Bye Bye Autoers

guthix121

Have you finally gotten that level 60 woodcutting, and go to a yew tree to find 50 autoers around it? Have you ever tried to buy runes at an affordable price at the stores, only to come and see all of the good runes are expensive and in low stock because of autoers?Well, I have come up with an idea to get woodcutting and market autoers out of Runescape.

I am guessing that having a fence around the tree with a few tree gardians to bloack the entrance would be a good idea. They might ask you an easy question, and you would have to answer it correctly.

Woodcutting Autoers-As you all must have noticed, there are tremendous amounts of autoers in Runescape nowadays. And most of those woodcutting autoers are level 3 or 4. Well, in order to stop them from woodcutting the yews, Jagex can put special monsters in front of the trees. I was thinking that every yew tree has 5 monsters circling around it. They could be called Tree Gardians, and they would be lvl 7. Three of them would fight with melee, while 2 fought with magic. This would keep autoers from being able to woodcut, since you can't woodcut while you are under attack. Won't it hurt other Runescape players? You may be thinking this question, but how many players in Runescape can cut yews and are below lvl 15? Maybe in order to keep these monsters from attacking other players passing bye, Jagex can make it so these monsters are only aggressive to players below lvl 15 coming in contact with the yew tree. So if players steer clear of the tree, they won't get hurt.

Woocutting Idea #2-I was thinking that Jagex can turn woodcutting into a game. When you click on the tree, a screen will pop up showing a picture of a big tree with 3-7 branches. A branch will randomly light up, and the woocutters would have to click on this brach a certain amount of times times. The first to click on it would get the branch. After all the branches are taken, the tree would be chopped down, the screen will dissapear, and you would wait for the tree to respawn. This may take a little longer for people, but it will be hard for autoers to be programmed to do this. Also, the amount of times you have to click on the branch would depend on your level. For example, if your level is 0-10 above the required level, you would have to click 6 times. If it is 10-20, you would have to click 5 times, if it was 20-25 higher, you would click 4 times, and if it was over 25 higher than the required level, you would only have to click on the branch 3 times.

Market Autoers-As I said in the first paragraph, autoers buying all of the good things in special stores get annoying, since you can never buy airs, minds, deaths, or chaos runes without overspending. Well, I have come up with another idea: a time limit. I suggest that a person is only allowed to be in a store other than the general store for a max of 5-10 minutes. After that, they would automatically be kicked out for 30 minutes. This would temporarily cause problems for the autoers, since they usually stay in a store for an entire day. What if you are in trying to merchant in Worlds 1-6? You can stay in the store until your time runs out, and then you can sell things outside the store. You can stand right outside of the store as long as you want, you just won't be allowed in until 30 minutes has passed.

Overall, I think this will give autoers a problem that will take a while to solve. If Jagex makes updates like these, we could take back Runescape! (The only problem is I don't really see that Jagex is doing much to stop them). If you have any other ideas please post them here so I may add them on. I will give you credit, too.

The first idea will not work, many autoers such as dragon autoers train combat and others have other stats to avoid problems (40 crafting so to mine gold in guild). The autoers would simply just be trained to 15+ cb before woodcutting.

The second idea may work but could be troublesome for those who like to read forums while buying runes. Would it take effect on one shop or all shops? If all shops = annoy normal people, if one shop = wouldn't work as autoers could just switch to buying another item for the next period of time before they are kicked out.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Yes, but this would temporarily stop the autoers. Meanwhile, we can do other things. I was thinking that Jagex can turn woodcutting into a game. I am adding it into the guide.

As for the shops, how do people buy runes while reading the forums? Anyways, I think that 10 minutes is enough time to get what people need, and if that isn't enough, they can take a break and do something else meanwhile. This will keep autoers from staying in shops for too long

I think a better way of doing the tree "guardians" is, because of pure skillers, if you talk to them, and answer certain maybe easy questions, kinda like SOS then they won't attack you.

And for the store, I like the idea. Seeing as I am rarely in there for more then a minute.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yes, but this would temporarily stop the autoers. Meanwhile, we can do other things. I was thinking that Jagex can turn woodcutting into a game. I am adding it into the guide.

As for the shops, how do people buy runes while reading the forums? Anyways, I think that 10 minutes is enough time to get what people need, and if that isn't enough, they can take a break and do something else meanwhile. This will keep autoers from staying in shops for too long

slow respawning runes or battlestaves <3: not sure i like the game idea, it's a skill, not a mini-game

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

slow respawning runes or battlestaves <3: not sure i like the game idea, it's a skill, not a mini-game

Runes don't respawn that slowly, and if there aren't any autoers, there would be plenty of runes to begin with.

The ideas would kill skillers who are legitic players.

But the 3rd idea is ok but won't be implemented.....

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Niether of these would work. For the woodcutting one, they would just train their combat to 15+, and for the store one, they would simply log out and go onto another autoer :?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png