Taking a screenshot

chip

Taking a screenshot

I am posting here in the Tip.it forums to see if you like my suggestion.

Introduction

Ever wanted to take a quick screenshot without having to edit it and crop it to the bits you want. Well want no longer! I think I might have the solution.

Proposal

I propose to have a little button to the right of the map (see picture). This would take a photo of the current screen, either with the map, speech and inventory or without.

button.jpg

How to choose whether to take the full runescape screen, or just part of it.

To choose whether to have the full screen:

fullscreen.jpg

Or the smaller screen:

lessscreen.jpg

You would go into 'settings' and select one of the bottom buttons (see picture). The one that is red would be the on that you use (the picture with the frame is the full screen).

How to get your screenshots

To download your photos you would go onto http://www.runescape.com and click on 'View your screenshots' under Account management. This would take you onto a page where you can name, download or delete your pictures.

screenshot.jpg

Who can take the screenshots?

Members and non-members alike can both take screenshots, however non-members can only take 15, whereas members can take up to 50.

Thankyou for reading and I hope you like this suggestion. If you do please post. Maybe if I get enough posts Jagex might consider it, and one day we might even be able to take videos.

To be quite honest I think it's the lazy man/woman's way of doing things.

WE ALREADY HAVE A BUTTON FOR IT

it's called printscreen, then use paint.

It does not take too long and it doesn't take a genius to do it.

Sorry but I don't support the cause, when my computer already does this for me anyway. :-#

v.jpg

It would help, me casue im dumb, and still cant figure out how to take a screenshot, even re-reading the guide here on tip-it, but most people that will use it, dont need it. It would use too much memory, and be too much work for jagex, which would be better served making useful updates.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

come on ppl, this takes more work to do yourself and it's restricting to.

You would make 50 pics, then ur gallery is full, but you want more.

You go back to the original way (printscreen, paint).

This wil only give negativ's:

- less bandwidth like stated

- Confusion which pics you have taken are on the web site or other folder on ur PC.

Yeah you can download them but then they get a whole load of unnecesary (spelling?) Download stream's. Jagex need alot of internet space and/or servers to do that.

IF printscreen didn't exist it would be one of the coolest idea's i've read, but it's like:

Bringing an postcard to your neighbour, but instead put stamps on it and bring it to the mailbox or ur nearest post office.

To the guy who doesn't know how to do it:

- Check that ur keyboard work's 100%

- Make sure your keyboard is set normal (english settings for english keyboard, American setting for american keyboard, etc.)

- Try the printscreen option with numlock on and off (for me it works both)

-: press printscreen, open paint, hold Ctrl down and whilst doing so press "V" 1 time ( or use right mouseclick, Paste option)

Done.

Yes i don't support this suggestion to, why?

1. Not all people do screenshots;

2. Is so easy to do with printscreen or special software;

3. This update i think will lag servers and current lag already enought!

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

it would be useless, there are already programs that autosave pics to your Pc without pasteing them to Paint, it would cause rants about the number of pics, you would have to download them and there would bee too much memory usage

natasa777.jpegavatar175ed1.gif

refresh to see another sig

F2p forever