dust-off

demonworshiper666

my pc has been overheating alot lateley, but its freezing cold in the house, this really has me awfullly confused. but then i went on goole for like 10 mins and found out i can use dust-off product i can get two cans for like 20$ at a best buy but i dont know if i should do it myself or have someone do it for 40 bucks? if you think i should are there any good guides out?

xaulinmonk54.jpeg

[^^Thanks Go To Runemetsa For Most Sigs]

you can do it, just open the case (remove the big screws only), spray at whatever looks dusty, then close it back up.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!

you won't touch the motherboard, and you can just touch a sink or something else metal beforehand.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!

20$? jeez

i got 2 cans at walmart a few weeks ago for under 4$ each

"3m dust remover?

also, when you get it, turn the can upside down spray ur hand from far away... but just a little bit, then lick ur finger.

XD

Touch the PSU to avoid being electricuted. I learnt this off a friend of mine, you touch it and it grounds you so you can't be electricuted.

Or, just turn the thing off and unplug it before you open the cover :wink: Your theory doesn't really work though, if you're grounded, electricity is more likely to flow through you if you touch something with charge stored on it (i.e. a capacitor). I think you mean that if you are grounded (by touching the PSU), you transfer any static charge stored in your body, to ground, so you are less likely to fry any delicate components.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Touch the PSU to avoid being electricuted. I learnt this off a friend of mine, you touch it and it grounds you so you can't be electricuted.

Or, just turn the thing off and unplug it before you open the cover :wink: Your theory doesn't really work though, if you're grounded, electricity is more likely to flow through you if you touch something with charge stored on it (i.e. a capacitor). I think you mean that if you are grounded (by touching the PSU), you transfer any static charge stored in your body, to ground, so you are less likely to fry any delicate components.

That's the one.

Yeah, I knew I always had to have the thing switched off at the mains / unplugged. I usually unplug at mains and unplug the power connector to the PSU to make sure there is no electricity flowing at all.

mazurizi.png