everything I should know about killing mith dragons, I've looked up guides but only managed to find about one or two which weren't really that great.

oh and lastly, from any mith dragon experienced players, I would love to know how often you get certain drops, I know most people can kill about 1-2 drags a trip so i was wondering how often you get rune drops, and what drops you usually get the most

and lastly, if anyone is good at math [which im not..im going into algebra 1 for the 3rd year in a row in a few days -_-]

what is the percent chance of recieving a famed, dragon full helm?

Thank you so much for reading, and I'm looking forward to hearing your replies, any information what so ever, would be wonderful

I know its alot to answer but I'd appreciate every response

Thanks =]

-myself117

dethklok123copy-2.gif

Goals:

Str: 86/90

Hitpoints: 85/90

Fletching: 96/99

Fishing: 74/80

Prayer: 61/70

Woodcutting: 82/85

Magic 80/80

tbh, I think that you will struggle. None of your combat stats are particularly high. They will attack with range and magic attacks so you will be burning through those range and prayer pots + sharks. I think that you will probably kill 1 per trip. I kill four at best when meleeing, it is slow and painful to kill just one of them. (I'm 91 att,def, str)

regarding the probability thing, I have no idea, but if they are anything like the same as the metal dragons in brimhaven, it will be one every few hundred. The helms are so rare because it takes so many trips to kill any significant amount.

Regarding good tactics to kill them, I melee with a superset, melee pray with sharks or better food. I typically wear ahrims for the mage defence. They don't use range close up. They don't seem to use their mage attack as often as their melee one so melee pray is best.

For attacking at distance, you want either magic pray with good range defence, or vice versa. I didn't have much success the one time that I tried it.

I'd recommend getting your stats up before you seriously attempt to kill them, it will just be a waste of money otherwise.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

you could kill a few with a full inventory i think. i have heard that even maxed players struggle with them so it might be best for you to avoid them.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

I am a lvl 125, 90 pray and 99 range, and I wouldnt range them. I tried all sorts of attacks on them and I prefer meleeing. I use veracs + neitznot helm and whip, sara brews, super restores, antifire pots and super set. I can kill 5 -8 with that inventory.

Use protect from melee and eat/drink sara brew when the drag hit you with magicks. Super restores also restores prayer so no need for p pots.

Looking over your stats I would strongly advice you to up the stats first before you go there.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Ranging is actually one of the better ways to go, but your ranging level is a bit low, which means it will cost you more to kill them. Your prayer level is also low, and having prayer is really important with miths.

On my site I have a very extensive guide to killing mith dragons that really will tell you "all about them": strengths and weaknesses, tactics, common and rare drops, location and positioning and so forth. I outline a basic ranged technique and an advanced ranged method, both with equipment lists, diagrams and advice.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Nice guide...anyways...

On topic:

I wudnt recomment ranging with ur stats though, too low. I cna barely do it.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Thanks robgrout.

It's too big for forum posts. I offered it (free, just a link) to Tip.It for the Monster Slaying section, but was told by an admin that Tip.It won't publish anything unless it is exclusive. Obviously I am not going to remove it from my own site so that didn't work out. :)

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png