App Skinning?

Greatsilverwyrm

I was just curious as to if anyone around here did any Application Skinning at all? (IE Trillian, Winamp, whatever..)

If not, it'd be interesting to see what people could come up with. Maybe I'll start a little contest for it or something.. Would anyone be interested?

IRKAa.jpg

Skinning meaning making and coding actual skins, or just designing one in PS or whatever?

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Yeah, was wondering the same thing as dan, would it include the coding/scripting of the whole thing, or would it just be designing one?

I've never really had a go at it, basicly because of the coding needed if you want a unique one, not in the standard app forms.. Still, nice things can be made in the same dimensions and forms and alignments as the default, as I've seen on some winamp skins.

tipitsigte0.png

yeah, i'm currious of that too, because coding is a whole other story :lol:

btw, my mind played tricks on me when i first looked at this post and thought it said "Ape Skinning"

I was thinking to my self.... wth is Gsw skining an ape :?

Designing a skin is easy. Its the actual coding that Wyrm wants help with i think. Unfortunatly I cant help you wyrm, never actually skinned any apps before.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I skinned an old version of AIMster like 3 years ago... :-P

It's not really that hard, is it? Isn't it just replacing images with your own? Or are you talking about completely redesigning the interface? That of course is another story... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I let this sit for so long, I completely forgot about it..doh..

As for actually coding it or just designing it..either, I think. Although we'd have to agree on an app to skin. If it was something large (like an entire visual style or something) then just some concepts would be acceptable..

Matt, I don't need help with anything, I was just curious.

IRKAa.jpg