How do I draw manga bodies?

Cars066

Here are the 3 problems i am having with drawing manga bodies.

1. I got 2 books from the library, one tells me to do the wire frame, then add shapes, then cover it with muscles, then sikin (THAT TAKES FOREVER!!!!) (see picture) and the other assumes i know how to draw human figures already.

2. I don't know what the differences between 'simplified' and 'realistic' manga, for example, do simplified manga characters still have fully formed bodies? And does realistic manga mean you have to draw all the muscle details?

3.THE "WIRE FRAME, GEOMETRIC SHAPE, COVER WITH MUSCLES AND SKIN" METHOD TAKES FOREVER!!! (see picture) THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!!! :wall: like, couldn't i just draw the outline of the person and then add details such as muscles etc? Or something else other than making a wire frame and adding shapes and blah blah blah.

this is what i mean by the boring wire frame, shape, muscle, etc method.

169fs88105.gif

There must be a better way...

My Music Is My Life

I love all of you

Hurt by the cold

So hard and lonely too

When you don't know yourself

Draw what you see?

But seriously I think there are a lot of topics online about this, it all depends on how you are comfortable doing it. Whenever I draw, for example, I don't bother with wireframes but just draw what I see.

well, thanks for your post, but i mean in drawing my own characters, so draw what you see doesn't really make sense. could you explain what you mean?

My Music Is My Life

I love all of you

Hurt by the cold

So hard and lonely too

I guess it depends. If you're drawing your own characters do you kind of see what you want to do in your head already?

You probably would be good starting off with basics until you get better. A reference photo, something, just for the base idea. Modify your own drawing for whatever pose/person you want it to be -- use a reference to see the correct proportions.

So Nadril, you are saying basically that if i want my character to jump, picture him/her jumping in my head, and with the help of a reference photo, draw what i see in my head? And by starting with the basics, do you mean using the wire frame, shape, add muscle etc. method (like in picture) to familiarize myself with the body structure until i get better?

My Music Is My Life

I love all of you

Hurt by the cold

So hard and lonely too

Alright. Lets see. I think you are thinking the wrong way.

You see, you want to draw manga body's, all what a manga body is, is a twist of realism.

I say try to draw realistic anatomical correct stuff. And when you get the hang of that, you can start drawing anime/manga.

Yes, I am someone who does it by a wireframe. The only variation I have is that I don't start out with the 6 or 8 head proportion. I just do the torso, pelvis and head and start out with the legs and go up. I mostly ( 75% ) come up with the good proportions.

There is really no way around it. Do the wireframe or end up with just another radioactive miscreation. And I've been along that way lots of times :wink: .

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

So you use a wire frame? doesn't that take a long time for you? and isn't it annoying to attach all those shapes and everything? Or do you not do that?

My Music Is My Life

I love all of you

Hurt by the cold

So hard and lonely too

I can draw manga characters just by doodleing(mostly when I'm bored, but they are really good, exept for their heads, not so good with heads..)

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

So you use a wire frame? doesn't that take a long time for you? and isn't it annoying to attach all those shapes and everything? Or do you not do that?

Yes it does take long.

Yes it is annoying.

But the results don't lie.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Want best option to draw manga?

Here are some of them:

1. Need mirror! Go to mirror, and look at yourself, now you know how human look like? So try to remember it and draw on paper.

2. Use first option from your post(first post here) this with line skeleton. Just try to use this on and add some parts to it later.

3. Buy some books about manga or human body( no playboy!) and try to copy it.

Best option i think:

I dont use nothing i just start from head, add body, add hands and legs.

I think its really easy.

mysig2.png

----TheLair Game!----

"Game isn't dead... You wish!"

Guest Evanhart1

You don't have to draw it perfectly :!: Just try drawing the body and adding the detail in side. It might not turn out quite as nice as if you did it step by step but it will still turn out nice. (If you're good as drawing)